It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Veterans return to a harsh economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Iraqi veterans and those who are just returning are coming back to their homes being foreclosed and any possibility for them to return to their former lives with their families at home shattered...

This is sickening, I mean I would understand there are those folks suffering through the war but the very men and women fighting for America, risking their lives. The men and women who were paraded around a celebrated in 2003 for going to Iraq and risking their lives, whether they agreed with the war or not, are having to come back to this mess. Its bad enough the war itself was a complete flop and loss of over 4000 patriotic lives now they are having to return to this mess.

There is hope though... conventions like this one assist vets in job searching an some financial advice but really now this notion these very men and woman were called all sorts of things when needed for war but then they return to tanking economy... this has been going on for months now but Id figure Id remind folks here how badly troops are getting it... I tell ya having to risk your life and not seeing your family again for a war and only to return to this mess... and its not something that can be fixed.. just dissappointing.

This from Bush in Kentucky at Fort Cambell, November 2008:

“Success will frustrate Iran’s ambitions to dominate the region,” he said. “Success will show millions across the Middle East that a future of liberty and democracy is possible. Success will deny Al Qaeda a safe haven for launching new attacks. Success in Iraq will mean that the American people are more secure at home.”

What a joke this guy was... i cant believe so many fell for this fool back in 2000,2003 and 2004. This is just unbelievable...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I have to agree with you my friend.

Our troops are given the toughest job with the least ammount of rewards and most danger. It's quite sickening. And then when returning home after being traumatized and frightened for their lives for god knows how many tours, we take their homes and destroy their family lives.

Simply pathetic on the part of the government. Now as much as I disagree with the troops actually taking part in these sorts of wars I have to agree that these people work extremely hard and deserve to come home to a family and a home that is theirs, not some bank.

More care is required for these people, more help and more money as far as I'm concerned.

S&F for you, this is a very important topic all too often silenced.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hello!?!?!?!?!??! anymore brain damaged libs out there want to bring the troops home now?

let me explain this to you people who are going to undoubtedly not have the slightest clue. I also remind you that this is pure logic, which tends not to be popular amongst the democratic/liberal crowd. And please, I am not trying to polarize this board by my statements. Im only trying to explain a popular mode of thought and why it is incorrect.

Remember when bush didnt give a definite date for bringing the troops home? now wait, I want you to think this through, do you remember?

Ok, HERE IS WHY!

When you have a segment of your economy engaged in a war on foreign soilo AND your economy begins to faulter, bringing the soldiers home will only boost your unemployment rates. That is why, with a sagging economy, Bush tried to "beat around the bush" (
) on this subject.

Anyway, peace and try not to vote for anymore Obamas! *mutters*

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

While I agree with what you have posted, there was one thing you put in which I have to totaly disagree with

the very men and women fighting for America, risking their lives

I don't believe thay are fighting for the America or the American people.

They are fighting for there masters and unfortunately have to follow orders, this has nothing to do with Americas safety and everything to do with large corperations to make more money.
Halliburton, monsanto, exxon ect.........

[edit on 14-3-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by Southern Guardian

While I agree with what you have posted, there was one thing you put in which I have to totaly disagree with

the very men and women fighting for America, risking their lives

I don't believe thay are fighting for the America or the American people.

They are fighting for there masters and unfortunately have to follow orders, this has nothing to do with Americas safety and everything to do with large corperations to make more money.
Halliburton, monsanto, exxon ect.........

[edit on 14-3-2009 by munkey66]

Hey munkey I share that feeling regarding that war and anybody here can tell you my constant rattling about the war and the lies and the corruption and the administration that lead it... that being said most of these soldiers went to Iraq with the notion they were fighting for america... and that itself shows true patriotism...

I totally agree.. the "masters" have gained their agenda through invading Iraq... and at the expense of the men and women who thought and still some think they were fighting a real cause for america herslef.... The expense of those soldiers... it is indeed saddening... one would figure with all this "patriotism support the troop" garbage folks were going on about back in 03' by the least the soldiers wouldnt of had to bear the brunt when coming home.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightoftheComet
Hello!?!?!?!?!??! anymore brain damaged libs out there want to bring the troops home now?

let me explain this to you people who are going to undoubtedly not have the slightest clue. I also remind you that this is pure logic, which tends not to be popular amongst the democratic/liberal crowd. And please, I am not trying to polarize this board by my statements.

Calling people that disagree with you; brain damaged and not having the slightest clue isn't trying to polarize the board? Sounds polarizing to me.

Here's a thought....why not ask the troops in the ME if they want to come home. Jobs or not...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by NightoftheComet

let me explain this to you people who are going to undoubtedly not have the slightest clue. I also remind you that this is pure logic, which tends not to be popular amongst the democratic/liberal crowd. And please, I am not trying to polarize this board by my statements.

Calling people that disagree with you; brain damaged and not having the slightest clue isn't trying to polarize the board? Sounds polarizing to me.

Here's a thought....why not ask the troops in the ME if they want to come home. Jobs or not...

Pure LOGIC

Like Osama bin Laden and a bunch of Saudis attack so we Take it to Iraq?

The conservative logic on this one was so logical it must have been secret logic

I think the secret must be jumping off a roof on to your head repeatedly

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yeah it seems like the war machine is running out of oil. the US can no longer go round the world trading its democracy for oil. The country is bankrupt.
To fight wars you need money....
Bring the boys home, they need to kiss their mum one more time....

PEACE,
RK

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Rigel Kent]

top topics

join