It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I honestly can't say because I don't listen to him. Very few occasions I will get in my car and my husband has the radio left on talk radio, and Rush is on. What little I have heard, his arrogance and his tone, and whatever he was saying at the time was a big turn off.

link   
I think a lot of the people who listen to him are the "on the road" types. The traveling salesmen, truckers, et cetera. That AM signal seems to go on forever.
Now as for the people who listen to him non-stop at home or at work, well unless it's just for entertainment purposes, they must be ignorant.

Ignorant to the fact that Rush doesn't give a crap about them or their problems, he's a shill for a group of people who have nothing to offer aside from critisism.

Rush limbaugh is a racist, as evident by many of his own statements regarding Blacks and hispanics, nobody could possibly argue that. He is sexist, as evidenced by his statement that the ERA was only good for ugly women to be able to enter the mainstream of politics and business, nobody could argue that. He's also a junkie, as evidenced by his criminal drugs conviction.

So please tell me again about how he simply presents an alternative point of view, or how he only cares about "real people" or "real america". People who say that are almost as stupid as he is.

He's a clown, a loud, obnoxious example of what is truly wrong with this society. If you believe anything else, you have to believe that.

link   
I doubt it's true for all his listeners but it will be true for some. I've listened to a lot of talk radio shows over on this side of the Atlantic despite my vehemently disagreeing with most of the views that get aired simply because I can find them funny. Hearing reactionary, uptight callers go apoplectic on-air over often trivial issues used to have me laughing my arse off in bed.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why everytime someone is brought up here,
we then have to bring up someone from the OTHER side of the aisle. Are you really that threatened because someone is talking about Rush "Pillface" Limbaugh??
I wish we could get past the party lines, as they are clearly two heads of the same beast.
Let's just keep this thread to Rush Limbaugh, and how he is a complete fool. If you want to talk about Alex Jones or Keith Olbermann, start a thread entitled "AJ Sucks" or something of that nature.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
LOL you guys are funny, Rush is far from stupid,

I am pro life too, so shoot me?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Do not forget, Obama smoked crack and pot of his own free will. Heh its one thing getting addicted to pain medication after major surgery, its another thing when you start to smoke crack and pot for "fun".

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I honestly can't say because I don't listen to him. Very few occasions I will get in my car and my husband has the radio left on talk radio, and Rush is on. What little I have heard, his arrogance and his tone, and whatever he was saying at the time was a big turn off.

I don't listen to him either, but i will see what he has to say before passing judgement, not on him personally, but his political views.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Nobody is shooting anybody here!
Everbody is entitled to their own opinion.
It just so happens that we don't agree in this case, and that I find him completely vile and disagree with nearly everything he has to say.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

Nobody is shooting anybody here!
Everbody is entitled to their own opinion.
It just so happens that we don't agree in this case, and that I find him completely vile and disagree with nearly everything he has to say.

Everything?

I bet if you tried you could find something to agree with him on, perhaps many things.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
reply to post by FredT

Do not forget, Obama smoked crack and pot of his own free will. Heh its one thing getting addicted to pain medication after major surgery, its another thing when you start to smoke crack and pot for "fun".

That's true, Gen.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
reply to post by FredT

BUT, was Obama ever addicted???
We're in the 21st century here, do you realize how many people have smoked pot in this country?
I can't believe i'm defending Obama, I don't even like the guy lol. Let's be fair here though, Limbaugh was an ADDICT. Prescription drugs are as dangerous as, if not more dangerous than most narcotics.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

Maybe if you did listen to Rush, he always repeats that he is for people of ALL races to succeed. What he is agianst is having the left constantly treat the minorities as victims and helpless. How is that racist? How is saying, everyone should be alowed to succeed racist?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That's why I said "nearly" everything

I always leave myself an out!
I am not a religious person, and he brings his theological views up far too much for me to even listen what his ignorant butt has to say. I've listened to him before, maybe 8 or 9 years ago, and could not stand the man.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

And how long was Obama smoking crack for? What does crack do to your brain? I'm not saying addiction to medication is better or "safer", but still, doing drugs is doing drugs. So its easier to get pain medication addictions, but what about crack?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I listen to Rush if I am feeling lethargic and need to raise my blood pressure. His arrogance is also funny to me, but all in all he makes me ANGRY.

His fans listen because he is the smartest among them, and he is gifted at making their collective opinion seem streamlined and intelligent.(To Them)He gives them ammunition to keep on deceiving themselves and others. People who have intellectual self-defense usually do not buy anything that he says.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The bottom line is, he DOES bring up some good points. Just like the retards over on Air America, and SOMETIMES (can't believe I'm admitting this) SOMETIME Alex Paranoia Jones even says a useful thing or two. It all comes down to how YOU want to hear it and think about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The thing that pisses me off about Rush and his followers is that they swear this allegiance to God and Morality, yet the views they espouse are in direct contradiction to the very morality they say them embrace. The left wing is the bigest hypocrites in exsistance. Every man for himself, and if you can't make it competing against everyone else, than you are worthless and deserve your own fate and don't ask us for any help brother. This is what the damn Nazi's believed for the record.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81

That's why I said "nearly" everything

I always leave myself an out!
I am not a religious person, and he brings his theological views up far too much for me to even listen what his ignorant butt has to say. I've listened to him before, maybe 8 or 9 years ago, and could not stand the man.

I understand,

He is hard to take I guess, maybe if he was more humble?

You know I have been listening to Beck and I agree with a lot, but he gets on my nerves too,

I do understand.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

he was a headliner at CPAC. he even proclaims himself as the voice for those who don't have the guts at CPAC.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

We're seriously still talking about this?
Maybe you should ask Obama, as I don't have those answers. I'm willing to bet he probably tried it once or twice, and then stuck with the maryjane for awhile

Contrary to popular belief, crack would have a more detrimental effect on your LUNGS than your brain if it's just tried a few times. There aren't really any lasting effects of one or two times hitting the crack pipe

[edit on 14-3-2009 by mpriebe81]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join