It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
why do I hate liberals? because they want equality for everyone

Equality under the law is the fundamental principle that holds the Constituition and the rest of the American judicial system together...

...and if that is a little obtuse for you let me phrase it this way... equality under the law means equality for everyone.

If you don't understand that then you don't understand anything about the nation and system that you live in.

Or as Anatole France quipped:

The law in its majesty makes no distinction between rich and poor; both are
forbidden to sleep under the bridges of Paris.

The fact that someone can actually object to such basic human rights as equality, speaks volumes about the far right wing.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by grover]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

why do I hate liberals? because they want equality for everyone and want to change america to the point that no one would recognize it. Not everyone is equal that is just how life is.

Not everyone is equal? It doesnt say that in our constitution.

This is not liberal vs conservative, as much as it should be sensibility and people doing the right thing regardless of party affiliation.

At present, there are people, that take license with their freedoms pushing hate on every corner. It is neither healthy, or productive. It is a bigoted intolerance which is ignorance matured.

Desiderata is something I have enjoyed reading for many years. In it is a line which I have quoted below. A standard which I employ, a guidance understood.

Desiderata
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit.

www.fleurdelis.com...

It warns us to avoid loud and aggressive persons...and I put Rush in that category. Like many here in this forum, they have taken a stance of hating someone for their political stance rather then allowing them an opinion. Rush tells us to get out of the country if were not supporting this or that as does Hannity and others. This is not their country to tell anyone either way for we all are given our freedom.

Jesus Christ called us to Love one another. That in doing so we show our love for the Father. And even more so, he told us to love our enemy.

Dont turn democracy into an abomination that it was never meant to be. It was never meant to allow hate to flourish, but rather the truth. When people allow freedom to birth hatred, a new form of terrorism forms within our nation that pits citizen against citizen. Remember that it is written in scripture: A house divided cannot stand.

We as a citizenship need to stand united with the choices we make as a whole while productively without alienation, voicing our options. When we as a people make a wrong turn, that in doing so, we accept our error and make the correction to that which we know is right and good for all.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Peace

[edit on 21-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's momentum, really. Once a man like that get's up a head of steam, he becomes almost unstoppable, especially by his own willpower. This kind of demagogue does not belong in America at all. To me, America is about way more than a single nation. It's about the original ideals it had starting out. People like Limbaugh have debased that ideal to the maximum extent possible. He thinks he has helped the nation, but this couldn't be further from the truth, of course.

Freedom of free speech shouldn't mean freedom of hate speech. I'm all for freedom of speech in all regards. But when you abuse that right, you should not be allowed to speak on the public airways. I'm not saying you can't be biased if you have a good reason why you think you are right. A logical man will be able to incorporate the ideas of his opposition into his own idea, thus coming up with a superior strategy with which to tackle his problems.

The problem today is that some people never want to admit they are wrong. They would never work with their opposition to come to a peaceful solution to their problems. Such seems to be the case with modern American politics.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Hypocrisy of late is almost more than one human can endure..

Here we have the Left demonizing a Private Citizen for what he says on his Privately Owned Radio Show and at the same time..

Defending the Duly Elected President of the United States for making fun of Handicapped People the world over...

Obama Makes Fun of Handicapped

Is there no amount of Hypocrisy that the Left wont stoop to?

Can they not see how ridiculous this is?

Sheesh

Semper

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

and yet, your own words reveal your own hypocrisy.

It is hypocritical to mock rush limbaugh
but it's not hypocritical for rush limbaugh to mock others?
or for rush limbaugh to wish doom on this country to further a political agenda?
ahhhh

hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Did you even read my thread?

I find it hard to believe any person capable of turning on a computer could get what you said out of my post..

Oh well..
The Masses and all that..

1. Rush never called for "Doom" on the United States (Patently False)
2. Rush is NOT an elected public official, Obama is. (In case you missed that)
3. I never said it was hypocritical to mock Rush, I said it is hypocritical to mock him and defend Obama for essentially the same thing. (It is)

Now that is laid out as straight and easy as I can

Semper

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

1. Rush never called for "Doom" on the United States (Patently False)

yes. he did.

Barack Obama is doing what he's doing in attempt to regain our economic status that was pre-bush-era.

If you wish he fails in doing such is to wish doom upon our country.

It's very simple to figure it out - you really just have to look beyond your own republican agenda.

2. Rush is NOT an elected public official, Obama is. (In case you missed that)

Dealing with conservatives is funny. When you've been proven wrong, you always go for the condescending route.

3. I never said it was hypocritical to mock Rush, I said it is hypocritical to mock him and defend Obama for essentially the same thing. (It is)

So wait. Mocking Rush for wishing doom on our country is the same thing as mocking Obama for trying to fix bush's mistakes?

hmm

i really find it hard to follow conservative republican thinking.
I guess that's why it's so easy for them to never progress, and cling to roots 100 years out of date.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

yes. he did.

Please prove this..

Remember that Obama is NOT the Country.. Not in any way shape or form..

No politician or single individual is..

Start to restrict the criticism of politicians and there go more rights..

Semper

[edit on 3/21/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

i really find it hard to follow conservative republican thinking.

I am sure you do. I could have guessed that all on my own.

Dealing with conservatives is funny. When you've been proven wrong, you always go for the condescending route.

How many Conservatives on this thread have Mocked anyone's name?

Answer... 0

Liberals.. At least one

Mocking Rush for wishing doom on our country

We have substantiated that is false.

So if all you are accusing Conservatives of is true, is it true that liberals use scare tactics?

Semper

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by Fremd

yes. he did.

Please prove this..

Remember that Obama is NOT the Country.. Not in any way shape or form..

No politician or single individual is..

Start to restrict the criticism of politicians and there go more rights..

Semper

[edit on 3/21/2009 by semperfortis]

Im not saying Obama is the country. Those are your words if that's your assertion.

What i am saying is that the things Obama is doing are the things that are needed to fix the country.

Either you A.) Let the big banks and businesses fail, putting everyone out of a job, and destroying america

or you B.) Bail them out

there is no "C.)"

so, by doing the only thing you can do to save the problems created by the bush administration, Obama is being critisized by Rush Limbaugh.

Limbaugh is saying "i hope he fails"

so if he hopes that Obama fails in succeeding to restore the economy, then he himself is wishing doom upon our country.

You are surely able to see it that way - you just refuse to admit that it's right in order to further the republican agenda. (seemingly)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

How many Conservatives on this thread have Mocked anyone's name?

Answer... 0

Liberals.. At least one

so when it be suits you - you take the context of this argument outside the thread to say that liberals do this and liberals do that

but when it be suits your other argument, you limit the ignorance of the conservative party to THIS particular thread by saying it doesn't happen because it doesn't happen in this thread?

Try reading other threads on this website alone

better yet, trying watching the news.

Do i really need to start posting rush Limbaugh quotes, racism, KKK associations to your boys on fox news?

Seriously man. Get a clue.

Criticizing a politician or public figure for doing something wrong is fine.

But wishing doom on our country through pure hate and for the purpose of political agenda is just plain stupid.

But the only thing worse than that is trying to condone it.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

What i am saying is that the things Obama is doing are the things that are needed to fix the country.

Your opinion and you are wrong

by doing the only thing you can do to save the problems created by the bush administration

You do mean that despite all the hearings the Conservatives held warning the Democrats about this coming and the Democrats shouting them down and voting them down don't you?

You are surely able to see it that way

Nope

I think you are 100% wrong as is Obama..

I was alive in 2006 when prior to the Democrat controlled House and Senate, the country was in great shape.
I remember the hearings when the Republicans tried to warn the Democrats about exactly what is happening now and the Dems called them opportunist and accused the Reps of not wanting the poor to own homes.
I remember the Dems that pushed the housing market into this crisis by not only advocating ill structured government guaranteed loans to people that could not afford it, but demanding it.
I remember unemployment at the lowest in history until 06.. What happened then.. Yeah you know..

I am also sure beyond a shadow of a doubt, that liberals will never accept responsibility for any of this. Beside the fact that deflecting responsibility is a Liberal Trait, they can't as it would destroy them.

I do not want Obama to succeed and sincerely hope he fails as what he is doing will surely destroy this country I have served for so many years.

In that, I support Rush 100% and being in uniform my entire adult life, I call him a Patriot.

I will support Obama on policies that are going to help this country; but as of yet I have seen little. Sure the Bailouts may have been necessary to an extent, but now that same bailout money is going to pay bonuses for AIG.. Smart move Obama..

The fact that businesses fail is a sad one and people wind up unemployed, but that is a fact of life and one created by the Democrat Controlled House and Senate. The job of the government is not to take care of me, or you for that matter.

The FACT that Libs want to be babysit by the government and handed everything to them with no effort and no risk, is a well known Liberal Trait, but not one of Honor, Pride or Success. The foundations that have built this Nation.

So, yes, Patriot I call him and I will continue to and I will continue to speak out against these policies that will destroy this nation I have fought and bled for..

Semper

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

so when it be suits you - you take the context of this argument outside the thread to say that liberals do this and liberals do that

Go here:

Obama makes fun of Disabled

See how many liberals are defending this...just who is taking anything out of context? Exactly

THIS particular thread by saying it doesn't happen because it doesn't happen in this thread?

Please enlighten me where I said that?

I agree with creative license to some extent, but if we are going to discuss this intellectually, you really have to stop making stuff up...

But wishing doom on our country

See what I mean?

Proven to be false and yet it seems it's all you have..

So much for the intellectual conversation.. But a man can hope..

Semper

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

No semperfortis, your facts regarding the lowest uemployment in history are not accurate, nor is your evaluation of the economy in 2006.

You're US Military but your not an economist. When it comes to matters you dont understand its better to say nothing rather then blindly telling someone they are 100% wrong.

Your entitled to your opinion, but when said:

I really have to question your basis of that statement. Are you an economist? Im going to answer that for you and say no. Therefore, you cannot absolutely say either is 100% wrong as you honestly dont know yourself. Heck, seasoned economists dont even know.

As a forum moderator, I expect more of you then half baked accusations and assumptions regarding Fremd and liberals.

The Sword cuts both ways.

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

First off I haven't heard of any liberal defending Obama's "joke"... more of a self deprecation really.

But really in regards to mush loosebowels... its a false comparison. Obama made a "joke" that was in bad taste but that was all it was. One he quickly apologized for.

Mush on the other hand has throughout his career belittled people... including those with Parkinson's... whom he disagreed with (or disapproved of) and has never once apologized for his bad taste.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

No semperfortis, your facts regarding the lowest uemployment in history are not accurate, nor is your evaluation of the economy in 2006.

Yes they are

but your not an economist. When it comes to matters you dont understand its better to say nothing rather then blindly telling someone they are 100% wrong.

Did you read my post or just decide to flay your way around an answer?

I said.. I think.. As in my opinion and believe it or not, I am as entitled to mine as you are to yours and I THINK you are wrong.

Are you an economist?

Are economists the only ones that have knowledge about the economy? Is that what your trying to say?

Therefore, you cannot absolutely say either is 100% wrong

Never did. Please if you are going to respond to my conversation with another member, please don't make up things to support your argument.

Heck, seasoned economists dont even know.

And you have spoken with all of them?

As a forum moderator, I expect more of you then half baked accusations and assumptions regarding Fremd and liberals.

As a MEMBER (Which is what I am) you may continue to expect my opinion.

And what is a Fremd?

Please remember that

Semper

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

You're US Military but your not an economist. When it comes to matters you dont understand its better to say nothing rather then blindly telling someone they are 100% wrong.

Your entitled to your opinion, but when said:

I really have to question your basis of that statement. Are you an economist? Im going to answer that for you and say no. Therefore, you cannot absolutely say either is 100% wrong as you honestly dont know yourself. Heck, seasoned economists dont even know.

Peace

if we go by your standard, no one is economist because no one has seemed to predict this crisis. i dont care who you are, if you went to years and years of schooling for economics and couldnt see this one coming out of left field, its time for you to find a new profession. semper has just as much credibility as the USA's smartest economist

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

The truth is what it is.
Lets take a look at your claim of unemployment in 2006 under Bush..

I remember unemployment at the lowest in history until 06.. What happened then.. Yeah you know..

You did say lowest in history right?
I responded:

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

I told you that 06 did not see the lowest unemployment figures and you said:

Yes they are

The Lowest unemployment figures were achieved under the Clinton administration as well as the lowest inflation in modern times.
Not up for debate, its a fact. Right out of the white house records.
www.whitehouse.gov...

Bill Clintons record according to the White House:
He could point to the lowest unemployment rate in modern times, the lowest inflation in 30 years, the highest home ownership in the country's history,

As far as you asking if I read your post, well yes I did. Fremd, FYI happened to be the name of a member above in which you claimed that both he and Obama were 100% wrong.

but then responded this...lol..

Never did. Please if you are going to respond to my conversation with another member, please don't make up things to support your argument.

Do you even read what you write? All you have to do is read your own quotes.

As far as Swatman...hey your entitled to believe whatever you want. But just a couple of pointers on your post.

if we go by your standard, no one is economist because no one has seemed to predict this crisis.

Ok..first you say no economist seemed to predict it..then you turn around and say :

i dont care who you are, if you went to years and years of schooling for economics and couldnt see this one coming out of left field, its time for you to find a new profession.

So which is it. No one predicted it, yet you claim that anyone could see it coming. Now which was it as you cant have it both ways.

semper has just as much credibility as the USA's smartest economist

Based on what credibility and credentials again? Hes career US Military, not a financial analyst or an economist. Maybe for a reality check he should go apply for a financial position.

As far as the Sword , you can go ahead and deny you said anything of those things I listed above, and you, by your own words, would be...100% wrong.

The Truth is the most powerful Sword you can wield.

Peace

[edit on 22-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

If the GOP follows rush limbaugh's prescription and moves further to the right and takes a stance of confrontation and obstruction... regardless of how well or poorly President Obama does... the GOP will only be isolating itself further.

After the Clinton wars and the politics of division under bush minor people are sick and tired of that crap.

Continually saying no will not work... there needs to be new ideas and a new dialogue. The same old same old will get us nowhere.

Both the left and the right; Republicans and Democrats, should be adult enough to be able to sit down at the proverbial kitchen table and seriously, sanely discuss the issues. Come to some form of consensus where we can; politely agree to disagree where we can't, and still respect each other in the morning.

After all we are all Americans and despite inflammatory rhetoric to the contrary both of us love and wish the best for our country.

As Voltaire said:

I may disagree with what you said but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

If the GOP and conservatives in general continue to cleave to the politics of hate and division as enunciated by limbaugh and ilk; then such a constructive dialogue that will actually help the nation as opposed to simply the party, will be impossible.

Sadly there are those who benefit from the politics of hate and division, obstruction and confrontation... but it is not the people and it is certainly not the nation.

We must not let them and those who speak for them to dictate the agenda or we all lose.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by grover]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

The Lowest unemployment figures were achieved under the Clinton administration as well as the lowest inflation in modern times.

Wrong again or intentionally posting falsehoods..

Google is our friend.

Unemplyment Rates

While if you bother to read the link, you will see that I was mistaken as you are as well.

You will find that historically the lowest was back in the 50's, a full point lower than with GWB and 2 points lower than Clinton.

The era of intentional misleading stats with the Clinton's should have ended, but apparently it is still going strong. Rush was correct about them as well.

Fremd, FYI happened to be the name of a member above in which you claimed that both he and Obama were 100% wrong.

They are

Do you even read what you write?

OK, One more time for reading comprehension.

I said... I Think

Now perhaps that is clear enough, if not let me know.

As the remainder of your post is directed at another member perfectly capable of standing for what is right, I will not engage in that, unlike you did, as I understand this just obfuscates any conversation. A tactic, but not one the Conservatives are famous for.

Semper

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join