It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a Global government the only solution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Of course it is not the only solution. The question is if it is best solution. I think not - for simple reason that it will beurocracy paradise. Nothing more. And as for no more wars - i am not sure that members in EU would not quarrel with each other, even to the extent of war. Are you? At least untill all the differences between the members are gone it is not 100 percent conflict -proof. But how they can get rid of all the differences if those differences make people what they are, are they history, religion and such.
How can ex-North Korean citizen live under the same rules with ex-US one ,for example, without both undergoing huge changes to their lifestyle, political/social approach and simply economical level?
How can massive migrations to ex-rich ex-countries be prevented? How can ex-rich ex-countries keep their economies?
This might sound trivial ,minor and eventually overcome - but it is not.
Person from US would not like to loose and person from North Korea would be no longer willing to live as he does now.
So even if there are benefits this system could bring - the cons are just of the same magnistude. And EU experiment is too young to show any real result.
People who (presumably) want to get this system working would not be able to do it without serious crysis/war.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

Beaurocracy maybe, but that would be sorted with time,
But a global council would prevent wars between countries no??
North Korea citizens V USA citizens ??? They can still maintain their identity, I don't get it recentl;y I have worked in Viet Nam and they love USA ppl ?? time is a great healer where the dollar is concerned.
The EU experiment is going along just fine, the only problem that turns race against race in an integrated society is unemployment as far as i can see.
I suggest that world integration is well underway.... 12 million mexicans in the USA and all the Eastern Europeans into UK, Germany, France etc. At the end of the day we all get on with our lives.
PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think it's better for humans to unite spiritually than politically.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT PEOPLE FROM NORTH KOREA CAN NOT GET ON WITH PEOPLE FROM THE USA? sorry shouting.....

I reaqlly think that this is government BS... the problem here is that the state heads dont sit around a table and talk. If there was a world council it would be structured in a way that the founding fathers envisaged where everybody had their say and must obey the majority, i think on a global scale this would work because then all the western countries would compromise with the arabs.

maybe i am naive, but im sure it will happen,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I think it's better for humans to unite spiritually than pol
itically.

Donnie,
I agree and I wish that were the case, unfortunately I do not know how that will ever happen. Do you have a suggestion?
PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubergrasshopper

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
I understand that at any given time, one third of the worlds population is in a state of war......

representatives sitting on any world council need to become more spiritual.

How can we as a species, allow so much war, starvation and poverty?
is a global government the answer?

It's a sad state of affairs to be sure. Do keep in mind that at any given time, the US is directly or indirectly involved in a large percentage of the global conflicts. Also, it seems like most of our governments are run by greedy bastards, control-freaks and corporations. Seriously bad news.

We will need to go to world government one day. But it will not be viable for many, many centuries. For one reason, we simply lack the growth and maturity. Two, we presently lack additional worlds for those that don't want to be *assimilated*.

We simlpy dont have centuries of time left

PEACE
RK

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Global government is not the solution and will never work even if the majority fot he world supported it. The notion that one world government can look over 6.7 billion people who speak from over a million difference ethnicities and over 100,000 languages, over 1000 religious beliefs and a mass of ideological beliefs the idea is just plain stupid. Folks here are scare of the one world government because in uncertain times people are easily given into fear mongering and are beyond rational. Heck I wouldnt even count on the North american Union. It wont work. The African Union is already in the process of collapse. The EU is the only workable Union but that is only due to the geographic situation it sits with.

There will be no global government, it is illogical for something like that to work no matter what support.

Sorry there are approx 6,800 languages spoken worldwide
www.yourdictionary.com...
and the world council is coming... we all need to get along ...
PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Skepticism_Reality
I Think That The Idea Of A Global Government Is A Good One.. But In Reality Each Country May Feel A Lack Of Freedom And A Certain Sense Of Identity. Aswell As This, The Global Gorvernment Would No Doubt Desintigrate After Some Amount Of Time, Thus Rebuilding And Possibly Even Strengthening The Feuds Between The Individual Countries As We Know Them Now.

An Alternate Theory Is Everyone In The World Agree With Me Or I Beat You With A Stick.. Oh Wait.. That Seems To Be The Policy Now :/

-TSR

I would like to believe that a global government would grant freedom to all earths citizens and everyone could have an identity from planet earth.
never mind european, american, asian..... we are seeing this already with albeit the slow migration of nationalities. Why would the global government disintegrate after a certain amount of time?
I dont know....
where there is a will there is a way...

PEACE,
RK

Pride Would Get In The Way Of The Ethnicities.. For Example, Lets Say For Arguments Sake Race X Wants To Wear A Certain Item Of Clothing (Maybe A Burka Or Something) But Race Y Wont Allow It Because It Infringes With A Certain Type Of Comfort And Social Expectations People Have (Eg Seeing Someones Face).. All It Takes Is A Member From Group X & Y To Have An Argument.. Then Sides Build Up.. Then The Government Breaks Down.

But I'm Probably Wrong

-TSR

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Global government is not the solution and will never work even if the majority fot he world supported it. The notion that one world government can look over 6.7 billion people who speak from over a million difference ethnicities and over 100,000 languages, over 1000 religious beliefs and a mass of ideological beliefs the idea is just plain stupid. Folks here are scare of the one world government because in uncertain times people are easily given into fear mongering and are beyond rational. Heck I wouldnt even count on the North american Union. It wont work. The African Union is already in the process of collapse. The EU is the only workable Union but that is only due to the geographic situation it sits with.

There will be no global government, it is illogical for something like that to work no matter what support.

Sorry there are approx 6,800 languages spoken worldwide
www.yourdictionary.com...
and the world council is coming... we all need to get along ...
PEACE,
RK

Can't we do that without a "World Nation" though?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT PEOPLE FROM NORTH KOREA CAN NOT GET ON WITH PEOPLE FROM THE USA? sorry shouting.....

North Korea citizens V USA citizens ??? They can still maintain their identity, I don't get it recentl;y I have worked in Viet Nam and they love USA ppl ?? time is a great healer where the dollar is concerned.

I w\just want to clarify - i never said that both cannot get along one with another. Nor i claimed that it is X vs Y.
All i said is that

How can ex-North Korean citizen live under the same rules with ex-US one ,for example, without both undergoing huge changes to their lifestyle, political/social approach and simply economical level?
Person from US would not like to loose and person from North Korea would be no longer willing to live as he does now.

And all i meant is that average person from "first world" with at least one car per family,washing machine,refrigerator,tv and gazillion of other commodities who can eat kgs of meat every week would not like to loose it all ,and average person from "third world'country who is much less fortunate would no longer accept his 'fate'and starve for bowl of rice a day. So things will have to level out to average. And there are a lot more people living in "third world".
Do you think that this reshuffling of resources would go without a war?
And N.Korea is also example of a regime were person is living for the system and can rarely make his own choice. US is an example of system for person were person has to make choices on his own.
How can both live in the same system all of the sudden?
Integration might sound good only if it is willing one. What is someone is not willing? Would this global system allow itself to crumble for few unwilling cultures or would it forcefully digest them?
I might be wrong but i imagine huge bureaucratic machine going from one evil to other for the illusive cause of global paradise and survival of human species and achieving hell on Earth with tons of violent local conflicts until it breaks down into new feudal-like zones.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Our envision of a One World is not what is happening now..
The reins are hooked up to the wrong team of horses......
How many politicians and/or world leaders do you know who practice jurisprudence????
NONE...
Our humanitarian rights are being overlooked and trampled on for the sake of money...in any currency.

I want a non-borders world!!
Non-competitive, all encompassing and self sustaining!!

We are free thinkers here and should not be beating each other up over our idealistic
and lofty pursuits!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join