It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA STS-63 UFO Footage Discussion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

I did not say its bogus...you did. Stop your BS of twisting people's posts DOF.

I SAID your theory depends on angles, those of which are unknown in this video.

Now lets look at it more closely shall we?

These objects that suddenly appear...according to you, they do this because of the shadow effect from the shuttle...are you with me so far?

Good...now if these objects are appearing out of nowhere due to your theory of them coming into the sunlight because the shadow angle from the shuttle changes as it moves along, then how do you explain WHY THE OTHER OBJECTS WELL WITHIN THIS SHADOW ARE ALREADY LIT UP????

Ponder that one for awhile.

Now make shure if your going to quote, quote verbatim and avoid the "twist and shout" nonsense you like to play...ok...OK.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So if some of these ice particles are in the shadow, then how come I cant see any star light being blocked out as they pass by? Unless all those ice particles somehow miraculously manage to stay out of the light from all of those stars.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by UnconventionalRyan1990

Another very good point!

Lets see if the shadow dance gets put on these points in a direct way instead of the twisted, long winded, sound impressive obfuscation way.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

As you point out, we don't have enough information to know exactly where the shadow is. If the longitudinal axis if the shuttle is aligned with the sun, the area shadowed would be relatively narrow. Since we don't know the direction of the camera relative to the shuttle we don't know how much of the shadow lies within the field of view.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by RFBurns

As you point out, we don't have enough information to know exactly where the shadow is. If the longitudinal axis if the shuttle is aligned with the sun, the area shadowed would be relatively narrow. Since we don't know the direction of the camera relative to the shuttle we don't know how much of the shadow lies within the field of view.

Indeed. We also need to know the orientation of the shuttle, that will also have an impact on the shadow's projection as distance increases.

That shadow would be considerably wide if the shuttle were flying with its underbelly facing towards the forward flight path and the sun, and be considerably narrow if the shuttle were flying nose forward to the flight path and the sun.

I know thats what you were stating but I just worded it differently.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 15-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
One of the astronauts say that they are waiting for sun rise, wouldn't that imply that the sun has not yet risen, therefor there shouldn't be any shadow from the shuttle?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UnconventionalRyan1990

It's Houston that says it. "Sunrise" is referring to the terminator line on Earth. The shuttle is in sunlight throughout the video otherwise none of the stuff would be visible.

You can see the terminator appear at the end of the video, on the left side of the frame.. The camera automatically "stops down" to adjust for the increase in light from Earth's surface.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
"we did see something flashing visually but we not sure if that might be errrr"

These STS videos are excellent not only do they show us space and commentary but they also show us, apprehension and confusion at the same time.

You just stole the words right out of my keyboard. I was just going to say that. Is that not a big OOPS for NASA?. We can see the flashing object and it is MIR. Wait, that's not the one, it's the other flashing object. No, the other.

So, in fact, NASA is confirming that there are OTHER flashing objects. I didn't hear them say ice particles or some other absurd description as we continuously read at other threads.

Great find Majorion! S & F for you!

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Exopolitico]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
My guess would be that the situation is a combination of background stars, debries floating around orbit and some shooting stars. And near the end of the video you can see some lightning sprites. And this should not be confused to some other things.

You're right with all of the above, except debris DOES NOT blink. It may shine every so often with the reflection of light, but blinking at a steady pattern is not possible.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Exopolitico

Yes, I noticed that as well. On the comm, you can hear how confused they are, how they are unable to confirm which object is the Mir, in the midst of so many other objects.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It is not only possible, it is certain. A rotating object will reflect light in a pattern that is consistent with it's rate of rotation. Every reflective surface will brighten periodically.

Think disco ball with only a couple of mirrors.

[edit on 3/15/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hello Phage,

I agree in that it is possible. However, what are the chances that these objects are the same size and speed of rotation? They are all flashing at exactly the same pattern/speed.

Also, what are the chances NASA can't find MIR's location and confirm there are flashing objects. Sorry, you're not convincing me that these are merely floating objects flashing.

No matter how much footage you see, you will NEVER admit that they could, in fact, be intelligently operated/controlled/maneuvered.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I see a variety of flashing rates and intensities. It can be seen throughout the video but at the end, when the camera is being stopped down, it becomes very apparent.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Did you see around second 26 where two objects (meteors or otherwise) fly by at the same speed? What are the chances of seeing two meteors fly at the same speed next to each other?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What amazes me is in a lot of these videos where we see the meteors zooming by, is that by sheer luck, the shuttle and ISS have not been smacked yet by one of them...

..and in some of those videos, them speeding masses of rock zip by at very close ranges.

I wonder what those crews are thinking when they see all that potential smash and bash going by their windows.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
No, it does mean something. It means that he can't apply the ice/junk particle or debris explanation to every single object in the video.

Once again, though it should be no surprise, you miss the point. The point being, just because he cannot prove what every single little object in the video may be, it does not mean we are looking at aliens.

You attack Phage for his explanations, when several of you apply the exact same explanation to every single one of these videos, refusing to look any deeper than "it's strange, therefore alien."

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

You attack Phage for his explanations, when several of you apply the exact same explanation to every single one of these videos, refusing to look any deeper than "it's strange, therefore alien."

Oh I wouldnt go that far SC, some have actually given far more than due course consideration to the mudane explanations...and even byond that.

Problem is that some do not want to recognize that the mudane has been considered, and rejected. And apparently, that also applies in the opposite direction.

What it all means is that each are firm with their belief and each are unwilling to let the other sway that belief.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

just because he cannot prove what every single little object in the video may be, it does not mean we are looking at aliens.

And where did I even once say; that we are looking at aliens?

You attack Phage for his explanations

Phage is very much welcome to offer his opinion as is everyone else, even if I disagree. I have not once attacked him nor anyone else. Show me a post where I attacked someone who differed? ..perhaps you are mistaking me with someone else.

Please stick to the topic, not me.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

That's exactly right RFBurns. In just a span of 2 minutes we have seen how many of these meteor-looking objects fly by as such high speed? How many of these have ever penetrated the shuttle or the ISS?

There is much junk in space, I'm surprised more satellites are not going off line from these objects.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Both of the boxed orbs appear as (bear my comparison please) a bubble does when hitting the surface of the water , center first, if they were coming out of shadows, wouldn't they appear , more of the effect of a eclipse, one side lighting up as the light crosses to fully light the object

why don't more "appear" from the shadows as others would "disappear" as the shuttle turned

why don't some "disappear "into the shadow as others "should "appear as the shuttle turned

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join