It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Originally posted by weedwhacker

For the last time, rcw....there is NO SUCH THING as a 'homosexual lifestyle'.

There is homosexual, there is heterosexual....it's human sexuality, not a 'lifestyle'......

SAYS YOU! Nothing scientific to back up that your born GAY! That and when your "famous" gays, coworker gays, friend gays, aqaintence gays etc... admit to having had bf's/gf's at some point, then other gays have children through marriage with the opposite sex, then you have BI sexuals, blah blah blah its had to believe anything but choice....sorry homosexuality is a CHOICE...thats my belief...let me be!

And just like those on here to bash rush and those who listen to him, who are you weedwhacker to tell anyone whats fact and what I or anyone else should think? You wanna believe gays are born that way, fine...I just choose not to.

[edit on 3/15/2009 by rcwj75]

i knew a kid when i was very young that was extremely feminine and had one of his ears pierced. this is when we were 6 years old. back then i knew something was strange about him. ALL these years later i found out from a friend that he is gay. You are born gay, you dont just transform into a homosexual.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
My wife and her friends were driving back from North Georgia yesterday, and some one who was passing them felt the need to write on a sheet of paper "I LOVE RUSH" and slam the sheet of paper against the window of their car.

My wife and her friends just kinda shrugged at this person as they drove by.

Now, my wife has an Obama sticker on the back of her car, so maybe that provoked it... I'm not sure...

Just seems rather... crazy

[edit on 15-3-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
My wife and her friends were driving back from North Georgia yesterday, and some one who was passing them felt the need to write on a sheet of paper "I LOVE RUSH" and slam the sheet of paper against the window of their car.

My wife and her friends just kinda shrugged at this person as they drove by.

Now, my wife has an Obama sticker on the back of her car, so maybe that provoked it... I'm not sure...

Just seems rather... crazy, histrionic, immature

[edit on 15-3-2009 by HunkaHunka]

its ok my father likes to hang a NOBAMA sticker out the window whenever he sees a toyota prius because where theres one prius, theres one person with an obama sticker. thats his freedom of speech and it is the same use that your wife has.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Your either with our president or your with them!
Which is it, mr patriot?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
i knew a kid when i was very young that was extremely feminine and had one of his ears pierced. this is when we were 6 years old. back then i knew something was strange about him. ALL these years later i found out from a friend that he is gay. You are born gay, you dont just transform into a homosexual.

Sorry my friend but at 6 if you got a peirced ear and your a BOY, it sounds to me like he was RAISED and groomed to be that way. Like I said, I respect your opinion or anyone's on this topic, but I WILL NOT believe that your born that way. Its and end to the human race to be gay, or atleast an end to the NATURAL way humans have produced and lived on for thousands of years.

Sorry to derail, but had to say that to my man SWAT..lol

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Originally posted by Swatman

Sorry my friend but at 6 if you got a peirced ear and your a BOY, it sounds to me like he was RAISED and groomed to be that way. Like I said, I respect your opinion or anyone's on this topic, but I WILL NOT believe that your born that way. Its and end to the human race to be gay, or atleast an end to the NATURAL way humans have produced and lived on for thousands of years.

Sorry to derail, but had to say that to my man SWAT..lol

well he did have three older sisters soooo... you do the math

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
if yoyu think rush is bad,take a listen to keith oberman.
what a [SNIP]. i'll take rush over that know nothing loser anyday.
at least rush is informed.

if oberman's stings broke , that puppet would lean to the left.
but the main thing here is you better watch your rights! they're coming for them again.

and besides, jon stewart ripped up on cnbc. didn't you listen to the things he exposed? if not you better go to the dailyshow.com and listen to the cramer interview.
at least rush is trying to protect the country,not rape it's citizens.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Spectre0o0]

Mod Edit: Removed profanity/censor circumvention.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
why does the left constantly view minorities as victims and as such, treats blacks and hispanics like victims and helpless? How is that acceptable? Isn't that racist?

The following IS NOT a racist comment, merely an observation:

They aren't treated as equals. They have been put on a pedestal with affirmative action. They have more rights than whites or other races. So they are treated ABOVE equal.

They absolutely should have no privilege over and above anyone else. And if you go by the percentage of crimes committed by members of those two racial groups (and they are not minorities anymore, so that term should be stricken from usage), they should receive LESS privileges. If a race wants benefits AS A WHOLE, then they should lose benefits AS A WHOLE when the majority of crimes committed in the U.S. are by members of those races.

Of course all of this is horribly stupid anyway, because no race should receive more benefits than any other race. Everyone is equal, and they should be equal under the law as well.

[edit on 3/15/2009 by pjslug]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I wonder if you've ever actually asked a gay person about their childhood?
I have a gay cousin, and believe me he was BORN gay. We all knew he would be a homosexual, and there is nothing wrong with that in my eyes.....but he was about as effeminate as you could imagine at a very early age. And before you accuse my aunt and uncle of somehow raising him to be gay, let me assure you that they are pretty much your average family. My uncle is a steelworker and biker who is heavily into working on vehicles and four-wheeling in his bronco, so it's not like the kid didn't have a strong male role model. He just simply grew up that way....it's almostr like he was BORN that way.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

In response to rcwj75. Your comments hit the nail on the head. You are expressing exactly what many other posters are thinking.
Bravo

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

Rush 'potatohead' Limbaugh, Ann 'coultergeist', Sean 'the manatee' Hannity and Billo 'the clown' O'REALLY(?) should all rot on a desert island together.

(Limbaugh coud provide the shade...)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by mrpotatohead

Rush 'potatohead' Limbaugh, Ann 'coultergeist', Sean 'the manatee' Hannity and Billo 'the clown' O'REALLY(?) should all rot on a desert island together.

(Limbaugh could provide the shade...)

and the meat when the coconuts run out.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Well I believe there are 2 reasons to watch/listen r.l.
1. Amusement and to see what the neo nazi... ehem.. neo con's are saying.
2. They're just not all that bright.

For the record, I'm #1.
Yes I've listened to rush crap out his mouth before and although I do find his simple minded fecal diatribe amusing, it is also a little un-nerving because there are enough people out there that believe he should have a podium to speak from.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Those who hate rush are just crimminally insane and will soon perish from this planet.

As much as this scares all you crimminally insane, Rush speaks for millions of us who actually read and understand the constitution.

I do fear that 1776 and 1861 will seem like a small pimple on the arse of history for what is coming.

There may not be any arse left for the left to infest...........

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Hand Luke

The "love" of money is the root of all evil, according to scripture. Hmmm.............ya think?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't know why people fear Rush. He himself says he is just an entertainer yet people are very fearful of his opinion!

So in the end Rush is right once again. Most here choose symbolism over substance. Rush tells it like it is and you can't take it. Osama tells you so many lies and yet you worship the guy like he walks on water.

How do you tank the ratings of his show you ask? How do you drive him out of business like most major news outlets in this country? Stop listening to or talking about him! This is the very reason all your leftist media buddies are going out of business. The "opinion makers" are no longer that and I find that very funny!

You go ahead and keep driving up his ratings... I think the OP is a closet listener myself. Why even open such a thread if you hate him so much? It only serves the purpose of driving more people to his show...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Because some people aren't so insecure about their political beliefs that they can actually hear them challenged. Why does the left get so bent out of shape about opposing views and become so hateful about it and start calling people names and putting words in their mouths? That's a more appropriate question.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ikez78

If you ever have any doubt, just read what was posted earlier...

The reason his devout "followers" listen to him is that he touches a dark and old-style place in people. People who think like he does. You know, people who are so angry that they don't get to have everything the way they want. People who would like to have a slave or two, a barefoot and pregnant, obedient wife who cooks his feasts and brings him cigars, turkey pot pies and oxycontin then rubs his feet. People who think they know it all. The arrogant and selfish fringe of right-leaning society. Rush completes them. He validates their dark wishes about society.

That is what they think of those of us that listen to Rush...

The poster tried to explain it away, but I ask you this: What possible explanation could there be for that?

Other than that is how they feel..

Semper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I feel the need to make a couple of comments (just like everyone else).

First, that I haven't really seen a lot of fear coming from Limbaugh's detractors on this forum. Their reactions range from thoughtful criticism to visceral hatred, but calling that fear is speculative at best and very possibly a case of wishful thinking.

Second, those who cast Limbaugh as occupying a political spectrum with Obama at the other end are recasting the framework. I speculate that those who insist on this particular didactic do so because in such a world, the views they believe are correct land squarely in the center of the two. Objectively, that's a very conservative viewpoint. Whether you think conservatism is right or wrong, that's the fact of the matter. Casting Obama as an extreme opposed by Limbaugh obfuscates these facts.

Third, that Limbaugh's stated ideals (smaller government, individual liberties, et alia) sometimes contradict his stated opinions on several subjects. To wit: Limbaugh is in support of federal drug prohibition. From a constitutionalist perspective (a perspective Limbaugh claims is his own), drug prohibition should be a matter for the states to decide on an individual basis. Thus, his support of federal drug prohibition stands in contradiction to his stated support for smaller federal government, individual liberties, and framer's intent.

Sources: [1], [2].

Fourth, that Limbaugh stretches credibility as a spokesperson of a sober-minded conservative viewpoint by engaging in polemic and hyperbole which is harmful to a productive, even-handed political dialog. In the way of example, he's referred to credentialed scientists who are merely doing their jobs in accumulating and analyzing evidence as "environmentalist wackos".

Source: [3].

In conclusion, I suggest that no serious conservative should desire Rush Limbaugh as an ambassador for their beliefs. Rush Limbaugh is a brilliant entertainer with an unusual knack for polarizing (and I'd argue distorting, but that's for another post) huge issues. He is not, however, a studious advocate of the ideals he espouses. In the society our framers envisioned and wrote about, we would all try to learn from Limbaugh in whatever ways we can. Attacking an entertainer is, put simply, silliness - though criticism is fair game. Elevating a controversial entertainer to any position of serious authority in the political dialog is also rather silly.

If you've made it here, thanks for reading.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by JohnnyElohim]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join