It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I weep for the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I weep for the future

www.boston.com

Nearly half of the 200 Boston teenagers interviewed for an informal poll said pop star Rihanna was responsible for the beating she allegedly took at the hands of her boyfriend, fellow music star Chris Brown, in February.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am shocked.
Perhaps things are just different in Boston?
Self defense aside there is never a reason to hit a woman. NEVER
I can't believe these kids think it is ok.
I am saddened by the lack of values these children have. I guess there really is no one around to pass core values on to the future of my country.

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Certainly a sad state of affairs when our younger generation is okay with physical abuse...

Just terrible...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shooterbrody

Self defense aside there is never a reason to hit a woman. NEVER

It's called EQUALITY.

Or do you think "the fairer sex" can only imply a passive nature regardless of the provocations, actions or reactions?

Any person big enough to hit another person is big enough to be hit back.

What's is or isn't between ones legs is NEVER an excuse, just like social standing, colour, religion etc etc.

It's called responsibility and accountability.

BTW....I imagine the 200 kids questioned in the poll was not a realistic general opinion. How old are Chris Brown and Rihanna compared to the kids asked and what kind of background do the kids come from?

And this isn't just about a slap from an arguement is it? there were many factors to consider that led to it...and it takes TWO to tango.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Violence is never tolerable. It doesn't matter who started it the other should have had the sense to walk away.

Love doesn't hurt. If a person is so angry they feel that they will become violent it is imperative that they separate from the other person immediately and calm down before talking to that person again.

It doesn't matter what sex you are, violence is not right under any circumstance.

To be clear, defending yourself is not akin to violence. Beating someone till they are bloody black and blue is violent however.

What is wrong in this country is that people are in a terrible cycle that they are raised in violent households, have a violent upbringing, have to face violence on the streets and on the television and then are expected to react differently?

The cycle needs to stop. People need to be taught at a young age to use their words over their fists in order to resolve conflicts.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Unwanted violence is never the awnser. if she was trying to kill him then I would see why he could have hit her, but if it was an argument, that is no reason to hit a woman, a child, or anyone else.

Violence should always be the last resort if your life, or liberties, or that of your family or innocents is at stake.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
They probably asked kids who come from violent families themselves.

This is a poor exsmple of how regular Bostonians think.

top topics

join