It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal iPhone App

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This may be old news to some but I just came across it and wanted to share.

iPhone and iPod Touch owners can now use their mobile devices to track the paranormal, thanks to A&E Network's first iPhone application, the Paranormal State EMF Reader. Converting these devices into "EMF readers" that pick up fluctuations in electromagnetic fields (EMFs), the application makes every user a paranormal investigator, able to sweep their surrounding areas and search for paranormal entities.

This is a free App. I do not have an iPhone so I cannot post a review of the App. I have posted the entire story and links to other reports at the Worldview blog

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
HAHAHA!
That is pretty cool.

I wish I could afford that gash darn Iphone.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

Lol, we need somoene who has the iPohne to download the app and go find a graveyard and try it out! Post your experince here.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
How does an Iphone scan for "emf"? I would think that, at best, it could only "scan" the frequencies that the phone signal is on, the frequencies that the internet connection is on, and perhaps the frequency of wi-fi signals.

So, wouldn't they be "monitoring" cell phone and wi-fi signals?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tsrk30

Sorry, but it's tripe. Neither the iPhone nor the ipod touch, let alone any technology aside from an actual EMF-meter-device, has the technological capabilities to analyze and/or detect an Electromagnetic Field...

hate to burst your bubble guys,

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thebryman

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The only thing possible would be if the touch screen works by EMF waves coming out from our bodies(fingers in this case). I'll download the app anyway and see what it does. Should be pretty easy to tell if its fake, which it probably is.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well I downloaded it this after noon and it just fitters between the zero and the one,it has spiked twice once to 60 and one to 100.....

That being said I think it's just a trick to get you to watch the show, if your really serious about ghost hunting then go out and buy a real EMF reader.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My Paranormal State app review:

After reading about this exciting application for my iPod touch, I quickly rushed to the iTunes store to get it. I was happy to see that it was a free app. So I downloaded it as quick as possible and loaded it onto my iPod so I could get to some action with my new ability to do a high tech ghost hunt. After an unavoidable 10 second advertisement for Paranormal State(Mondays on A&E), I was ready to find some ghosts! There are 4 menu items, the first being EMF which is the EMF reader of course. The second is the Share item, where you can share the awesomeness of Paranormal State(Mondays on A&E), and this technological masterpiece of an application with your friends. The third is "What is EMF?" where they explain the basics of what an EMF field is. Curiously, they leave out how this app is able to read an EMF, but maybe they just forgot to add it in. The fourth, of course, is the About button with email addresses and whatnot.

So now that my app is loaded and ready to go, I get off my chair and go ghost hunting. I immediately hold the reader up in the room to get the much needed baseline reading. It says my bedroom is at .5mG(milliGauss). OK that seems reasonable although there are about 12 pieces of electronics on in here. So I exit my room and cautiously approach a lamp in the corner of the living room. I hold my handy EMF reader up to the cord connected to the lamp. .5mG it says. Must be strong shielding in the cord. That's good to know. No ghosts here, I decide to take my investigation upstairs. WAIT! Oh my god, it's 50mG on my stairs... a ghost?! Unable to move in the excitement of finding my first ghost, I watch the meter closely. It stays at 50mG. I finally work up the courage to go back down the stairs and the meter goes back down to .5mG. I hope I didn't lose the ghost, so I go back onto the stairs and sadly the ghost has left the area(.5mG again). Hmmm, maybe the ghost has gone upstairs. I go up the stairs and walk into the kitchen, 50mG!!! Wait no, it's going up and down as I move my reader around. Maybe the ghost is playing tricks with me? Sneaky ghost... I decide to turn on the microwave because that is certain to produce a large EMF field. I set it to 30 seconds and...... .5mG. Must be strong shielding on the microwave as well. I check out the upstairs living room and do what the instructions say this time. I move my hand around in slow sweeping motions and holy crap, ghosts are everywhere!! My entire house is filled with ghosts! I can't walk 2 feet without finding another one. This must be the most haunted house in existence. I should definitely call up the Ghost Hunters and get a formal investigation done. I might make history and it's all thanks to my trusty Paranormal State(Mondays on A&E) EMF reader. Thanks A&E, I owe you one!

[Long story short, it just works from the motion sensor as you would expect.]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Could 'Ghosts' really just be Cloaked Invisible ET's in the vicinity ?

I don't believe in Ghosts but i believe in Ufo's and Aliens.

Maybe its the ET's who tamper with our ouiji (spelt right?;/) boards and scare some people into believing in ghosts..

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosko

I have an iPhone and will download this later and try it out in various place I KNOW are haunted. If you have ever watched "Ghost Hunters" which imo is better, they say you can get high EMF readings from other things such as electrical output you may not see. So you may have found a ghost or just heavy flowing electrical areas.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have an iPhone and I will download this later. The house I grew up in haunted as well as the one next to it. I know it is because I have seen it and many others have as well. To this day the house next to where I grew up doesnt stayed rented for very long and it's because of all the paranormal activity in it. If I lived there I would call more than likely TAPS and have them come out. The stuff I have seen in that house and my own when I was little was really freaky.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Another use for this would be to check emf readings inside crop circles.
Should be interesting to see what happens when i go visiting the circles this summer.

new topics

top topics

join