Your favourite pice of kit ?

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
One item makes it tough. I am going to have to go with my knife. I have several types and brands. The one in my bag now is a Buck model 655 I believe. It was a fathers day present.

Spiritowl




posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritowl
One item makes it tough. I am going to have to go with my knife. I have several types and brands. The one in my bag now is a Buck model 655 I believe. It was a fathers day present.

Spiritowl


Nice piece of kit, my very first folder was a Buck 112 of my friend in Kansas, it lasted for years.
NR



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Obviously I had to go with that knife because it was a fathers day present. I tend to like the things that have many uses the most. Although a multitool will rank high, I can't think of anything that has more uses or is called for as much as a rough use knife that will last.

Spiritowl



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
For me it is tough. My EDC knife is a Chris Reeve Sebenza, [now that I have it back]My other favorite piece of "kit" would be my fire piston. Is is always working, and it is just fun to play with, kinda like the guy with the glock but less danderous.
:lo

My EDC,as of now, is the aforementioned Sebenza, a Sog multitool, a 4 in. crescent wrench, a Fisher pen, and a lighter.

respectfully

reluctantpawn



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
For me it is tough. My EDC knife is a Chris Reeve Sebenza, [now that I have it back]My other favorite piece of "kit" would be my fire piston. Is is always working, and it is just fun to play with, kinda like the guy with the glock but less danderous.
:lo

My EDC,as of now, is the aforementioned Sebenza, a Sog multitool, a 4 in. crescent wrench, a Fisher pen, and a lighter.

respectfully

reluctantpawn



no flashlight???, Compass or Watch ?



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider
 


I have a light in my get home bag. I generally know where I am going for over a two hundred mile radius. [thanks to a long career as a service tech that traveled to do repairs] ,so I really don't need a compass. A watch is a no-no in my line of work. So I use my cell phone most times. My get home and bug out bags are set up differently of course, as each has it's place in my life. If I am far enough away from home I will have extra kit to see me through. But this is all I EDC.

respectfully

reluctantpawn



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
reply to post by Northern Raider
 


I have a light in my get home bag. I generally know where I am going for over a two hundred mile radius. [thanks to a long career as a service tech that traveled to do repairs] ,so I really don't need a compass. A watch is a no-no in my line of work. So I use my cell phone most times. My get home and bug out bags are set up differently of course, as each has it's place in my life. If I am far enough away from home I will have extra kit to see me through. But this is all I EDC.

respectfully

reluctantpawn


cool I'm impressed



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
1 single most important tool? My Swiss Army Adventurer model knife (non-serrated locking main blade). It has proven to be the most useful tool in many outdoor situations than anything else I have ever carried (including multi-tools such as the Leatherman, etc.).

Also, it is so compact and light that it allows for other more specialized tools to be carried as necessary.



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider
 


Besides I never get lost. Somebody is always telling me where to go, and sometimes how to get there. [Southern humor and sarcasm]


respectfully

reluctantpawn

[edit on 20-3-2009 by reluctantpawn]



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
reply to post by Northern Raider
 


Besides I never get lost. Somebody is always telling me where to go, and sometimes how to get there. [Southern humor and sarcasm]


respectfully

reluctantpawn


Same up here I often get offered advice on sex and travel



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This is a really cool thread! I would have to say the most important survival tool I own is Heinlein's book Farnham's Freehold. In it is a comprehensive list of survival items that the protagonist stocked his fallout shelter with. I know it's a bit dated, but there are items on the list that tanscend logic. Heinlein really must have thought this out... but then again this story was written at the height of the cold war. I wonder what Heinlein's BOB must have looked like?

Another book(s) is the old Foxfire series. I have a few of them, not the whole set though. Basically a guidebook for living simply and off the land, plus there are cool things like how to build a still and make different corn whiskeys and stuff.

I also really like my Leatherman. Had it for 15 years or so, and never leave home without it.

At night, when it's dark, and I'm laying under my shelter in the dark PA wilderness, I'm carressing my sweet, sweet Leatherman.

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)


EDIT: I removed an off-topic comment

[edit on 20/3/09 by cbianchi513]



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
This is a really cool thread! I would have to say the most important survival tool I own is Heinlein's book Farnham's Freehold. In it is a comprehensive list of survival items that the protagonist stocked his fallout shelter with. I know it's a bit dated, but there are items on the list that tanscend logic. Heinlein really must have thought this out... but then again this story was written at the height of the cold war. I wonder what Heinlein's BOB must have looked like?

Another book(s) is the old Foxfire series. I have a few of them, not the whole set though. Basically a guidebook for living simply and off the land, plus there are cool things like how to build a still and make different corn whiskeys and stuff.


[edit on 20/3/09 by cbianchi513]


Good post, If you like informative fiction you would probably enjoy PATRIOTS by James Wesley Rawles and Day By Day Armageddon by J L BOURNE



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Thanks... Patriots was also exceptional, I've yet to read the other... I must underline again that I believe in a SHTF situation, written knowledge (books, microfilm, whatever) needs preserved. I envision "worst case" at all times, and I can't imagine living in a world where there is massive technology loss due to chaos. Sometime, somebody is going to pick up the pieces and start again, and I feel preserving knowledge is essential to giving mankind a "jump" on the issue.

Ok, I'll step off my little soapbox now... hehe.





 
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join



atslive.com

hi-def

low-def