It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had my first unexplained sighting today ! 440 Incident.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Hello!

I am surprised to see that such small incidents can be traced back!
I live in Heraklion and believe me i remember the blimp. It was parked, well tied down on the eastern end of the airport for some time but that was ages ago!

No it definitely was no blimp! We do not get any of those around and trust me i have never seen a weather baloon in Greece. I do not remember seing one in the UK either. However i will ask a couple of friend of mine that work on the airport as well as a couple of pilots i know if there are weather baloons in use at all.

In my opinion it was definitely not a baloon either, but i will leave a slim oppotunity of it being one if people want to think so.
I would find it very hard to convince myself it was a weather ballon since it was quite windy and would have marched a distance during the sighting.
Also it looked like being self lit. The chance of it being too high late in the evening still facing the suns rays while the sun was down relative to me is outruled. The sun was still way high. However i have noticed birds flying high to be illuminated by the sun making a contrast to the rest of the sky.
-nothing to do with it.....

reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I am an occasional stargazer looking around for what many others have seen. I cannot make any conclusion on my sighting neither do i think its something special in promoting the UFO reality and what this actually is. What i conclude is that there are things that we only recently have started to study. We live our lives in a fast pace and many do not notice. Ancients seem to have knowledge of matter.
Recently humanity has gone over a vast technological step of advancement (That is roughly the later 100 years) disproportionate to our spiritual and cultural advancement. That is quite unfortunate but people now have the means and the time to look into the UFO matter as it has resurfaced after ages.

So coming back to track, my answer to your question is that at the time i was not thinking of UFOs, neither i expected to see one. At least i was not concerned at the moment conciously. It just fell in my peripheral field of view and i caught up with it. It was distinct but not really a big feature i could speculate details over.

This is the first time ever i can say i have some evidence for myself, and thats what it is.
I conclude that my speculation that there is fire or at least some flames behind the smoke is valid. At least until some fellow member debunks this.

I also fear that i will soon have to change the signature below my posts...

[edit on 14/3/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Yep. When I found that the blimp had left your area a while back and considering the lack of major sporting events in your area, I figured what you saw was not a blimp

Hope you can figure out what it was or wasn't

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
HI George,

For the last 10 days or so i developed the habit of carrying my SONY Cybeshot DSC-W90 around at all times and take pictures whenever motivated.

So would you say, you were sub consciously expecting something to happen?

Maybe you were where you were supposed to be at the right moment.

[edit on 093131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No not really, nothing subconcious about it.
I just thought that a great number of people see stuff all around the world every day. So it must be something that oftenly occurs and not rare at all.
My resolution was to just give it a better chance. I have made a few interesting off topic photos along the way too. I may post a couple in another thread.

Maybe you were where you were supposed to be at the right moment.

Judging from the height and the distance of the object i think that plenty of people were at the right place in the right time. However not many had an open eye or mind at the time. Certainly did not have a camera along the way, while many might have seen it but did not pay any attention at all.
You know when you do not look for things out of the ordinary sometimes you are not able to discern them...

Be well !

[edit on 15/3/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
IS this is what i saw? What are they if it is the same thing??

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You know George, things happen when we least expect it, I had a telepathic communication of sorts when I was told to go outside, "we are here."

And they were there,

and there was no fear,

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's hard to know for sure, but they look like balloons from one of those occasions when they let go of several dozens at a time (I don't know how to say it in English).

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
IS this is what i saw? What are they if it is the same thing??

What I saw was similar only it was evening, and they darted about rapidly like the were dancing with one another, they were extremely high up in the sky, burnt orange in color, and poof they disappeared,

When I first went outside that night I looked immediately in their direction, there was no searching.

Maybe I would have been skeptical, but the thing that sets this experience apart is, I had communication with something.

And the oddest sense of calm.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
And the oddest sense of calm.

Well i did not feel like being contacted or something, however it felt quite unsurprising at the time, like if quite a natural observation. Excitement is rising gradualy for finally having a sign for my self that something IS actually going on, while at first i had some reservation for it being something else not believing my eyes. Quite weird to describe actually...

[edit on 15/3/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
After some preparations (cleaning the monitor and my glasses
), I started working on these photos to see what I could do.

First, by superimposing the three photos in which I could see the object, it can be seen that it moved a little to the left from photo to photo.
(I tried to align the photos the best I could)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73e95d50e0b8.png[/atsimg]

And this is resized to 300%, to make it more visible.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46315b932d48.png[/atsimg]

The difference in time is three seconds between the first and the second photos and two seconds between the second and the third.

Being so small, it's hard to tell anything about it, but I think that it looks round(ish) and that there is no reflection of the Sun, there is no shine anywhere on the object.

I tried some other programs to see if I could get a better image, but I couldn't.

Sorry, this is the best I can do with these images.

Have you tried to find other sightings from other people? Maybe someone else saw and photographed it.

PS: I remembered to say one more thing: from my tests I have noticed that our vision is equivalent to a 10x zoom, so photos with less than that will always be smaller than what the witnesses could see.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ok, been playing around taking measure on it's location on the first picture and compared it to the last.

Yes, the UFO is still in the last picture. But you have to tweek the image a bit to be able to see it.

So first I look at the first image where you can see it without tweeking.
I measured it's position related to two chimneys in the background. By doin so, I get a distance and an angle in relation to the two chimneys.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/24225d07540be8a9.jpg[/atsimg]

And for those who wonder what I am measuring:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e411cc460a078345.gif[/atsimg]

Now, let's move on. We all can see that there is something in the first image. However, it is impossible to tell what exactly we are looking at here.
Can be a bird, can be a balloon, can be venus....a star....or....or.... BURNING OIL FIELD!!!

Could be anything really.

However, I doubt it is an stationary object such as Venus.
This object moves but it's motion is extremely slow. I assume GREEK took these picture right after another.
BUT, there could also be another reason why it looks like it has moved when comparing these pics.
The last 3 pics are zoomed out while the first 3 seems to be a little zoomed in. Which can distort the measurements I've done. But the angle should stay the same though.

Anyway,

This object look like it had vanished though at the first glance at the last pictures. But after tweeking the levels on the pics along with brightness and contrast I found it again.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/cfa2683bab8ca189.gif[/atsimg]

After I've located it I made another measure of them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/47397bcba7dfa5e2.gif[/atsimg]

Again, the distance can be distorted, but the angle should not be affected. And on this last Gif the angle doesn't land on the same spot as on the first image. And this suggests to me that it has moved.

To try to figure out what this is is quite impossible since the quality of the image doesn't allow us to zoom in to far into the picture without it getting pixelated.

I hope this gives you anything at all GREEK.

/Akezzon

COWABUNGA!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Great work, Akezzon!

These are the timestamps of the photos.

DSC00440.jpg - 2009:03:14 16:56:28
DSC00441.jpg - 2009:03:14 16:56:31
DSC00442.jpg - 2009:03:14 16:56:33
DSC00443.jpg - 2009:03:14 16:56:37
DSC00444.jpg - 2009:03:14 16:56:39
DSC00445.jpg - 2009:03:14 16:56:53

Not much time between shots.

And the last photo has the same zoom as the first three, it's just a little rotated.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Ahh, nice. Thanks for adding this.

Well ok, whatever it was, it was moving kinda slow, but it seems to be pretty far away.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Thank you i just do not have the means or experience to go as deep as you have been. Unfortunatelly my Cybeshot only supports a 3x zoom. I think i have described the situation in the opening post. I was kinda in a hurry to head of with my friend and also feared being ridiculed. When snaping the pics i did not have much time and i also had to go into digital zoom (6x alltogether) since i could not see the object in the preview shown after each take.

I will repeat that the first or two photos where taken with the camera switched to the setting where there is a figure with a moon on top of it. This was accidental and i think explains the noise in the photos. As soon as i noticed i went back to auto and full zoom...

I only wish i had a 10x optical zoom.

Hopefully i will be able at some point to get such or better equipment to carry around.

When i manage i will also try to take the photos to some local expert and see if he can do something more out of them allthough i guess that fellow members are soon to take this as far as it can be taken.

In the mean time i have to give plenty of creddit to Akezzon as well as a big
THANK YOU!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I see Photobucket resized your picture to 1024x728. Original size is 3264x2448. That's 10 times more pixels than what you posted. Could you upload your files to MUFON or one of the many file hosting site (rapidshare, etc) ? I'd like to try filters to see if there is something unusual around the object, as has been sometimes reported. And maybe the shape of the object would be better seen in full resolution. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
PS: I remembered to say one more thing: from my tests I have noticed that our vision is equivalent to a 10x zoom, so photos with less than that will always be smaller than what the witnesses could see.

It depends of the camera, less than that with the resolution we get nowadays even on cheap point and shoot cameras. 3x to 5x is already equivalent to the eye's resolution, 15 seconds.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I tried to upload on mufon but it looks like there is a membership involved.
In any case i am currently uploading on rapidshare. Shouldn't be long.
I will give you the ling in the next post shortly.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Anyone can access the original photos on this direct link.

I used rapidshare just to make sure files keep intact while making your life easy.

They are the originals exact copies of the files on the cameras MemoryStick, in full resolution.

Sorry it took me a bit more but i had to head off since some guys broke into my womans car... The crisis is comming up. Take your measures. Things are going to be ugly for quite some time ... and getting worse.

[edit on 17/3/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Don't think there is to much more information in that pic we can get.

The distant are quite far, so there is no chance to see any kind of shape.
It just looks round to me.

And I played around with the filters quite alot and never saw anything strange except the "object" itself.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just like Akezzon I haven't found anything new.

As digital zoom x2 was used on all pictures except two, the object is still blurry in full resolution pictures. No shape is clearly visible, but it does look rounded, white, with a shadow on the bottom-right side. The maximum focal length was set for maximum zoom on all frames.

Stabilized frames, not reduced (two of them magnified x2 to match the others), cropped to 1024x768, saved with lossless compression (PNG):
img12.imageshack.us...
img10.imageshack.us...
img10.imageshack.us...
img223.imageshack.us...
img118.imageshack.us...

The object is moving slowly to the left and down. I don't see it in the last frame. Nothing more is visible when applying contrast filters. Sorry George, that's the best I can do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join