It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are your earmarks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I personally hate taxes and fines. But they're obviously not going anywhere; so if we must pay them, the government needs to spend that money wisely in order to circulate it back through the economy.

To my understanding, and I'm not smart, the best way to make sure the money gets spent the way we want it to is with the earmarks; So I would like to know what your thoughts are on the way our tax money is spent.

Here are mine.
1. Return to the moon before everyone who has ever been there dies. can you imagine the headlines, "everyone who has gone to the moon has died." or "no living person has ever been to the moon."

2. Solar power on every federal building. That would create plenty of work for solar factories and electricians. and clean the air a little. "Lead by example."

3. Hybrid mail jeeps. Make one of those car companies earn that "Bailout" money.

That's the best I can do. What are your Earmarks?

[edit on 14-3-2009 by president]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by president

1. Return to the moon before everyone who has ever been there dies. can you imagine the headlines, "everyone who has gone to the moon has died." or "no living person has ever been to the moon."

I don't know about this one. Aren't the Indians or Chinese on their way there in the next couple years? Maybe pay to put an astronaut and a couple of projects in with their mission. This would allow for some work in the US without investing too much money in it. (oops, they're still unmanned as of now, but hope to be manned in a few years) www.timesonline.co.uk...
www.universetoday.com...
We still have to figure out a new space shuttle, and adding a lunar spaceship would be costly and take forever, I mean they've been trying to plan out a new shuttle for years, and still don't have anything to show other than massive cost overruns. Imagine adding another project. And no, they won't go back to using Apollo capsules, that would require a technology refit that would likely rival the cost of building a new one. Too many gadgets, not enough space.

2. Solar power on every federal building. That would create plenty of work for solar factories and electricians. and clean the air a little. "Lead by example."

I really like this idea. Also, most buildings don't use their roofs for anything other than an executive helipad or holding AC units. Put solar roofs in. Windmills on the high buildings or big city, because the wind that whips around skyscrapers would be a great source of energy. It's there, why not use it.
MIT had developed a way to claim energy from windows. www.engadget.com... Why not use this in all new federal buildings and work on re-fitting the current buildings, starting with where it will have the most benefit(southside windows). It may cost a little more to start with but the benefits of having the free power will last almost forever.

3. Hybrid mail jeeps. Make one of those car companies earn that "Bailout" money.

I love this idea. Make GM update themselves if they want money. Better than building a whole new fleet of mail vehicles, figure out how to refit the current fleet for increased efficiency. Otherwise there are hundreds of thousands of those current mail jeeps that will become trash.

I'm working on typing up my ideas into a coherent form instead of random babbling but wanted to give input on yours. Not a bad start.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by mkiii]

join