It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is a Global government the only solution?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I understand that at any given time, one third of the worlds population is in a state of war.
If mankind is to survive for another millennium and beyond, I think global policies must be adopted as the way forward and the representatives sitting on any world council need to become more spiritual. There is such a gap between the developed and undeveloped parts of the world which is only widening. How can we as a species, allow so much war, starvation and poverty?
is a global government the answer?
PEACE,
RK




posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A global government is a solution alright.... a nice one world tyranny.

No thank you.

Any Government without the full rights described in the Constitution of the United States (Including the 2nd Amendment) & unalienable rights laid forward by the founders is destined to become a social dictatorship (totalitarian government run by "the party" or the "one".


[edit on 14-3-2009 by infolurker]



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If said government was elected by us and run by angles, heck ya.

Unfortunately history shows us that the opposite will be true in any centralized control sceme. The wars that you refer to are largely caused and perpetuated by the very people you suggest we should give even more control to.

So, um, no.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I Think That The Idea Of A Global Government Is A Good One.. But In Reality Each Country May Feel A Lack Of Freedom And A Certain Sense Of Identity. Aswell As This, The Global Gorvernment Would No Doubt Desintigrate After Some Amount Of Time, Thus Rebuilding And Possibly Even Strengthening The Feuds Between The Individual Countries As We Know Them Now.

An Alternate Theory Is Everyone In The World Agree With Me Or I Beat You With A Stick.. Oh Wait.. That Seems To Be The Policy Now :/

-TSR



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Did you just crawl out from under a rock?

We have the United Nations remember that joke of an organization that has it's .quarters in New York City on land donated by the globalist family Rockefeller.

We all know how well that "global government" experiment is going along.

Ask the people that live on Taiwan(Formosa),how well they are represented in our global government.

You mean a NEW WORLD ORDER.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I honestly think it would be the waty forward

A quick look at todays manchester evening news...

someone has wrote in arguing for children to be taken away from their biological parents if they smoke...

even if its 3rd hand (some new anti smoking movement that argues if you go outside to smoke, it's still unacceptable)

idiots like these are allowed to vote

theres no NWO as described on here, there are idiots allowed the vote and the political parties must meet the demands of them to be voted in, like i have said on ATS already, we are our own worst enemy

if people like this are allowed a say in politics, we'd be better off in a dictatorship

it's the PEOPLE who are against our rights, NOT the government...



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Of course it is not the only solution. The question is if it is best solution. I think not - for simple reason that it will beurocracy paradise. Nothing more. And as for no more wars - i am not sure that members in EU would not quarrel with each other, even to the extent of war. Are you? At least untill all the differences between the members are gone it is not 100 percent conflict -proof. But how they can get rid of all the differences if those differences make people what they are, are they history, religion and such.
How can ex-North Korean citizen live under the same rules with ex-US one ,for example, without both undergoing huge changes to their lifestyle, political/social approach and simply economical level?
How can massive migrations to ex-rich ex-countries be prevented? How can ex-rich ex-countries keep their economies?
This might sound trivial ,minor and eventually overcome - but it is not.
Person from US would not like to loose and person from North Korea would be no longer willing to live as he does now.
So even if there are benefits this system could bring - the cons are just of the same magnistude. And EU experiment is too young to show any real result.
People who (presumably) want to get this system working would not be able to do it without serious crysis/war.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum
 


Perhaps you cannot think or make decisions for yourself and require ruthless dictator who's boots you can lick, but don't bring the rest of us free humans into your nightmare with you.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
3RD HAND SMOKING WTF???

HITLER HIMSELF wasn't THAT much of a nazi...

there were even "victory cigarettes" in 1984



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
I understand that at any given time, one third of the worlds population is in a state of war......

representatives sitting on any world council need to become more spiritual.

How can we as a species, allow so much war, starvation and poverty?
is a global government the answer?





It's a sad state of affairs to be sure. Do keep in mind that at any given time, the US is directly or indirectly involved in a large percentage of the global conflicts. Also, it seems like most of our governments are run by greedy bastards, control-freaks and corporations. Seriously bad news.

We will need to go to world government one day. But it will not be viable for many, many centuries. For one reason, we simply lack the growth and maturity. Two, we presently lack additional worlds for those that don't want to be *assimilated*.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Global government is not the solution and will never work even if the majority fot he world supported it. The notion that one world government can look over 6.7 billion people who speak from over a million difference ethnicities and over 100,000 languages, over 1000 religious beliefs and a mass of ideological beliefs the idea is just plain stupid. Folks here are scare of the one world government because in uncertain times people are easily given into fear mongering and are beyond rational. Heck I wouldnt even count on the North american Union. It wont work. The African Union is already in the process of collapse. The EU is the only workable Union but that is only due to the geographic situation it sits with.

There will be no global government, it is illogical for something like that to work no matter what support.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
A global government is a solution alright.... a nice one world tyranny.

No thank you.

Any Government without the full rights described in the Constitution of the United States (Including the 2nd Amendment) & unalienable rights laid forward by the founders is destined to become a social dictatorship (totalitarian government run by "the party" or the "one".


[edit on 14-3-2009 by infolurker]


Yes but the "party" or "one" could feasibly eradicate war and lead us on a more spiritual path as a species? Which is more important to you?
PEACE,
RK



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf
If said government was elected by us and run by angles, heck ya.

Unfortunately history shows us that the opposite will be true in any centralized control sceme. The wars that you refer to are largely caused and perpetuated by the very people you suggest we should give even more control to.

So, um, no.


"centralized control scheme?" can you give me any examples of a legally elected scheme in history?

The wars I refer to have been largely caused by USA & its lapdog European followers. Can you give me some examples of other countries presently at war?

PEACE,
RK.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Skepticism_Reality
I Think That The Idea Of A Global Government Is A Good One.. But In Reality Each Country May Feel A Lack Of Freedom And A Certain Sense Of Identity. Aswell As This, The Global Gorvernment Would No Doubt Desintigrate After Some Amount Of Time, Thus Rebuilding And Possibly Even Strengthening The Feuds Between The Individual Countries As We Know Them Now.

An Alternate Theory Is Everyone In The World Agree With Me Or I Beat You With A Stick.. Oh Wait.. That Seems To Be The Policy Now :/

-TSR


I would like to believe that a global government would grant freedom to all earths citizens and everyone could have an identity from planet earth.
never mind european, american, asian..... we are seeing this already with albeit the slow migration of nationalities. Why would the global government disintegrate after a certain amount of time?
I dont know....
where there is a will there is a way...

PEACE,
RK



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
i actually think that in the future (maybe by the middle of this century), people will define themselves less by their nationality and more by their humanity, but I do not think a world government will do this. Actually, I think political divisions will increase, and people will live in smaller states.

A world government would solve nothing. Ever heard of civil war? It would happen. The movie Hero has the wrong message. There can be no war to end all wars, except the war against war.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think a One World government is necessary for the public admission of interplanetary travel and exploration. When the time comes that a vehicle to travel the stars is within the grasp of the common man to attain we can't have every single group going out into space spreading the word of the flying spaghetti monster or forcing other beings to follow a certain belief system. At least here on Earth the only beings to be persecuted and subjected to others beliefs are other humans.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
Did you just crawl out from under a rock?

We have the United Nations remember that joke of an organization that has it's .quarters in New York City on land donated by the globalist family Rockefeller.

We all know how well that "global government" experiment is going along.

Ask the people that live on Taiwan(Formosa),how well they are represented in our global government.

You mean a NEW WORLD ORDER.


FUNNY..... No I have not crawled out from uinder a rock and I wont take that as an insult


United Nations? Is that the impudent organisation that the USA still owes 1 Billion dollars to in unpaid revenue
?

"We all know how well that "global government" experiment is going along."
actually i do not ... please can you give me links that may enlighten me?

NO I do not mean the NEW WORLD ORDER as far as I understand it that organisation is essentially US and not globally based.... I mean globally....
PEACE,
RK



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent
 


the one world government theory is highly debatable.
on one hand you get all the, oh the NWO will destroy or enslave us all and
on the other you get the one world one people story.
if the human race is ever going to get to the stars we will need to unite. put aside all differences and work together to progress through this dimesion and into the next.

if we attempt to unite and countries aren't prepared to ccontribute or conform. we will end up with a bad arse one world government. where we are all imprisoned in our own homes and all that other stuff your all so afraid of.

but yeah one world one government, 20,000,000 politicians and 150,000,000,000 suckers to follow.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum
I honestly think it would be the waty forward

A quick look at todays manchester evening news...

someone has wrote in arguing for children to be taken away from their biological parents if they smoke...

even if its 3rd hand (some new anti smoking movement that argues if you go outside to smoke, it's still unacceptable)

idiots like these are allowed to vote

theres no NWO as described on here, there are idiots allowed the vote and the political parties must meet the demands of them to be voted in, like i have said on ATS already, we are our own worst enemy

if people like this are allowed a say in politics, we'd be better off in a dictatorship

it's the PEOPLE who are against our rights, NOT the government...


There are a lot of questionable people in the UK government, luckily I was in a position to leave 7 yrs ago when i "saw the writing on the wall" I now live in a 90% muslim country, I have never been stopped by the police on "sus" and I have many good friends. I believe that the human species are our own worst enemy and that is why I think we would be better represented on a global scale with one or two representatives from our own nations.

I know that this view is not popular but my belief is that it will happen in the next 50yrs MAX.
PEACE,
RK



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you guys but it looks like we're on the road to a global government anyway.

Look at the events that are happening right now and it will become apparent that it will happen soon.

As the world governments meet and try to find solution to the crisis, It won't be long before they decide that a global government is the solution.

Peace



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join