It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doubleclick.net

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Today, every time I open a page, doubleclick.net tries to open something before the page will open. It is taking me forever to open a page as a result and I'm on the fastest cable connection available. Normally a page loads almost instantly even with photo's on the thread.

Doubleclick is a bad outfit IMO. I've had lots of negative experiences surrounding that business, including everything from Malware and key loggers to you name it. Ads from doubleclick often contain some bad stuff.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Sounds like it might be time to run AdAware and Spybot scans. I'd also run CCleaner and CleanUp! if you haven't.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Doubleclick is a bad outfit IMO.

In reality, DoubleClick is one of the best overall ad-serving firms... they stay on top of their technology and react quickly to malware complaints from advertisers using their network.

Do you have any more specifics you can send me in a U2U?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
As yeahright says.
Download and run S&D.

You can get it here Search & Destroy

If it doesn't do the job (which I'd be surprised at) get back to me.

P.s.
I'll assume that your using windows... so It's a really good idea to back up the system registry first.

Be very careful.
Click Start
Click Run
type 'Regedit' and enter.
Highlight 'Computer'
Click File (top menu)
Click export.
Make sure its set to 'all' as opposed to 'branch'.
Give it a nice name and save it.
Exit the registry and never go back there again cos its dangerous.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. My machines are clean and checked a couple of times a week. The Doubleclick stuff never successfully opened but it was aggressive and slowed loading of ATS pages down.

If doubleclick has changed that is a good thing. I personally believe it was one of the worst in the past.

Today the problem is gone. It was just happening on that one day. I'd open a page on ATS and then I'd see that doublclick was trying to open on the bottom bar of my browser and the ATS page would not open until it was done. The day I posted this it would take me forever to load a page when they usually come up almost instantly.

Thanks again.

top topics

join