It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Probably the same reason people watch the View,Dr Phil,and Oprah,they are all the same,some people will watch anything,as long as ratings are high they will still be around

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah he might have more listeners if he didn't just YELL at people, lol.
Beck is alright too, but he comes across as a jerk sometimes as well.
I honestly don't like many of the talking heads, which is probably why I get most of my news via text sources.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
the reason is because he is just fun to listen to, hes a maniac who hangs up on people that get the best of him , and he has azz kissers that call in doing the ditto thing, its like going to the circus, and its a little bit informative if you can cut through all the bs.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
The thing that pisses me off about Rush and his followers is that they swear this allegiance to God and Morality, yet the views they espouse are in direct contradiction to the very morality they say them embrace. The left wing is the bigest hypocrites in exsistance.

Left wing? Now unless American politics is even more different than I understood, I thought Limbaugh was more 'right' than 'left'?

Every man for himself, and if you can't make it competing against everyone else, than you are worthless and deserve your own fate and don't ask us for any help brother. This is what the damn Nazi's believed for the record.

The Nazis didn't actually believe in that. The Nazis were very big on 'volk' and 'nation'; people rather than the individual.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?

The same reason we click on and read what you have to say Grover....

Everyone has something of interest to say once you get past any prejudice you have towards that person..

Hate is really only destructive to the person that hates.. Good thing to remember..

Also good to remember that all the recent hype and gnashing of teeth from the "Rush Haters" has done, is increase his bank roll.... Exactly in line with his wishes..

So now we suffered from "Bush Haters" for years and it has transplanted into "Rush Haters"....

Are you guys not happy unless your hating someone?

Semper

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah he might have more listeners if he didn't just YELL at people, lol.
Beck is alright too, but he comes across as a jerk sometimes as well.
I honestly don't like many of the talking heads, which is probably why I get most of my news via text sources.

Yea, poor Beck, when he cried the other day, it made me cry, I don't know what to say about his crying, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

[edit on 123131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

So now we suffered from "Bush Haters" for years and it has transplanted into "Rush Haters"....

Ouch.

You just change the first letter.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Let's be clear semper, people have hated Rush since GWB's daddy was in office

I don't profess to hate anyone, I just despise the poison espoused by Limbaugh. He may be an intelligent man for all I know, but he doesn't really come off as one....and any news that he may have, I can get from another source that won't make me want to punch something.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Yea he is right wing, I was gonna let that pass, glad you noticed too.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Semper

Nothing to do with hate with me. I can't stand him because of the feces stains he left on NFL Sunday Countdown. That's all I've heard from him and that was enough.

Edit: You can put Terry Kornheiser on that list as well.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

The thing that pisses me off about Rush and his followers is that they swear this allegiance to God and Morality, yet the views they espouse are in direct contradiction to the very morality they say them embrace. The left wing is the bigest hypocrites in exsistance.

Left wing? Now unless American politics is even more different than I understood, I thought Limbaugh was more 'right' than 'left'?

Every man for himself, and if you can't make it competing against everyone else, than you are worthless and deserve your own fate and don't ask us for any help brother. This is what the damn Nazi's believed for the record.

The Nazis didn't actually believe in that. The Nazis were very big on 'volk' and 'nation'; people rather than the individual.

Sorry typedleft instead of right. The Nazi's believed that there was a race of people that were better than others. That is basically what the right believes. They are better than the rest and the the rest deserve nothing.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Not really man.
The right-wing conservatives traditionally believe in small government, support cutting taxes, and do NOT want to go to war. The Bush era was anything BUT traditional republican politics.....hence the term "neo-con".

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

espn.go.com...

OH ?

Ouch again, that was a stupid comment for sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Sorry typedleft instead of right. The Nazi's believed that there was a race of people that were better than others. That is basically what the right believes. They are better than the rest and the the rest deserve nothing.

No I think the right can't stand working 40-50-60-70 hours a week, being taxed like all hell so lazy no good peices of crap can sell drugs, hop the border, refuse to work, abuse welfare, have 14 kids and want handouts, not get educated in school, blame everyone but themselves, demand help, demand assistance, while most of us have to pull up their slack. The right can't stand how when someone is completly freakin stupid complains they didn't get a job or accepted somewhere NOT because their seriously not very bright...instead it was because of their skin color, their culture, their this and that....nothing but excuses excuses excuses.

Maybe the right, and left should be sick of those who laugh at us who work like slaves when they can have any and ALL we got without lifting a finger. All they have to do is say whoa is me and the liberals and bleeding hearts come running, then theyt go running all the way to the bank laughing at you because you fell for their bs.

Rush mentions this alot and he IS right. Just like alex jones is ALWAYS paranoid about the end of everything...he has good points AT TIMES.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The Nazi's believed that there was a race of people that were better than others. That is basically what the right believes. They are better than the rest and the the rest deserve nothing.

Yes, I think the Nazi view of race is something that is known to everyone with even a passing familiarity of them.

However, that's hardly the 'every man for himself' attitude that you mentioned before.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It isn't just about Rush's views. That is not the problem. The problem is that he spews hatred and is just vile.

AFter the stint on Michael J. Fox, I have no sympathy for the man. he should of been taken off the air.
Rush Limbaugh mocking Michael J. Fox.

Lets not forget some of his greatest insights:

Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.”

The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down”

The difference between Los Angeles and yogurt is that yogurt comes with less fruit.”

“Women were doing quite well in this country before feminism came along”

“The NAACP should have riot rehearsals”

“When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation”

“Take that bone out of your nose and call me back”

“They vote with their vaginas”

“If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people - I'm serious, let the unskilled jobs, let the kinds of jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do - let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work”

“[Democrats] don't have reasons for people to vote for them. They're just trying to gin up anger and resentment for their opposition. And it's just not working anymore.”

Is this really just an opposing view? or supported bigotry and hatred?

[edit on 14-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

[edit on 14-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Well, someone's a little bitter about society!!!

I agree though, there are plenty of freeloaders out there of all shapes sizes and colors, taking advantage of the American taxpaying law-abiding citizens every single day.
However, I think that it is unfair to stick any one set of persons with the responsibility of our national problems, as both the reps and the dems have both had a crack at running the show. Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps our country is what it is by design?? Let's get outside of the box here....liberals and conservatives, those days are gone....we're left with various shades of grey at this point.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
“They vote with their vaginas”

That's kinda funny.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have been listening to Limbaugh since 1992. The only reason I listen to him is that he has the same views I do. It is alot better listening to someone and say "Right On!" Than to listen to the drive-by media and say "You got to be kidding me!"

Limbaugh drives liberals crazy! Before Rush who criticized these people? Who called them out? Who informed the people? Liberals work better when people, especially their supporters, are kept in the dark. Limbaugh makes it harder for liberals to inact their agenda and they hate him for it.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The man is a bigot and a moron, I completely agree with you.
Anybody who buys into all of that guys crap can take a long walk as far as i'm concerned. 50 years ago that's the kind of guy you would see dressed from head to toe in white and burning crosses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join