It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Death Penalty 101

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

If they wanted peace they would have seeked it out. Do you think they are thinking about peace when they kill childern or rape women or murder fathers? No. There is no room on this planet for those who seek to kill the innocent. We kill them, God judges them. That simple

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Quite interesting you quote Hitler.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
IMO, some ppl just dont deserve to live. Child molestors should be chemically castrated on FIRST offence also. Justice these days is too soft. No real rammifications for ppl's actions. We need harsher punishment, rather than slap on the wrist revolving door prisons.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
When the state commits murder it is as guilty as the person they are executing whatever the so called justification.

I live in Europe and the death penalty has been abolished in almost every country - do we see a huge increase in murder rates?

The answer is no - the death penalty in itself is not a deterrent as is proven when you compare the murder rates in the US against those in Europe (Europe having much lower murder rates)

Another important reason for abolishing the death penalty is the fact that the judicial systems in all countries are flawed as they tend to benefit those that have the wealth to pay for the really hot shot lawyers who get them off while the poor get the chair.

These facts are again borne out the statistics which show if you are poor and/or intellectually disadvantaged you are ten times more likely to get execution than those who are of sound mind and who can afford a lawyer.

However the most important reason of all why the death penalty is an abhorrence is the very fact that the law is imperfect leading to the unfortunate cases of which there are many where actual innocents have been executed due to flawed convictions which are subsequently overturned post mortem.

No one can possible justify the execution of any innocent person no matter how many legitimate murderers are executed in the process - if the fraction of innocents murdered incorrectly even turned out to be just one person, its much too high of a price to pay.

Otherwise the state itself should be executed as a murderer.

This is why the death penalty is, was and always shall be unjustified in any circumstances - no matter what the crime - as there is no taking back an incorrectly applied death penalty.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
IMO, some ppl just dont deserve to live. Child molestors should be chemically castrated on FIRST offence also. Justice these days is too soft. No real rammifications for ppl's actions. We need harsher punishment, rather than slap on the wrist revolving door prisons.

So um, if Canada was to build an Auschwitz for pedophiles and abusive parents up in the Arctic and gas everyone who committed those crimes, would you support it?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Chemical castration does not work, Rape is not about sex and getting off its about the power over another person, If you really want to understand what drives people like this I would suggest readying Mind hunter by John Douglas while the book does focus on serial killers there is a large portion on rapest.

some one else mentioned mental institutes most murders are not insane, some one who is insane is not responsible for their actions because they don't understand right from wrong, if you commit a crime and try to cover it up, you know what you did is wrong.

I support the Death Penalty 110%, a number of states don't have the death penalty but life in prison is not deterring people either! I actually support the death penalty for any crime against Humanity! my only Objection is the cost of the death penalty. A rope is cheap and can be reused.

Humans are far from civilized anyhow, and one reason is that these monsters Exist, When there is no longer a need for the death Penalty or life in prison then we can talk about us being civilized, but then we would have to work on the fact that we let members of our own race starve, and the fact that we go to war with our own race.

The way I see the human Race on a sale of 1 to 10 1 being uncivilized 10 being the pinnacle of civilization we are just about a 3. our last leap in standards of being civilized was that we abolished slavery in this country, yet it still exist.

Tell me how the human race is civilized when we:
Kill each other:
Rape each other:
Let each other starve
Sell others in to slavery! and yes it still happens.

When there is no longer a need for the death penalty then we will be civilized !

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

Chemical castration does not work, Rape is not about sex and getting off its about the power over another person, If you really want to understand what drives people like this I would suggest readying Mind hunter by John Douglas while the book does focus on serial killers there is a large portion on rapest.

some one else mentioned mental institutes most murders are not insane, some one who is insane is not responsible for their actions because they don't understand right from wrong, if you commit a crime and try to cover it up, you know what you did is wrong.

I support the Death Penalty 110%, a number of states don't have the death penalty but life in prison is not deterring people either! I actually support the death penalty for any crime against Humanity! my only Objection is the cost of the death penalty. A rope is cheap and can be reused.

Humans are far from civilized anyhow, and one reason is that these monsters Exist, When there is no longer a need for the death Penalty or life in prison then we can talk about us being civilized, but then we would have to work on the fact that we let members of our own race starve, and the fact that we go to war with our own race.

The way I see the human Race on a sale of 1 to 10 1 being uncivilized 10 being the pinnacle of civilization we are just about a 3. our last leap in standards of being civilized was that we abolished slavery in this country, yet it still exist.

Tell me how the human race is civilized when we:
Kill each other:
Rape each other:
Let each other starve
Sell others in to slavery! and yes it still happens.

When there is no longer a need for the death penalty then we will be civilized !

So you want to open death camps for these people?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join