It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A warning about Alex Jones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The video Obama Deception was just released. While a lot of what he said is true and touched upon many points I think you should take what he says with a grain of salt. I think some of what he says are pure sensationalist-- even in the Bush administration he plays off of peoples paranoia sometimes (he lets his own paranoia get in the way of his movies). So, sometimes his movie is a bit playing off of your fear... and things don't always happen in exactly the way that he says they will happen but for the most part a lot of what he says is not bad. So, just if you find yourself letting him play off your fears, just research what he says and find out the truth about it. Sometimes what he says is probably just a bit playing into our paranoia... this is just a warning. I like Alex Jones he just does some fear mongering sometimes when he wants to make a point. But he is not a disinfo agent.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have to agree with you.

I have myself just watched the Obama Deception with the link so generously provided by a fellow ATS member. I think it somewhat acurately protrays what is going on at the moment and the direction the country seems to be .ed.

That being said, there are times when I think maybe Alex has become a victim of some well placed dis-info that he seems to believe.

He's not a disinfo agent himself, I'm sure. His intentions are well placed because he speaks of things that are very critical (our should be) to all of humanity at this point in our history.

It will be interesting to see what comes about the Obama Presidency, but truthfully, I think this is just another One Term President who might or might not help.

I don't even think he knows he's being played, that would be the truly criminal part.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I sort of agree.

I like some of what AJ has to say, he tries to inform people and talks about things that many are scared to....and he must be applauded for trying at least..
But.... i think the way he goes about it, like some pumped up WWF..oops...WWE star, is quite frankly annoying.

I enjoy some of his documentaries, I've seen most because it's better than watching TV and most crap Hollywood films that come out.... documentaries are probably my choice of viewing....any subject really.

He does play on peoples fears and paranoia.... but who doesn't these days??
Doctors and health experts do.... your bank does... it's the way to sell your product now.

I think he sets out with trying to convert or "awaken" new people each time...which is why much of Endgame was in the Obama deception....
It's a shame that "real" info and real people who try and speak out are snuffed out or silenced..... I'm afraid AJ is as good as it get's.
As good as it's allowed to get anyway.

It should have just been called "the political deception" because Obama (as AJ says) is just a puppet.
I was saying so on all the "we love Obama" and "Obama will save the world" threads leading up to the elections.... just two sides of the same coin... the Dem's and Rep's.

I do have to say, while i find him to be annoying at times and i probably preferred him a few years back...(he was awesome in waking life
) he still does provide some info at some level and he is a pretty brave guy.
If we all took a stand and made our voices heard then we could actually achieve something.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I agree. I admire Alex Jones for saying what theories he has. However, I'm not scared one bit by those theories. I think there is a definite lack of transparency in the government which causes theories to run rampant, so I don't blame people for imagining a worse case scenario.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
People often blame Alex for inciting fear among his listeners, focusing on the man him self instead of the information he provides. But if half of what he's saying is true, which it clearly is, shouldn't we be fearful?

Not fearful to the point of paraylisis; not cowardice. Fear can be a powerful motivator for change if channeled correctly. Fear is our most basic way of avoiding danger, and to deny our fear and pretend there is no threat is true cowardice, while coming to terms with ones fear and overcoming it through action is true bravery.

AJ's like a fire alarm going off in a burning house - sure it can be annoying, but does that deminish the threat of getting burned? Is the solution to take the batteries out and go back to sleep?

That all being said I can see how his blustering could turn some folk off.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Instead of whining about Alex Jones being this and that, why don't you get out there and try making a difference. At least he is trying to do something. Posting on a forum does nothing, it will not change the corruption happening everywhere around us, wont change Alex Jones, wont change anything.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gouki

I talk to a lot of people about politics and I try to wake them up about the system. I can only do so much. All I'm doing is saying that AJ can be right about 75% of the time about something but when it comes down to it he's a bit sensationalist at times. As others have said he's the best we're allowed to have right now.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
People are missing the real problem with Alex Jones.

Not so much is he in the business of disinformation as he is in the business of deflection, especially that of a Zionist conspiracy and its possible connection with a Vatican NWO.

It is my presumption that Alex is a Jesuit/Zionist shrill/tool. He protects the puppeteers as he cunningly turns ones attention towards the puppets.

So yes, he does have some truth to share...but he will not ask or allow the hard questions that get right to the heart of the cover-up.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I would have to say Frank, we live in sensational times! I would have a hard time deliving the news that Alex does with a cold and passionless demeanor.

'...in other news, manical group of global neo fascists covertly rise to power and threaten destruction of free humanity. We'll be back after this break with the weather...'

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Even though I believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy of sorts, but however I don't like Alex Jones, and I don't believe that he should representing this issue. Just as I mostly believe that the Disclosure Project was real, but I don't believe in Steven M. Greer, and he should not be a representative for any UFO disclosure.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yes he is a bit paranoid, but he opened MY eyes. I used to think Obama was great (being a liberal), but now I realize they're ALL puppets.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkNight

I don't know if you listen much, but Alex consitently calls out the political ideolgy that is Zionism. He constantly rails on the fact that Obama named two Mossad agents to his cabinet, ect...

But I gotta admit he didn't metion any of this once in his film. Makes me think he didn't want to be dismissed as an 'anti semite'
in the film he expects to reach a wider audience than his radio show.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You said you believe in Alex 75% of the things he said, Isn't that enough, I mean what 75% of that film could happen, and things would be ok.

If hes right only about 25% of what he said, he are in for a world of hurt and CHANGE.

Alex is no dis-info, hes a patriot 7/24 , and even in Conspiracy worlds, sometimes things are slow, and he's gotta repeat himself

I dont see anyone else making common folks aware .

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I could tell a few things here but decide not to because of the public nature of this forum...

But, I watched Alex' videos and there is some truth to some of the information. No doubt about that. But I see him more as an entertainer than anything else and as an entertainer he's doing a great job!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Frank, with all due respect - Make up your mind.

The video Obama Deception was just released. While a lot of what he said is true and touched upon many points I think you should take what he says with a grain of salt.

Ok, a lot is TRUE, but take it with caution.

I think some of what he says are pure sensationalist-- even in the Bush administration he plays off of peoples paranoia sometimes (he lets his own paranoia get in the way of his movies). So, sometimes his movie is a bit playing off of your fear... and things don't always happen in exactly the way that he says they will happen but for the most part a lot of what he says is not bad.

A lot of what he says is pure sensation - BUT - for the most part a LOT of what he says is not bad.

So, just if you find yourself letting him play off your fears, just research what he says and find out the truth about it.

Best part of your post! If I may Paraphrase - Do the research and make up your own mind.

Sometimes what he says is probably just a bit playing into our paranoia... this is just a warning. I like Alex Jones he just does some fear mongering sometimes when he wants to make a point. But he is not a disinfo agent.

My . is spinning around on my shoulders.
You like him even if he plays on paranoia after all he's just warning us and though he does the ol'fear mongering he’s really not a disinfo agent.

Frank, really...
In between all your - maybe this and maybe that - is actually a great message.
Research what the guy says, and make up your own mind!

Which proves nuggets of pure genius can be found (finally) in what many people say - when you look for them hard enough.

This goes for both you, and Alex Jones!

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

But I gotta admit he didn't metion any of this once in his film. Makes me think he didn't want to be dismissed as an 'anti semite' in the film he expects to reach a wider audience than his radio show.

I've wondered the same thing.

Repeatedly he spoke about the *rush* to get the film out.

Could this be the reason he passed over so many important facts, or, am I just pie-in-the-sky hoping?

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think he's making a lot of money playing off people's fears. If Ghandi had been elected there would have been a video by Jones accusing him of something.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkeye1717
I think he's making a lot of money playing off people's fears. If Ghandi had been elected there would have been a video by Jones accusing him of something.

Nah, or else he would be attacking the people who post his videos which he does not.

You can watch all of Endgame and the Obama Deception on YouTube.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I agree with Frank on this one. I feel pretty neutral about Alex Jones. I like that he's digging into all the conspiracies and "fluffing up the dirt" so we can then do more research to find the gems in what he's saying. But at the same time, a lot of what he says is for sensationalism. Bush was great "business" for Alex and he's got to make Obama just as lucrative or he loses his livelihood. That's what I think the Deception Video is about.

I don't take anything that Ales Jones says at face value because he IS a sensationalist conspirator. He sees conspiracy in the chicken crossing the road. And he "exposes" it as a conspiracy with "facts" that are really assumptions and motives that he grabs out of thin air.

But in the end, he makes us ask, "Why DID the chicken cross the road"?

So, he's good for that, but I don't take him too seriously. The best thing we can do is take what he says and do our own research. Sometimes he's going to be right and sometimes, he's makin' it up.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This thread’s about anti-AJ. If you can’t attack the arguments (of his new Obama film, because they’re simply correct) then seek out to attack the person. Isn’t that how we were taught not to conduct?

[edit on 14-3-2009 by MyNameIsNobody]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join