It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sales of guns, ammo still high

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Four months after the election of President Barack Obama, firearms and ammunition sales in Tulsa remain at a fever pitch.

"People are hoarding. They're creating a shortage," Jim Prall at Sports World on 41st Street said of ammunition sales. "We've sold more ammunition in the last three months than we sold last year."

Tulsa world.com

It went on to say that there was a spike when President Clinton was elected and also thought that there was a spike because in hard times people do bad things like home invasions and muggings and they want to protect themselves. Plus gun enthusiast wanting to get guns before the rumored tax it to go on guns and ammo. Plus the new ban on so called assault weapons are driving up sales.

I myself am a supporter of gun rights and gun ownership. I think that everyone who are buying these guns have training in the care and handling of their firearm or are planning to do so.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I know many people who have recently purchased their first firearm... the election had very little to do with it. Many people are starting to realize that with all the crap going on, it is up to them to defend their families in the event of home invasion or riots.

The police don't stop domestic crime, they clean up your corpse and take statements to catch the criminals later..... that doesn't do you much good if your dead.

join