It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's And Robbie Williams - Why So Much Ridicule?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
As i heard another joke today about about Robbie Williams i wondered why he's being attacked so much? I mean i thought the British public were coming along with a little more open mindedness on the subject. Nowadays when you mention UFO's you don't usually get laughed at, people are interested in the topic and i've even had some people listen, research what i've said and start believing that there are some weird things flying around our skies.

So why is it that when Mr.Williams starts talking about them he is ripped down faster than a playboy poster in a catholic school? I mean seriously, is it just the culture of building up and then tearing down people to sell papers or is it something more sinister?

The worst part about it for me is that people who are willing to listen to some random idiot like myself and take it seriously, ridicule Mr.Williams. It's like their is a cut off in their brain on this subject. It's like if it comes from anyone famous then it's stupid.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, Robbie Williams Ha Had To Much Negative Publicity.. Drug Use.. Sexuality Issues Ect.. I Think The British Public Just See This As Another 'Robbie Williams Episode'. That Doesn't Inlude Me However.

-TSR

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There are many people who have lifes like Mr williams but without the fame.Being famous it seems whatever goes on in their life is fair game for the press and so the lesser intelligence sheeple lap it up.

With or without the fame,he is who he is.A human like the rest of us.
Living life with an open mind as all should.Sadly not all do.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Agreed, he's hardly 'credible' now!
Also, he's an entertainment figure, so this could be seen as just another attention grab.
It's a tricky game when the bed you make gets tucked in tight.

Jeepers, there's a fanboi above me who loves you Robbie. Personally, I don't think much of what you do, but then you were caught up in the era of postmodern copy-paste and very derivative.

I think that if you grasp for the limelight, you have to accept what comes....or would you rather I was a sycophantic lapdog?

[edit on 14-3-2009 by aorAki]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Jeepers, there's a fanboi above me who loves you Robbie. Personally, I don't think much of what you do, but then you were caught up in the era of postmodern copy-paste and very derivative.

Fan boy? Hardly. Just a question made. I have little time for any celebrity, but i found it interesting that as soon as UFO's were mentioned the man was completely destroyed. I mean he'd had some bad press before but it is this issue that really seemed to destroy credibility.

More importantly is the idea that when someone anonymous like myself makes comments to friends and family they actually listen and even do research, ask for book ideas etc. As soon as Mr.Williams mentioned the same topic, well then it's ridiculous. I wonder why this is.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
robbie williams is an absolute legend...
full stop.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have alot of respect for Robbie.

...and do you guys know, Robbie is a member of ATS? Yep, thats right, he chats among you guys on here and most of you have become friends of his. What you dont know is, whats his member name

IP

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Fan boy? Hardly. Just a question made. I

Sorry, not you, the post directly above mine.

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984More importantly is the idea that when someone anonymous like myself makes comments to friends and family they actually listen and even do research, ask for book ideas etc. As soon as Mr.Williams mentioned the same topic, well then it's ridiculous. I wonder why this is.

Probably because these figures of entertainment aren't that renowned for their intellectual activities and being an entertainer is hardly credible in the realms of science (for example) and research. He hasn't done himself any favours by his behaviour so it's hardly surprising that people don't take him seriously.

Originally posted by InfoProvider

...and do you guys know, Robbie is a member of ATS? Yep, thats right, he chats among you guys on here and most of you have become friends of his. What you dont know is, whats his member name

IP

Yes, I am well aware of this. It doesn't mean I have to be all sycophantic, drooling off his every word etc. He's no Princess Di (for the record, I didn't think much of her either, other than as a poor victim with not very many smarts).

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Can we please not turn this into a fan boy thread. I was asking a serious question about the media and the UFO topic as a whole. I used Mr.Williams as an example of the way the media tears down anyone who remotely touches this subject that also gets an audience.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Probably because these figures of entertainment aren't that renowned for their intellectual activities and being an entertainer is hardly credible in the realms of science (for example) and research. He hasn't done himself any favours by his behaviour so it's hardly surprising that people don't take him seriously.

It should not matter if truth comes from the mouth of a noble scientist or a court jester. Truth is truth, evidence is evidence and anyone that can turn people onto the real facts of the subject has my respect.

Again what i don't find quite right in my mind is the people i know who were willing to believe me but ridiculed Mr.Williams. As you said maybe he isn't credible because of his past and maybe i am because they know me. However when both sources provide the same information it should be looked at equally. Hey i looked at a lot of the stuff posted by David Icke and i don't see him as credible but some of it checked out nicely.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoProvider

IP

Yes, I am well aware of this. It doesn't mean I have to be all sycophantic, drooling off his every word etc. He's no Princess Di (for the record, I didn't think much of her either, other than as a poor victim with not very many smarts).

I hope you dont think i was directing my post to you?

I was merely adding interest to the thread

IP

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

A fanboi?
Wether I like his music or not isnt relevent.
Yes I know his music but my life is filled with bringing my sons previously and now bringing my young daughter up on my own.
So apart from twinkle twinkle and if your happy and you know it,music hasnt been a big factor in my life for along while.

Judging someone wether by fame or personal circumstances of any type is something that should have been left back when at school.
Either you are still of a young age or havent had something in your life for you to get the picture of what its about.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Oh no, not at all!
The OP raises an interesting point, and I do agree that 'truth' can come from all types of people.
I guess we have been 'trained' to be accepting of the authoratative figure (and generally this makes sense as they have publications, peer-review, research hours etc behind them)....and conversely we have been 'trained' to take the word of the celebrity as generally fickle, self-serving (no news is bad news) and limelight hogging.

With the original example, Mr williams is hardly a bastion of good behaviour, stability or 'high-thought' so it makes sense to me that this is ridiculed, especially when there is no hard evidence to back up the claims (if so, where is it, it should be all over the World press).

It is incredibly difficult to judge when a celebrity is being sincere, honest and truthful as we have been conditioned (see, I didn't say 'trained 3 times!) to accept them as entertainers first and foremost. For example, Joachim Phoenix on Letterman.

These are thoughts I've just cobbled together quickly. I thought you might let me entertain you.

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic

Either you are still of a young age or havent had something in your life for you to get the picture of what its about.

If I had a 'joker' picture handy I would ask: Why so serious!
You obviously have the answers to life all mapped out.Nice one. Care to share?
Condescencion does not become you, at all!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Mr Williams is member here on ATS and such he will be treated as any member of ATS. ATS does not allow threads or posts about fellow members.

You are how ever very welcome to start an new thread on this topic, but please do not single out fellow members as an example.

I am closing this thread
Sauron Forum Moderator

new topics

top topics

join