It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA STS-63 UFO Footage Discussion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

I don't know which two you are referring to.

Keep in mind this is a low light camera so dim object appear very bright. We are seeing stars, ice from the leaky jet, Mir (somewhere in there), and even what looks like a thunderstorm on Earth. The particles we see zipping around are close to the shuttle and have probably just been ejected from an RCS jet. None of the particles show any unusual changes in direction.

Surprised? Yes, you've heard it before because that's what it is. Would it have made any difference to add this explanation to my initial post? The only thing unusual is the quantity of ice around the shuttle. The reason for that is the leaky jet.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The poster had boxs inserted to the vid to show what he was hoping to discuss 2 (orbs, for want of a better word) appear and "glide" away

( ) " " are my words

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You would think that if they were ice particles, the astronauts would aknowledge that, and come out and say that there ice particles instead of acting confused about it!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There is no freaking way a leaky RCS jet is going to put that much stuff in that video as seen.

If it did leak that much, that would be a very SERIOUS situation to the shuttle and crew. A potential 18,000 mph bomb just waiting to go off at the slightest static spark or firing of any other RCS thruster in all that floating flamable ice.

There are probably some particles from that leak in that video, but no way is all of that from a leaky RCS thruster. And that camera zooms in and out a few times, and when it does zoom out, why are there not any cluster of RCS leaky stuff near the shuttle? Why is it all off in the distance?

Oh ya..those magical ones that suddenly appear from nowhere (highlighted in square boxes).

I think this particular video is showing us a variety of things, not just that same lame dame ice nonsense.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I do not see anything in this video that is suggestive of aliens flying around. I think this video is clutching at straws....or perhaps I should say "clutching at aliens".

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
There is no freaking way a leaky RCS jet is going to put that much stuff in that video as seen.

Just how much does a leaky RCS jet leak?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

It looks to me like both of those are becoming visible as they drift out of the shadow of the shuttle into the sunlight. Being in space, there is no light in the shadow to reflect off of the particles, they are invisible. When they drift out of the shadow they become visible. Note that both objects "appear" in a very similar location relative to the curve of the Earth. Again, you've heard it before but that doesn't not make it wrong.

What do you think they could be? Just appearing out of nowhere? They are far from the glow of the Earth's atmosphere and moving in the wrong direction to be coming from there.

As far as this being a live broadcast or not, it seems pretty obvious that it is live, by the way the woman narrator (Houston) is explaining what we are seeing (or trying to see).

[edit on 3/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

You're right. It's not all ice but didn't you see the description from the Commander? "like a snowstorm for five miles up into space". That was earlier in the mission before they got it under control somewhat by letting sunlight clear ice that was apparently keeping it from closing completely.

A lot of what we're seeing is stars which also show up very nicely in the low light camera. Here is a pretty good quality video. You can see stars, lightning, lights on the surface, and some stuff floating around the shuttle (1:00). If you watch closely you can see stars set behind the limb of earth after they are visible through the glow of the atmosphere for a while.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
But since there filming in infrared, shouldnt the supposed ice particles be visible in the shadow also?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK, I read your reply post, took your theory and rewatched the vid with that in mind

They appear as (bear my comparison please) a bubble does when hitting the surface of the water , center first, if they were coming out of shadows, wouldn't they appear , more of the effect of a eclipse, one side lighting up as the light crosses to fully light the object

with that I have 2 questions, which are really the same question inverted

why don't more "appear from the shadows?

why don't some "disappear "into the shadow?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UnconventionalRyan1990

The cargo bay cameras are not infrared, they are low-light cameras.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, thats why I say I think we are seeing a variety of things in the video and not all from the leaky RCS thruster.

Spewing out thruster fuel components for 5 miles is quite a bit of thruster propellant. The shuttle has a very limited supply of that propellant and the RCS system is only meant for intermittent bursts, not continuous firing. A leak would be a very serious situation, not just in the manner of loosing important thruster propellant for maintaining control, but also presenting a very huge "snowshower" of incredibly flamable snowflakes!!

Like tiny bomblets floating all over the place.

The only thing I really find unusual in the video is those objects that appear suddenly that are highlighed in the boxes. Where did those puppies come from?

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 14-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

with that I have 2 questions, which are really the same question inverted

Why don't more appear? Maybe more aren't there to begin with. Maybe they appear, but outside of the field of view. I don't know enough about the video to answer that.

Why don't some disappear? Because they are too far away, or not moving in the right direction to enter the shadow.

Remember too that some of the lights are stars.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You were criticized by another person using the term "snide." Doesn't that tell you something? You think you are an authority but all I see is overblown replies. Stick to the subject and use less words, you know, be concise. You must have one hell of an ego.

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by branty

I don't tell anyone how to think. I give my opinion and the reasons I have those opinions. I also point out what I see as flaws in the reasoning of others just as others are free to point out the flaws in my reasoning. It's called discussion. Everyone is free to take whatever they wish from either side of the discussion. Perhaps if people agree with me it has something to do with the logic of my argument.

Generally speaking, when people resort to calling others a stooge. It means that they have no rational argument. At that point there is no reason to continue the discussion.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ok, i watched the vid again, check out the 2nd orb, it appers at 1;40

I think its to far away to be in a shadow but follow it, it heads up to the left slightly , comes back behind a stationary object , (camera zooms in for a second ???) but you pick it up easily as it continues behind the stationary object and appears to pulsate as it moves away from the camera, actually its very interesting

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
There have been a tremendous amount of footage showing the exterior of the shuttle and not one single ice particle, or debris, or water dump is visible near the shuttle. Yet when one of these videos such as the one under discussion or the STS-114 in another thread is shown, it seems that you instantly say that what were seeing are ice particles, debris, water dump. You sound just like Oberg. It's insulting to think that you, an earthbound observer, should claim that your POV is the only correct one.

What were seeing on some videos whether daylight or nighttime are not the result of the above. They are unknowns and the variety of these unknows cannot be explained by you nor Oberg nor anyone else.

I still stand by Astronaut Musgrave's comment to the effect that when he saw a giant circular object emerge from earth's atmosphere and drift he was impressed. He is not goiing to be impressed with your explanation as it is beyond it.

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by branty

I don't know which two you are referring to.

Keep in mind this is a low light camera so dim object appear very bright. We are seeing stars, ice from the leaky jet, Mir (somewhere in there), and even what looks like a thunderstorm on Earth. The particles we see zipping around are close to the shuttle and have probably just been ejected from an RCS jet. None of the particles show any unusual changes in direction.

Surprised? Yes, you've heard it before because that's what it is. Would it have made any difference to add this explanation to my initial post? The only thing unusual is the quantity of ice around the shuttle. The reason for that is the leaky jet.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

To me it looks like it passes in front of the smaller object. I don't think the quality is really good enough to know for sure.

The "pulsating" can be caused by a particle tumbling. At the end of the video (when the camera iris is closing and only the brighter objects can be seen), the effect becomes very clear. But I think some of that is caused by the video itself. It seems that some of the stars are doing it too. In space, stars don't twinkle.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Learhoag

Water dump
spaceflight.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

it definitly passes behind, because it gets smaller as it is heading away pulsating and disappears

ty for convo, business ownership dictates i go to bed , few hrs work tomorrow

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
Thoughts?.. opinions?.. can it be debunked?

[edit on 14/3/09 by Majorion]

Hi there,

Oh my lord, it has to be an invasion.

Imagine if we send an ATSer (believer) in orbit, what a pain it would be for the astronauts as every time someone would flush the toilets, the ATSer would be screaming "we're being invaded by aliens, gotta debunk this"

Think about how stupid that would be as the astronauts would be telling him, those aren't ET spacecrafts but diarrhea you dumb as-s.

++
Europa

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join