It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA STS-63 UFO Footage Discussion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thxx for thread , I got the link to work

I think the point you were trying to show me was the aging effects and increased chance of shuttle defecting . Thats what I took from the link.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

No.
You said we should let the Chinese or Russians do the job.
I was pointing out that the Russians have technical problems too.

Space travel is and always has been a very dangerous enterprise. It will continue to be so. Is it worth the risk? Ask the three guys up in the space station right now. Ask the crew who are getting ready to launch tomorrow.

[edit on 3/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

NASA know, all astronauts are sworn to secrecy under the official secret act punishable by a hefty spell in solitary or worst.

Yes, infact the security and secrecy is so tight around these missions that they televise and stream video of the missions all over the globe. Its top notch. They then swear everyone to secrecy about the fact that they televise and stream video around the world so that no-one will end up posting any video of these missions on you-tube and the secret will be leaked. OOPS.

Perhaps being solitary is the reason why we are punished with these threads? I dont know, what do you think, can that be debunked?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was referring to the Vid were Oberg was doin pre-damage control, in case.......

I think if the Russians had Nasa budget, we would be further ahead in space exploration

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
It seems every day more and more members in this forum do not believe there is room for genuine disagreement.

There is room for genuine disagreement, but you haven't disagreed with anything thus far; that is on-topic. If you please, tell us what you think of the footage.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Yeah you know, the Official Secrets Act:

The Official Secrets Act is any of several Acts of the Parliament of the United Kingdom for the protection of official information, mainly related to national security

en.wikipedia.org...

Everyone knows NASA is under the thumb of Great Britain.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sir, with all due respect, I realize you have the internet search engines on hot keys, I will say you are the best Ive ever seen,

Do you have any opinions of your own (no sarcasm meant)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

If you haven't seen my opinions you haven't been paying much attention. Unlike many, I cite some of the sources I find while researching before coming to an opinion. Unlike many, I know that a poor quality video carries very little information by itself.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ive only been here a month, and your usual MO is a link or 2, 8 or 9 snide words , and the rest of the people looking towards you to be told how to think,

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that this footage was leaked out of NASA. I was also under the impression that NASA canceled streams of all live footage from the space shuttles after the STS-48 footage of a UFO accelerating away from earth after a flash of light, and what I think was some kind of beam light or energy weapon being fired at it.

Sorry I meant STS-48.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by UnconventionalRyan1990]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

I don't tell anyone how to think. I give my opinion and the reasons I have those opinions. I also point out what I see as flaws in the reasoning of others just as others are free to point out the flaws in my reasoning. It's called discussion. Everyone is free to take whatever they wish from either side of the discussion. Perhaps if people agree with me it has something to do with the logic of my argument.

Generally speaking, when people resort to calling others a stooge. It means that they have no rational argument. At that point there is no reason to continue the discussion.

[edit on 3/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
you haven't disagreed with anything thus far; that is on-topic. If you please, tell us what you think of the footage.

I have. On both counts.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Okay, here is genuine disagreement: Phage's comments are ludicrous since he implies that what the video shows is that the "blizzard" (!) was caused by a leaky RCS jet. What blather. What does that have to do with the video's contents?

And then he is one of those who just rambles on with long, boring replies that does not address the OP. Of course, he is not the only, there is a coterie that just loves to turn simple OPs into multipage "novels."

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by Phage
Are you a jackass?

I'm not sure if that is the term I would use, but I digress...

It seems every day more and more members in this forum do not believe there is room for genuine disagreement.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UnconventionalRyan1990

If you look inside the thread" nasa 114" you find nasa's top debunker tryin to pass off something unidentifyable as "ice particles" it sad, but some people are buyin it, hes been on ATS for over a yr, showed up to discuss this 1 thread for at least 4 weeks now, NOW THATS 1 IMPORTANT ICE PARTICLE , as we all know, NASA never LIES

[edit on 14-3-2009 by branty]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yes, I believe that all live transmissions from NASA were cancled after STS-48 so this actually wasn't streamed live.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Generally speaking, when people resort to calling others a stooge. It means that they have no rational argument. At that point there is no reason to continue the discussion.

Ok, but I didnt call you anything , and when i looked over my question to you, I saw it could be taken as sarcasm, so i wrote in brackets (no sarcasm intended), as none was

Now if we may

A possible explanation why those 2 (whatevers) lit up as they did, and moved away?

[edit on 14-3-2009 by branty]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
Ive only been here a month, and your usual MO is a link or 2, 8 or 9 snide words...

You could just as easily be describing yourself; often your contribution is a mocking out-of-hand dismissal of any skeptical explanation.

Perhaps we should go back to discussing the topic, instead of personalities?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Please my freind , im talking to Phage , if i feel a need to talk to his underling , ill adress you

I did redirect to the thread before your attack

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

I have got some bad news for you. This is a discussion forum. With many, many members, do you understand?

Anyone can join in on a thread and answer to any post they like, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the ice particle thing just doesnt cut for me anymore. Phage, if your so confident that these are ice particles, can you please explain to me how some just seem to instantly materialize out of nothing? Or did you just not care enough to even look at the footage closely to realize this, and just found an explanation from NASA and blew it off as that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join