It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gangs petrol bomb police in N.Ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Gangs petrol bomb police in N.Ireland

au.news.yahoo.com

Irish nationalist gangs have hurled petrol bombs at police on Saturday after three alleged IRA dissidents were arrested on suspicion of killing two British soldiers in an attack designed to trigger wider violence in Northern Ireland.

Police operating in armoured cars and flame-retardant suits said none of their officers were injured during the rising mob violence in the Irish Catholic end of Lurgan, a religiously divided town southwest of Belfast.

Rioters also blocked the main Belfast-to-Dublin railway line that runs alongside the hardline Kilwilkie neighbourhood of the town.

The unrest followed Saturday's arrest of Colin Duffy, 41, the best-known Irish republican in Lurgan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
its almost coincidental the way all these dormant political conflicts are flaring up all at once.
must be the economic unrest fueling peoples fears.
though it is likely in Ireland a bunch of thrill junkies are steping up calling themselves the IRA. Or its a bunch of disgruntled kids the government are calling the IRA.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's the 'disgruntled kids' that are always engaged to 'test the market'. They are plentiful and easy targets for anything violent. They derive from both sections of the community and are completely vulnerable to the elements of divide and conquer!

Thereafter, the politicians react in order to provide the solution. Where have we heard that scenario before?

This will blow over in no time. The solution will present itself in the form of something that was not previously needed, and all because of poor civic and moral duties by all concerned parties.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Kind creepy with the whole IRA thing floating around. That must be a very sensitive acronym in Ireland at the moment.

I think they are insighting fear with this, trying to get the populations to lash out as much as humanly possible in order to justify crowd control type scenarios in the future.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Kind creepy with the whole IRA thing floating around. That must be a very sensitive acronym in Ireland at the moment.

I think they are insighting fear with this, trying to get the populations to lash out as much as humanly possible in order to justify crowd control type scenarios in the future.

~Keeper

There is no conspiracy in this - it's all a matter of those left out of the mainstream terrorist network that are seeking retribution and, I suppose, a place at the table!

Picture the mafia and the struggle for power between families. The current gang are trying to cast their influence, irrespective of the damage they cause. They will succeed only in being wiped out by other factions as a result of the extent of the damage they cause.

Therefore, within all this, there is an order of sorts, but not the one you are thinking of.

(P.s. the 'IRA' or PIRA have disbanded years ago with their weapons decommissioned under controlled circumstances. This led to the withdrawal of British troops from NI under Operation Banner. What you hear about today is a smaller, less financed operation).

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Is it a coincedence that martin mcguiness is in the USA meeting Obama?

If you don't know who martin mcguiness is I suggest you look here here

Don't be fooled, US governement funded the IRA for many years. Many innocent people died because of the IRA.

Now for some untold reason the US wants to ignite the IRA why? is it to creare a smoke screen to introduce new terror laws in the UK and the US or is it something else? I don't know but time will tell.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Yes, it is widely known that the US funded the IRA, armed them and so forth. I don't know if it's the US's actions right now leading up to these attacks (one at a military base killing 2 wounding 4, the other on a police cruiser in which the officer died).

I said a while back, probably over a year now, that as the economy in Ireland deteriorates violence will once again ignite on the Emerald Island. It is my belief that while Ireland was busy with it's massive economic expansion, people with jobs, huge mortgages, credit card debt and all the clinical problems that come with modern western societies, they where to busy to throw petrol bombs and riot. Now that's changing, and now unemployment is skyrocketing, foreclosures at record levels, and having to compete with the entire EU population for jobs. It was only a matter of time before the violence ignited.

The attacks should be condemned, and the Protestant leaders should be condemned for immediately calling in British intelligence and surveillance teams to NI.

new topics

top topics

join