It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Arrest Priest For Filming Them!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Just like I said to griff, but he wasnt smart enough to figure it out....if you had/have a daughter PsykoOps and she was just the victim of a sex crime, and her life was now falling apart are you or would you be, as her father or just a NORMAL person in general, ok with some random guy getting her face and life on camera for MAYBE the whole world to see?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And yes griff my department and most that I know of get a drug test done twice a year manditory and there are random screening every month. So bottom line, if your taking anything you WILL get caught.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Bottom line is this...if you have a child, YOUR FLESH AND BLOOD and he/she was just raped, victimized, etc...and you saw some guy standing there with a camera taking photos of him/her, or filming him/her and you as a father or mother would be ok with it then fine, but imagine for a moment, I am standing there in my uniform and you see some guy filming your crying child who's life has just been turned upside down and maybe destoryed, and you get pissed off and ask me to have him stop and I reply "sorry sir he has every right to film your kid, he can do whatever he wants actually, I don't care about your personal feeling, or your daughters misfortune, she just has to deal with it" how would you feel?

Since you stated that the parents were the ones pimping her out, I can only imagine what they would feel.

Or if you as a father/mother attacked the camera guy and I had to now arrest YOU for assualting this free citizen doing NOTHING wrong?

Exactly. The cameraman did NOTHING wrong. The parent would be in the wrong for assault and battery.

If you as a parent would be totally fine with your child being filmed, then seeing her on youtube, or the internet, then having to spend ALOT of money to sue the person who posted, if you EVER even find out who it was, etc...then by all means, good luck.

For some reason, you keep mixing the two scenarios.

First, you yourself said the parents were the ones pimping her out.

Now, you want me to feel sorry for the pimping parents because their frail daughter is being filmed? Please.

Its easy to sit and say what SHOULD be allowed, what you WOULD do, but when your seeing a child cry and KNOW what he/she has gone through, you might understand a little more as to why there IS times when things have to be done.

I can totally understand your emotions but you taking someones camera is against the law. Filming someone in a public place is not.

Maybe you should have spoken to the guy instead of bullheaded took his camera? Hmm...how about that. Use your brain instead of your brawn.

Had that been me, you would have been talking to my lawyer and/or in jail for STEALING. Which is exactly what you did. Whether the guy was an asshole or not. The law is not there for YOU to judge and pick and choose whether which one YOU will take offense of. Period.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I will do it OVER and OVER...I would rather be sued, fired, hated by 50 retarded adults, then allow an innocent 11 year old victim to be raked over the coals even more then she already was. Her future and her safety are more important to me then somones right to get her on camera so they can expose her for their own gain. Sorry but there is NO reason anyone with even poop for brains should want to film a child who was a victim of certain crimes.

Maybe the guy was filming to protect her from YOU.

Ever think of that?

So bring on the bashing, the hate, the rude remarks, all of it...I will gladly take it knowing I may have saved a child from any further unnecasaery embarrassment.

Also remember that you have also taken away HER chance to have justice done after YOU touched her in an inappropriate way. Not that you did, but you may have. And now there would be no evidence of it since YOU destroyed the tape.

See where I'm going with this.....now it's your word against his/hers.

What happens now when these darling parents (you know...the ones who were pimping out their own daughter) now want to sue YOU for inappropriately touching their daughter? Wouldn't that film have been good for you?

"if you have nothing to hide" etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
For some reason, you keep mixing the two scenarios.

First, you yourself said the parents were the ones pimping her out.

Now, you want me to feel sorry for the pimping parents because their frail daughter is being filmed? Please.

I am not mixing the two. My incident is where the little girl had NOONE but me to help her, so I decided to stop it. In a way I WAS her father figure, making sure she WASN'T victimized anymore. My scenerio to you was along the same lines except I put you in MY shoes as the father. God you people really need to read and stop letting bias take over...

I can totally understand your emotions but you taking someones camera is against the law. Filming someone in a public place is not.

Obviously you so not...if you think a childs life, emotions, and future are less then some retards right to film her...moral values really need to be brought back and maybe this country could start repairing itself.

Maybe you should have spoken to the guy instead of bullheaded took his camera? Hmm...how about that. Use your brain instead of your brawn.

As stated in my other post, I DID ask him to stop because she was a child but OH NO, I HAVE THE RIGHT BLAH BLAH BLAH speech came out, which told me this clown has ZERO morals, ZERO respect. Finally when all was said and done and he stopped the I HAVE RIGHTS crap and understood the ENTIRE situation, he understood why I did what I did. But people don't wanna take a second to listen to us, they would rather just go for it and then when they FINALLY listen realize their actions were foolish

Had that been me, you would have been talking to my lawyer and/or in jail for STEALING. Which is exactly what you did. Whether the guy was an asshole or not. The law is not there for YOU to judge and pick and choose whether which one YOU will take offense of. Period.

And as I said, I would of gladly talked to your laywer, taken a lawsuit, lost my job for an innocent child. You my friend have proven your one of the many reasons why America has failed. You would rather sue and jail me then have the forthought of NOT filming a kid....make me sick..

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Your argument makes no sence. There were about 500 people standing around watching, this idiot could of WATCHED how we handled the child. You just don't get it, i guess when you never see these types of things other then on TV, you will really never understand the way it truly is and what it takes.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Previously, you stated that you said to the guy about telling the parents/father of the girl about filming her. Well, you yourself, jus said that her parents/father were the ones pimping her out.

Ummm, thats not what i said. I asked YOU if you were the father of an 11 year old who was a victim of a crime, would you as her father sit by and let some guy film your daughter as she was going through hell? And would you be ok as a father if I stood by in uniform and did nothing about it, even if you asked me too. So not sure how or why you got confused.

Well, I don't expect you to remember what you said or did as you are a LEO (and we all know they have a hard time remembering things especially when they are in the wrong) but here are YOUR words...not mine.

I told him sure thing, just make sure your MAN enough to tell the little girls parents/father that your sick behind was filming their victimized daughter.

So let me get this straight. YOU want to be able to film an 11 year old girl who has just been rented out, pimped out, and forced to do sexual acts with the parents friends BY the parents for cash?

but as I stated before, I don't give a poop about his rights in this instance,

And there we have it folks.

I car about a kid who has just had her life turned upside down by her own parents. So him losing his camera NOWHERE near compares to her losing her virginity to a 30 year old, losing her parents for being scum, and losing her childhood forever.....

Maybe he (the cameraman) was concerned that YOU would make her lose more?

I think the above shows mine are as straight as can be! 11 year old girl with NOTHING and a Victim compared to retards camera...yeah..my priorities are just fine thanks.

Thanks for proving the point. That "retard" with the camera has rights. Which YOU just violated in your "hollier-than-thou" gungho attitude.

I think getting the parents 15 years each, getting her into a good home with relatives so she can somewhat have a normal life,

Actually, YOU did no such thing. YOU may have arrested the parents but YOU did NOT give her parents 15 years each, get her into a good home so she can have a somewhat normal life etc.

This is what you actually did:

and keeping her from being on some Aholes personal video collection

Good for you.

Ever think he was protecting her from you? Possibly?

But as I said if you want to make assumption, call me names, hate my profession thats fine...while you were on ATS typing and THINKING your doing any good, I was on the street actually protecting this kid from people like you, and boy is it worth every pissed of person!

People like me? Let me tell you about people like me:

I make it so YOU can drive your car safely down the road without something falling on you.

I make it so YOU can walk into a building without having to worry about it falling on you.

I make it so YOU can do your daily job.

That's what "people like me" do.

And that comment right there just shows the problem. Maybe if you didn't think of us as "people like you", maybe, just maybe we citizens would consider you LEOs as people instead of dickheads? Maybe?

[edit on 3/15/2009 by Griff]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

reply to post by PsykoOps

Just like I said to griff, but he wasnt smart enough to figure it out....if you had/have a daughter PsykoOps and she was just the victim of a sex crime, and her life was now falling apart are you or would you be, as her father or just a NORMAL person in general, ok with some random guy getting her face and life on camera for MAYBE the whole world to see?

Again:

Did you ever think that the guy was protecting her from YOU?

Period.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

And yes griff my department and most that I know of get a drug test done twice a year manditory and there are random screening every month. So bottom line, if your taking anything you WILL get caught.

This just shows that you have no understanding of drug tests. Twice a year? Cocaine stays in your system for 3 days. '___' can't be tested for unless you do a spinal tap. Mushrooms can only be tested from fecal matter. Etc., Etc.

I know people who get tested once a week at random. And they are NOT police officers whose job it is to uphold the law and carry a gun.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You would rather sue and jail me then have the forthought of NOT filming a kid....make me sick..

How do you know I wasn't protecting the kid from YOU?

You make ME sick with your twisting and turning. Face it. You were in the wrong for taking a mans camera when he was doing nothing illegal with it.

And again I'll state:

Wouldn't a video of you NOT touching her inappropriately be advantageous to you in the long run if her parents claimed you had?

Maybe you should think about that next time?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's not clear what exactly he was being arrested for? Because he was arrested doesn't mean it was a lawful arrest. Some police are better than others and/or some priests, maybe 9 out of 10 might be provocateurs.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I will do it OVER and OVER...I would rather be sued, fired, hated by 50 retarded adults, then allow an innocent 11 year old victim to be raked over the coals even more then she already was. Her future and her safety are more important to me then somones right to get her on camera so they can expose her for their own gain. Sorry but there is NO reason anyone with even poop for brains should want to film a child who was a victim of certain crimes.

So bring on the bashing, the hate, the rude remarks, all of it...I will gladly take it knowing I may have saved a child from any further unnecasaery embarrassment.

Then you, sir, have no right to be an officer of the law. The law isn't always right, but it isn't your place to make that judgment. If you had done that as a private citizen, I would say more power to you. But being an officer of the law holds you to a higher standard.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

What are you talking about??? The video in the article proves that it is a big deal and that, you (the police) do attack the person filming or taking pictures and whatever else you think you can get away with when you (the police) think nobody's looking.
You even confessed to a crime and said you'd do it again.
You temporarily confiscated the mans camera and took his tape. That's theft where I come from. At least it would be if anyone besides a cop did it.
Cops seem to think that their word is the law, like they're all Judge Dredd or something. Well, they're not.
You rcwj, sound like part of the problem.

[edit on 3/15/09 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This is a good question, Would you fight back? If a person of the law isnt being lawful do you have the right to correct that? who do i hate more Cops or priests? I say bring it on. This is one of the reasons why our founding fathers thought it right for us to have guns. Obviously the priest was doing the right thing for once and it seems more and more common now days that the cops are doing things that are not lawful just to bring up numbers so they can keep their jobs. I can count for every time a cop gets behind me even when im not doing anything wrong they run my plates also one time in particular there was a "suicide" call down the street and for some reason they came to my house which kind of has the same lettering so it can be confusing to the unintelligent but still they knocked then asked if anyone called i said no of course and then the pig just walked right in and searched my place, i picked up my video camera, begun taping and said get the # out i did not invite you in, no one here wants to kill them self you are unlawfully entering & searching my house, they left quickly but not without shooting off dumbass remarks almost like talking to a teenage girl. These incidences are happening more often im hearing in my state. So its good to see priests not raping children anymore and just having their cameras ready whether its for cops or children....

[edit on 16-3-2009 by RyujinDrakon]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

rjc is the perfect example of this by taking away someone's camera for filming him while dealing with an 11 year old girl.

Yup.

He even states, "...I will stomp on your camera with a smile before I allow a child who can't protect themselves to be used by retards who have NO common sense or decency"

He comes right out and tell you that he 'will stomp on your camera' before he starts on the 11 year-old - and will do so 'with a smile'....

The blatant displaying of an attitude of perceived-inculpability, especially when coming from an admitted Police Officer, only adds to the negative opinion that the public has of their officers.

*Good work rcw! Your posts continue to help us to make our case and consistently offer the perfect corroboration for many of our claims.

That fact that you said the following, when you confronted an Individual who knew their Constitutional Rights, is reflective of the systemic problems in your alleged field of employment:

"...but OH NO, I HAVE THE RIGHT BLAH BLAH BLAH speech came out, which told me this clown has ZERO morals, ZERO respect"

*According to your logic; a person who knows their rights is a person devoid of morals?

(As I have previously indicated, You continue to make our case for us. thanks.)

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
I do understand you're a cop but have to laugh at the above statement.
It seems everytime you come to the defense of your fellow officers, you always say something to the effect of " this is an isolated incident,by a single person".

Those tactics are very common.

Especially among police officers and Freemasons.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

The difference is that the people who "profile" you do not have a badge, a gun, and a license to kill.

Once bitten, twice shy.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think this incident is a marker of the stupidity of the entire country you live in. Im very into freedom of speech, and freedom of movement, and I dont think that people filming an incident should EXPECT to have thier equipment confiscated , or be arrested. But there again, each individual situation is going to call for a tailor made response, equal to the task of making an incident pass without further problems. And as this case shows very well, its not always so easy to give an opinion on something like this, when both sides of the argument do have merit. In the case of a young lady who has been a victim of a horrific incident as described, you cant condone sticking a camera in her face and expecting someone whos job is to protect and serve the community , to allow that . In fact its an invasion of her privacy to have a videotape made without her consent in that situation.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
In the case of a young lady who has been a victim of a horrific incident as described, you cant condone sticking a camera in her face and expecting someone whos job is to protect and serve the community , to allow that . In fact its an invasion of her privacy to have a videotape made without her consent in that situation.

If that's the case, I would like to see all CCTV gone as they are an invasion of my, yours, the 11 year old girl's, my dad's etc. privacy.

Now, if the child had been sprawled out naked, I could understand rcwj wanting to protect her.

But, I'm sorry to say, on a public street, she can be filmed and a cop that would take your camera away is the one who is in the wrong. Morals or not.

Because like I've said, how does this cop know that the cameraman is not looking out for the girl? Or the cop himself? Etc.

No, this cop decided what and who the film was for even before he even thought of anything else.

Cops do not have that right.

Period.

BTW, since you're a Brit, you CAN expect your camera to be confiscated if filming the police. And you called us the stupid ones?

[edit on 3/16/2009 by Griff]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Im aware of my rights in this nation sir. I am also aware of the law in your nation, the law of germany and the other EU nations, and am familiar with a few of the laws from east of the eurozone.
In this country I know that there is no law protecting me from the police in a significant way.
"Who watches the watchmen ?"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join