It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I suspect posts like that are why cousins shouldn't marry.

It is apparent that no one's opinion will be swayed by this thread.

If RL "wishes" our President to fail, that is his right. However if he "causes"
our President to fail, that is treason.

trea⋅son–noun
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

dictionary.reference.com...

Regards...KK

[edit on 27-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Reasons we listen.....Rush quotes 4/28/09

"It used to be as GM goes, so goes America. I guess it's true! I guess we're in the toilet."

"They're pulling a Geithner on Kathleen Sebelius: 'She's the only one! It doesn't matter that she hasn't paid her taxes! It doesn't matter that she's for every abortion that ever happened! We have to have her in there!'"

"Do I know where my airplane is all the time? Damn straight I do! What kind of question is that?"

"Everybody asking me, 'What do you think is going on with Air Force One?' I don't know. Maybe they're surveying the Statue of Liberty, thinking of replacing that statue with one of Obama in 2013. Who knows?"

"This is hilarious. Americans United for Change (which is a union thug group), has just put out a press release: 'Specter decision the ultimate rejection of the Limbaugh-led party of no.' Ha, ha! I love it!"

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Wow, that repetitive quoting is like a booger that won't flick. Gets annoying fast.
Better down in BTS.

So RR, if you can do more than parrot your idol. I'm kurious. His show is what about 3 hours long? 5 quotes in 3 hours? What is the rest of the 2 hours and 59 minutes like?

KK

[edit on 28-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Well Mr. Obama, is President 24 hours a day. Can you give me 5 quotes that Mr. Obama made today?

Nevermind.....Can you give me 5 quotes from the teleprompter Mr. Obama reads from?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Well Mr. Obama, is President 24 hours a day. Can you give me 5 quotes that Mr. Obama made today?

Nevermind.....Can you give me 5 quotes from the teleprompter Mr. Obama reads from?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by RRconservative]

I am certain our President assembled 5 noteworthy sentences today while dealing with an economic crisis and the flu epidemic. The difference being he holds the highest position in the free world. Perhaps a tad loftier than the seat of an AM Radio Shock Jock riling up the disgruntled minions and hawking Geritol.

Thanks. It is now apparent why you resort to quoting others. As you were.

KK

[edit on 28-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

FYI: I post Rush quotes everyday to answer the question posed in the title of this thread.

The title of this thread is "Why do people listen to Rush Limbaugh" The answer simply is to listen to what he has to say. Hence the daily quotes.

Comprende? As Rush is apt to do sometimes, I threw in some Spanish lingo into the conversation!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
RRconservative said:

I used to have a special thread for this right here in Above Politics but a moderator moved it to BTS effectively killing the thread. I never got a reason for the move.

Then later I replied:

... That is the biggest line of bullhooey you have posted yet RR in your attempt to turn this thread into your mushy loosebowels propaganda forum.

Don't think I'm not on to what you are trying.

Then even later RRconservative claimed that:

FYI: I post Rush quotes everyday to answer the question posed in the title of this thread.

The title of this thread is "Why do people listen to Rush Limbaugh" The answer simply is to listen to what he has to say. Hence the daily quotes.

So I told him to tell the truth... that the reason that he posted quotes from mush loosebowels here was that his thread of quotes was moved and essentially killed so he was attempting to turn this thread into a propaganda forum...

especially since he hasn't contributed anything of substance to it other than said quotes.

That was deleted by a mod as being off topic so I am adding RRconservatives statements to prove that it was on topic.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by grover]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

No comprende!

You quoting rush limbaugh does not tell me why you listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Why do i sometimes listen to Rush?
Because i'm on the road, A LOT sometimes, and where i live, it's the only talk radio i have access to that has topics other than "how to make your plants grow"

I despise Rush Limbaugh. In every fashion. But that doesn't mean i don't want to hear his version of current events. It's kind of "Fuel for the fire" if you will.

But i repeat...you have not told anyone why you listen to Rush Limbaugh by quoting his show. Honestly, so far, all of your posts have been completely off topic, as all you are doing is quoting a radio show....

How about you give us your take on his quotes and why you feel they're important....i believe that would be a little less "copy cat" and a little more "ATS"

Rush Limbaugh IS entertaining. I don't disagree. But where people like you, and people like myself, are going to disagree, is that his "pearls of wisdom" are not any good. They're not insightful, they're not sage, they're not revolutionary.

It's a man setting in a chair in an environment that he has created himself to completley void himself of any ridicule of himself so he can set comfortably and ridicule other people under the guise of "if you can dish it out, then you should be able to take it"

Whenever someone sneaks by the call screener's, he looses his mind.

Rush Limbaugh "is a big fat idiot" just basically sums it up, imo. Why you find his disinformation to be insightful is really what the title of this thread should be.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
To give Rush Limbaugh credit... and for this I will use his real name as opposed to my nom de plume for him:

He has made a series of commercial spots in support of the Humane Society much to the annoyance of some on the hard right especially the guns at any cost crowd who take the Humane Societies opposition to hunting as an attack on the 2nd amendment.

For that I will give him a star.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Originally posted by Fremd
Why do i sometimes listen to Rush?
Because i'm on the road, A LOT sometimes, and where i live, it's the only talk radio i have access to that has topics other than "how to make your plants grow"

I despise Rush Limbaugh. In every fashion. But that doesn't mean i don't want to hear his version of current events. It's kind of "Fuel for the fire" if you will.

That's a pretty cool attitude/outlook, actually.
Even though you disagree with him, you're not afraid to listen to him for various reasons.

Have you ever called his show?

Rush Limbaugh "is a big fat idiot" just basically sums it up, imo. Why you find his disinformation to be insightful is really what the title of this thread should be.

I disagree. He is bombastic, to be sure, but some of his political insights are remarkably on target. He has the talent to be entertaining at the same time. You just have to seperate the chaff from the wheat.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
It is apparent that no one's opinion will be swayed by this thread.

Oh, I don't know about that...miracles still happen.

If RL "wishes" our President to fail, that is his right. However if he "causes"
our President to fail, that is treason.

Given the definition you provided, you could attempt to make a case. However, what if a group of Senators successfully campaigned to stifle his policies because they had a different philosophical outlook? Treason? Or patriotism?

Now take that same answer down to the common citizen level...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
KK, I have a question for you: Do you dislike RL because of his political stance, or because of the way that he delivers it?

We've discussed several incidents (me and you) here, and we've reached a level of accord. So my question is: Is it what he says, or how he says it?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
KK, I have a question for you: Do you dislike RL because of his political stance, or because of the way that he delivers it?

OK, I'll bite. I suppose I don't like "extremists." Which is why you may be surprised to find I disdain Michael Moore equally. A polar opposite to Rush. They both seem to balance out the radical fringes. ( I'd sure hate to be the hinge at the fulcrum.)

I suppose it is highly "subjective" and I should actually listen to him. Heck I always used to play Tennis with someone who beat my pants off, in order to get better.

For me, it is not entertaining in the way fingernails dragged across a chalkboard are not. I feel he incites bigotry.

We've discussed several incidents (me and you) here, and we've reached a level of accord. So my question is: Is it what he says, or how he says it?
The former, the sentiment of his statements. I suspect his delivery is what so many enjoy. Although I don't speak much as my momma taught me, it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Perhaps Rush and I were switched at birth?

Thanks for letting me spew, your turn.....................

Kind Regards...KK

[edit on 29-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Why we listen....Rush quotes 4/29/09

"A hundred days is just a honeymoon. A lot of people know during the honeymoon that it's over but they don't admit it for quite a while."

"I am just stunned at the way the political class is dealing with this defection of Arlen Specter to the Democrat Party. It's almost like the religious leader abandoned the religion, which is not the case. We got rid of some dead weight!"

"I'm reading from some of the wizards of smart about today's economy, and they're saying, 'Well, it's bad, but we can't blame Obama. He's only been in office 100 days.' Why can't we blame Obama? Has not the economy been stimulated?"

"Arlen Specter voted for one of the most irresponsible pieces of legislation in modern history, and so finally Pat Toomey and a bunch of others said, 'That's it for us; we have got to run somebody against him.' Is there something obscene about that? Isn't that how politics works?"

"The tea parties were not even about health care, President Obama. The tea parties were about your irresponsible spending, your irresponsible growth of government, and your irresponsible power grab over individual liberty and freedom."

"Obama said, 'We're going to have to tighten our belts.' What do you call 600,000 people losing their jobs every month, Mr. President? Is that not tightening their belts?"

"We're talking about individual prosperity and success, and Obama's talking about government programs. I don't know about you, folks, but I haven't needed a government program for my success."

"Do you realize that Obama's greatness cannot be contained by a four- or eight-year presidency? The greatness of Barack Obama is such that even after he leaves office, he should still run your life. He's that good."

All this is just 3 hours! Some really great quotes today!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

There are some really good ones in there, RR.
Especially that last one. He will still be ruining our grandchildren's lives long after he is gone, too.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

RR, you're shooting yourself in the foot here...but thanks for pointing out the inanity of Ole' Rush. Man, he's gotta be getting very strong, carrying all of that 'Republic Party' water so much of the time. Or, would it be more appropriate to call 'it' the "RepubliCon" Party?

Really....while it seems people will listen to him BECAUSE of his 'delivery' method, when seen in print, without comedic inflection, it is evident that he is a vacuuous wind-bag without a single original thought.

edit - for becky. It should be noted that, among others, Herbert Hoover was a dreadful president. Is the 'damage' he caused affecting anyone's grandchildren? Or, is there some Oracle that magically predicts the outcome of an Obama presidency? Can I get next week's lottery numbers?

[edit on 4/29/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Another slam at RL with no specifics to back it up. Your only 'comeback' has been a (wrong) treatise on radio wave characteristics, WW.

All you do is to attack the man. Why? Are you afraid of him? Ad hominem, ad hominem.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i am feeling alot of love going on with this thread

i back rush on this and only this

i too hope that obama fails in turning this beloved country into a fascist dictatorship

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
ATTENTION!!

Let us remember right now how important it is to not attack other members here on ATS. In recent pages, it's been noticed that some targeting of members has taken place, on more than one occasion. This will no longer be tolerated.

Please stick to the topic, and attack the topic, not the poster!

Thank You!

TheBorg
Forum Member and Moderator

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join