It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can I not post pictures to get my avatar back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
OK, I follow the instructions, go to MemCenter, go to my pictures and it takes me to media.abovetopsecret.com...&message=1

Now, I can't log in with my normal ATS ID, I can't reset password here as it tells me I don't have an account (I take it that this is a separate login than ATS)

So, I hit the "sign up now" and I get "Sorry, Signups have been disabled. Please check back later!"

It has been like this for me for days.... What's the deal?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Works for me. You don't need a separate login, just use your existing login & password.
As you indicated, you already tried that. Maybe you mistyped your password. Try again.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm having a problem of my avatar not showing up either.
It shows on my member page but not on my posts on the board.

Can anyone see my avatar? No biggie, but I don't understand
why. It showed up the last time I was here a few days ago.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Oops. Sorry. I meant to U2U. Not post. lol

Ignore. I'm exhausted. lol

[edit on 3/14/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thanks, I got it fixed.

What happened was when I tried to log in to the "media" page, my password was wrong so I hit the "reset password" on the media page...that doesn't work by the way and it told me that I didn't have an account.

So, I found my latest password and was able to log in. Took a bit of playing around because the tutorial video (from U2U admin) doesn't exactly work the same way.

Thanks all

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I tried everything you mentioned and it still said the same thing "disabled". I then tried to sign up for an account and still says "disabled".

could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I want to get my avatar up.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaydie
I'm having a problem of my avatar not showing up either.
It shows on my member page but not on my posts on the board.

Can anyone see my avatar? No biggie, but I don't understand
why. It showed up the last time I was here a few days ago.

Once you've uploaded your image to the media site, click on the picture icon, then you have to COPY its URL from there and then come back to the ATS site and past that into MemCenter avatar box. Yeah, I didn't know that either until I began wondering why I was having the same problem.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiso_us
reply to post by infolurker

I tried everything you mentioned and it still said the same thing "disabled". I then tried to sign up for an account and still says "disabled".

could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I want to get my avatar up.

Yes, when you go to the MemCenter and click on my pictures it takes you to the "media" site.

If your like me, you reset your password a long time ago and now you just go to abovetopsecret.com and you don't have to log in every time.

Well when you go to this media page, you have to dig up that old password and TYPE it in manually. A copy and paste didn't work for me. It appears you CANNOT reset your password from this media site, you have to go back to abovetopsecret to do that and if you try to reset your password or "sign-up" from the media site, it doesn't work / errors on you / tells you that you don't have an account.

So you will have to manually type in your login and password on the media site to access.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the response, I have never signed up for the media site, I took it all I need was my ATS user name and password. as far as reset of password goes I never did it on ATS.

Am I correct in saying that the signup has been disabled, I got my picture on potobucket and took the URL and pasted it in my MemCenter, it shows up on the right hand side.

I clicked on 'My Pictures', it took me to the media site, then I typed in my user name and password.

The following errors have occurred:

* Incorrect username or password. Please try again!

So I go too 'signup', it says

Sorry, Signups have been disabled. Please check back later!

Is there anything I'm forgetting..................

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
OK... got it.

What happened was I DID request a password when my computer crashed sometime last year.

I'm now on the media site.

Thank you everyone for the hints.

top topics

join