It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Torrington, Connecticut ? 3/4/09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
here is an interesting ufo report/story about strange lights spotted and a report from a witness that ran into Military personel while walking in the Woods supposedly somewhere in Connecticut.

i am not sure where this picture fits into the story yet but i am assuming this was presented as evidence of the lights being seen or the article used it for an illustration ?

i41.tinypic.com...

Someone is reporting in today's paper that they live in Goshen, Conn. and took a walk in the woods.

Upon venturing a bit further away than usual they encountered military personnel who told them they needed to leave, that they were trespassing. Goshen does not have military land.

www.ufodigest.com...

if the report about seeing the military in the woods is true....what the heck is going on in Connecticut ?

[edit on 15-3-2009 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Another interesting story.
I can't believe, though, that some of the commentators as USUAL said it was probably Chinese Lanters.

Really, it is getting terribly old.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

If this guy saw the military in the woods, then that's one of the important parts of the story.

He should of checked their uniform to see exactly which military. If it doesn't name a country, then that wouldn't be a military from around here. If it says Canadian military, then we've got another piece of the puzzle... because that means that folks are utilizing the local "planet earth" militaries for something...

Interesting story though.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Sounds like he was trespassing in the dudley town area(one of most haunted places in U.S.) This area is patrolled by a private group all times of year. They will detain you for the police to arrest you if caught wandering into dudley town. I found this out the hard way.

As for the military in the woods and area I havent seen any or heard of anything. Then again I don't get out much in the winter as it is freezng cold..

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Looks like a lit up version of Dr. Jonathan Reed's photo of the obelisk in the woods, j/k. Nice story and photos. I am still waiting for the close-up day light documentary footage. I will probably be waiting for a while.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
well one thing I've learned from my time so far in the military is that we never do anything without a purpose. The military doesnt just dispatch a squad somewhere without the express purpose of wrecking someones world or recovering something of value, take your pick as to which result was being obtained but I agree that the fact they were present says something in and of itself.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I live in stamford CT, near southwest portion of the state
Im a lifelong resident, and have in fact seen 3 UO's possibly 4 in my lifetime..i am 33 now.
Upsity stamford CT, near our resivoir, (LAurel reservois, my great grandfather helped make it), has a sign posted, saying military in area. To my knowledge the sing has been thier since about 1994. A friend fo mine, who grew up in Danbury, near candlewood lake, also alifetime resdient, told me its common actually. Military ikes to use the deep woods for training purposes..he had frineds who chatted with the army guys years ago. Ive never seeen any military truck ever, up city or downtown..so im assuming its just a small group training.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i wish they put this in the news. i found this info out late. i plan on going up that way at night and watch the sky at some point i live in ct. i was born in 1985 but anyone in ct see the ufo over i-84 in waterbury/middlebury ct in 1985 i believe?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I am actually from the Goshen area and find this post most interesting, I wonder what part of Goshen it was...there is a big mountain in the region that might be good for alien visitors since it has a flat top for cars...hmm.

If the photo is from the "ufo" then I saw that same thing in the early 90's at St Thomas Church in goshen while attending a boy scout meeting I couldn't be more than maybe 9 years old. It went straight over our heads in the sky with 8 lights on the bottom? triangle shape and I think it made a low humming noise or vibration. No one remembers it but me which I found out since 8 of us where standing out side watching it.

Goshen is out there in the woods so I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff happened, did it mention where in goshen or a link to the article?

edit: what I saw in the sky looked like what the author of this post gave us for a picture, not the lantern type image in the link.

[edit on 083131p://31b7 by VampireZio]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
you sure you didn't just shine up your Harley dog? i kid. see alot of em that look like this for sure. decent find .flag

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VampireZio

hey thanks for the sighting report

i am surprised you had not heard of this sighting since you live in that area. maybe you can find out some more about it ? possibly contact your local Mufon rep. and see what they say ?

other than that, i don't have any more info on this story.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

haha....... it looks like a shiny full dress Harley

that picture came from the article in the link, i actually had forgot about this thread until it got bumped recently. i wish somebody that knows more about would chime in.

thanks for the reply

[edit on 6-7-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Looks like a UFO if it was in the air.
Perhaps it was spotted and it fell into the woods and
there was a search party to recover the craft.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
IT is true, it is true, it is true...Up close I have seen a ufo in Danbury Connecticut, along with a buddy of mine, my older sister onother time and my mother another time, my mom was with about ten other friends. I was a trouble maker in the 80's and in after work in 1987 at about 11;30 pm, for about a half an hour my buddy and I were trying to break the lights with rocks on the craft you see on the previous pictures. it was about 20 to 30 feet above us, we were under neith it and at an angle under it. It shot up to the stars in about 4 seconds while we were undernieth it. I have a lot to say but at the end, these are true, and the cover-ups in the Hudson Valley/Danbury Connecticut saying that it were pilots fliying in formation is BS not the sightings, the UFOs are absolutley true.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am close to that area, I'll look for space ships for you.

I will return if I see them and tell you about it.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Mr Mask]

top topics

join