It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascadia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of this proposed union of Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia?

en.wikipedia.org...(independence_movement)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Nope, never heard of it. I heard that BC was talking about becoming independant from the rest of Canada though. And here, in Quebec, we tried independance twice already (referemdums), and we did not get the 51% needed to accomplish this.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Cascadia WAS a mental health clinic in Oregon...

I believe a couple years ago they started enduring major financial issues, and were then bought out by another company.

I wonder if they still give out anti-psychotics like candy....

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Im looking up more information and see if there is any news on it.

I'm loving everything I see, I just hope that this will happen.

It's defiantly nothing new

another site

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

Hi Teklordz, as you may have heard, the result of the 1995 referendum where very curious. There are more anomalies in the way the vote was made than under the pentagon .... I read a book that was very revealing. And there was a report by the election director that prove we would had won if not of the additional votes by people who didn't have the right to.

I always though that Quebec would not be the first province to secede from Canada.

We'll probably won't see that for a bit of time IMHO

Edit : Hard to find links about the referendum in Quebec in english

www.cbc.ca...

www.freerepublic.com...

www.taipeitimes.com...

[edit on 14-3-2009 by grandnic]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
During the 1800s from what I understand the inhabitants of what is today British Columbia, Washington and Oregan wanted to form their own state but eventually the majority split up and decided to join the unions of America and Canada. The idea has since being flung back and forth by the conservative parties of those states and provinces but no real consensus over independence had come about.

The white supreme groups also wanted an independent Cascadia but only making it for whites... so did some of the few rightwing extremists who cited great disagreement with the federal governments and wanting a more free capitalist society... even though Oregan, Washington and British Columbia tend to be more liberal than most other states and provinces.

In plain the idea is outdated and wont work. Both Canada and the US have too much vested interests in that region and even if there was a nations wide succession Cascadia will not benefit and sustain as much due to years of seperate and diversity alone which will bring about more succession calls.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Big countries, from coast to coast are too vast, there's too much different interest. They are bound to serapate into smaller state in the long run IMHO. In the US, i'm sure people from the North east are very different from those of the north west. In Canada it is even worse because in Quebec our language and mentality is very different from those of Ontario, just look at the results from Polls about the war in Afganistan for example.

In the US, I know that Texas has had a independance movement since they where conquered. Less known is the one from Vermont.

Second Vermont Republic (SVR) is a secessionist group within the U.S. state of Vermont which seeks to return to the formerly independent status of the Vermont Republic (1777–91).

www.vermontrepublic.org...

The province of Alberta also has a fledging separatist movmement. They don't have much of a support right now but since this province is so rich, this is going to help gain support

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join