It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Listen to Rush Limbaugh?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by RRconservative

Yeah, well...RR

Listen to Rush....he screens callers. Or, he has staff to do it for him, as does every live talk radio person that I know of.

O'Reilly, same thing.

I would, just for clarity, like to hear a real person debate Rush, or O'Reilly, on equal footing. Just for a change.....on their respective radio shows.

No....doesn't happen, does it?

It is bluster and blubber, drown out....or, in case of O'Reilly, "Cut Off the Mic!!!'

Of course, same tactic for all the "right-wing" nuts....just cut off the ones who disagree, rather than actually engaging in a discourse, a dialog.

The BS gets ratings....that's it, baby!!! Ratings!!!!! Rant, rant, rant....keep it up....don't let any other ideas in.....just keep ranting!!!!

Yeah, Baby!!!!!

bill orielly is not right wing and isnt a conservative or republican. some of his beliefs are but he has many beliefs that would be considered liberal too.

go talk to keith olbermann if you want fairness.... HAHAHA

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
bill orielly is not right wing and isnt a conservative or republican. some of his beliefs are but he has many beliefs that would be considered liberal too.

Im sorry ..but uhh..could you be a litte more vague? wow..

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

O'Reilly doesn't take calls, he reads emails. know about the show and person before you talk about them, you just make yourself look stupid if you don't.

Everyone who takes calls on their show screens callers. It isn't just Rush or "right wing nut jobs" doing this like you are implying. The main reason he does it is because of the huge amount of callers he gets. He allows a little mix of Obama supporters and non supporters get their say and will allow someone to rant and rave about Rush until he goes to commercial.

Again, know about the show and person before you talk about them, you just make yourself look stupid if you don't.

I like how you keep holding Rush's past drug abuse against him, yet you give Obama a pass.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Im sorry ..but uhh..could you be a litte more vague? wow..

Peace

no. do research.

he doesnt believe in capital punishment for one.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

In his column Tyrrell also mentioned the war of words the White House got into with Rush Limbaugh, Martella observed.

“Remember that the term ‘politics of personal destruction’ is a Democratic term and it’s what Democrats actually do. They focus on individuals,” Tyrrell said.

“They got it into their head that Rush Limbaugh, who is a talk show host with an audience of 20 million basically conservative people, is somehow a national figure of great political moment, and they decided to leap on him as if he were Joe McCarthy. The facts are quite clear that he’s no Joe McCarthy at all.

“He’s a jolly commentator, very amusing to anyone with a sense of humor. You don’t have to agree with him. He’d never enforce that you do agree with him.”

Democrats also went after Joe the plumber, Martella said.

“That kind of shows you how deep I think the politics of personal destruction goes in the Democratic Party,” Tyrrell answered.

“It was Ohio Democratic apparatchiks that fastened on going into his tax records, his divorce record and things like that.

“It’s astonishing. Imagine: the Democratic Party worries about the civil liberties of terrorists in Gitmo. I worry about the civil liberties of ordinary Americans here in the United States with people like Obama and his aides in power.”

“It’s astonishing. Imagine: the Democratic Party worries about the civil liberties of terrorists in Gitmo. I worry about the civil liberties of ordinary Americans here in the United States with people like Obama and his aides in power.”

No doubt.

Taken from,
Tyrrell: Obama Worst President Since (Andrew) Johnson
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
“Remember that the term ‘politics of personal destruction’ is a Democratic term and it’s what Democrats actually do. They focus on individuals,” Tyrrell said.

Oh the Irony. Democrats and the politics of personal destruction? wow..lol.
Tyrrelll doesnt have any room to talk: He is the pot calling the kettle black on this one.

Tyrrell was one of those behind the Arkansas Project, financed by Richard Mellon Scaife, to investigate Bill Clinton.[1][2] His book, Madame Hillary: The Dark Road to the White House (2003), likened Hillary Rodham Clinton's tenure as First Lady to that of the reign of a pre-revolutionary French monarch. In his book The Clinton Crack-Up, Tyrrell analyzed the scandalous post-presidential life of Bill Clinton.

Let me get this straight..your talking about the democrats being destructive by quoting a guy who wrote 2 books slamming the Clintons?
A man who is equating Obama being the worst president since Andrew Jackson after having been in office for less then 60 days?

Laughable comes to mind.

Peace

[edit on 19-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

sorry to tell you wackjob but bush was elected otherwise he wouldnt be president, you can win the majority of votes and still lose.

do you realize how hilarious your response is here?

We realize what the electoral college is, we realize how it works.

A.) There's no need for immature childish name calling.
B.) The idea of "voting" is that the majority wins. In this case, the majority didn't win, thats why some people say "he was not elected" But since you happen to support Bush, you don't see it that way, you just pretend Obama is a muslim with no real citizenship.

Don't you see how easily manipulated by the system you truly are?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I like how you keep holding Rush's past drug abuse against him, yet you give Obama a pass.

Hmm, i wonder why?

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use, too many whites are getting away with drug sales, too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh. October 5, 1995 show transcript.
source

The difference is: 1 guy smoked some cannabis, one guy did some other other things "not-cannabis"

the first guy is like millions of us, some people "tried it"

the second guy is a blow-hard bag of hot methane going around blabbing his jaw about everyone else, when it's he, himself, with the problem.

And what happens after he's discovered?

Total retreat and cowardace.

People are holding Limbaughs HYPOCRISY against him, not his mistakes.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

My favorite joke, Fremd.....

"What do the Hindenberg and Rush Limbaugh have in common?

One is a flaming bag of hot air...(take a beat) and the other is a dirigible..."

Timing, in comedy, is everything.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Oh the Irony. Democrats and the politics of personal destruction? wow..lol.
Tyrrelll doesnt have any room to talk: He is the pot calling the kettle black on this one.

Tyrrell was one of those behind the Arkansas Project, financed by Richard Mellon Scaife, to investigate Bill Clinton.[1][2] His book, Madame Hillary: The Dark Road to the White House (2003), likened Hillary Rodham Clinton's tenure as First Lady to that of the reign of a pre-revolutionary French monarch. In his book The Clinton Crack-Up, Tyrrell analyzed the scandalous post-presidential life of Bill Clinton.

Let me get this straight..your talking about the democrats being destructive by quoting a guy who wrote 2 books slamming the Clintons?
A man who is equating Obama being the worst president since Andrew Jackson after having been in office for less then 60 days?

Laughable comes to mind.

Peace

When I was a young girl I had to clean my room. I moved a few things around and stuffed some things in the dressers, closet and under the bed. I thought it looked great and was ready to call it a day.

I was very upset when my mother came into my room and asked me what had I wasted my time doing in the room because it was not clean.

I testily denied that her declaration. I told her that I had indeed cleaned my room and I was shocked that she could not tell the difference. She informed me that she had noticed that I had tucked some obviously misplaced items away and that I had moved a bit of dust around but the room was still dirty.

She then proceeded to show me how to properly clean a room.

We moved items completely from the room we swept, vacuumed, dusted and washed. In other words we made a complete mess. When it was done we put back the items that were needed and some that were just for comfort or aesthetically pleasing; in the end the room was thoroughly clean and beautiful to behold.

I say all of this of this just to say that you can not really clean up a mess without making a bigger one. You can only judge the worthiness of the effort after the dust is cleared.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
reply to post by jd140

Hmm, i wonder why?

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use, too many whites are getting away with drug sales, too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh. October 5, 1995 show transcript.
source

The difference is: 1 guy smoked some cannabis, one guy did some other other things "not-cannabis"

the first guy is like millions of us, some people "tried it"

the second guy is a blow-hard bag of hot methane going around blabbing his jaw about everyone else, when it's he, himself, with the problem.

And what happens after he's discovered?

Total retreat and cowardace.

People are holding Limbaughs HYPOCRISY against him, not his mistakes.

o he only smoked cannabis? because i seem to remember him doing some coc aine too

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Regardless, the point he made was valid.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

OOOPS!!!

Do NOT discuss drug use, on ATS!!! (as I sip my alcoholic beverage of choice...)

No....really....no drug talk!!! EVER!!!!

I don't use drugs....except caffeine..and maybe some alcohol....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Regardless, the point he made was valid.

The point he made was hypocritical.

The politics of personal destruction that he spoke of, points a finger directly at himself.

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Why do I listen to Rush Limbaugh? I find him fascinating, in the same sort of way people sometimes find auto accidents fascinating...

Now, having said that, if you discard the overthetop rhetorical flourishes, sometimes there are actually good points made.

He is, first and foremost, an entertainer. Millions of people listen to him, so he must be doing something right, eh?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
He is, first and foremost, an entertainer. Millions of people listen to him, so he must be doing something right, eh?

If appealing to the lowest and most mean spirited aspects of American society is doing something right then by all means he is a success... I personally want something more ennobling myself... not some bottom feeder.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

As I said, if you disregard the rhetorical idiocy, he does occaisionally have some good notions. Notions that I, and you hopefully, support wholeheartedly...

Small gov't., and stricter interpretation of the Laws of the land. Where we disagree, of course, is the "interpretation" aspects.

His job is to entertain, and to be outrageous, his listeners. That's all. If people choose to place him on a pedistal, well there's no accounting for taste, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Limbaugh quotes for 3/19.

To give more people a reason to listen.

"If this administration moves full speed ahead toward amnesty and Pelosi and others continue to say that the enforcement of US law is 'un-American', then we are going to have a powder keg situation this summer."

"Remember, this is an administration whose objectives require chaos. The more chaos, the more people will demand government to fix it -- whatever 'it' is -- and Obama and the Democrats will only be too happy to oblige."

"Look, folks. If anybody thinks Geithner's going to get canned, they need to remember just two words: Janet Reno."

"The teleprompter essentially told Obama to say, 'I'll pay for your sins, even though I'm innocent.' However, ladies and gentlemen, you and I both know that President Obama is not a savior. I mean, he can't even make a cabinet."

"Let me explain the Democrat privacy policy: We cannot invade the privacy of noncitizen terrorists who are calling from overseas, plotting terror attacks in this country, but we can invade the privacy of legal citizens who receive bonuses that were authorized and contractually obligated by the Obama administration."

"The failures and losers who have worked in Republican administrations always find a voice on MSNBC, don't they?"

It's amazing all this in just 3 hours....and he does it everyday! Amazing!

Be Back Tomorrow!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

And some other reasons, why one might not.

Rush Limbaugh
"The phony soldiers." --on U.S. service members who support withdrawal from Iraq (

Rush Limbaugh
"This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation...I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of the need to blow some steam off?" --on the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal

Rush Limbaugh
"Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too." --in 1995

Rush Limbaugh
"I am addicted to prescription pain medication." --in 2003

Rush Limbaugh
"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

Rush Limbaugh
"There are more acres of forestland in America today than when Columbus discovered the continent in 1492."

Rush Limbaugh
"They oughtta change Black History Month to Black Progress Month and start measuring it."

Rush Limbaugh
"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."

Rush Limbaugh
"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. ... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting." --on an ad by Michael J. Fox endorsing Claire McCaskill for Senate for supporting embryonic stem cell research

Let his own words, speak for themselves.

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

And some other reasons, why one might not.

Rush Limbaugh
"The phony soldiers." --on U.S. service members who support withdrawal from Iraq (

Rush Limbaugh
"This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation...I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of the need to blow some steam off?" --on the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal

Rush Limbaugh
"Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too." --in 1995

Rush Limbaugh
"I am addicted to prescription pain medication." --in 2003

Rush Limbaugh
"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

Rush Limbaugh
"There are more acres of forestland in America today than when Columbus discovered the continent in 1492."

Rush Limbaugh
"They oughtta change Black History Month to Black Progress Month and start measuring it."

Rush Limbaugh
"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."

Rush Limbaugh
"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. ... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting." --on an ad by Michael J. Fox endorsing Claire McCaskill for Senate for supporting embryonic stem cell research

Let his own words, speak for themselves.

Peace

You make the mistake of thinking that the ditto heads are going to be able to see all the wonderful points that you made.

They won't.

They only see that you are attacking their Commander General that has been given powers on loan by God himself.

You become the enemy.

They really are that pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join