It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dancehall Superstar Vybz Kartel- MASON!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This has my heart crushed!
And to think this whole time I've never noticed what was on his ring:

www.outaroad.com...

I feel naked and betrayed. Infamous Dancehall Star Vybz Kartel of the Portmore Empire is a Freemason. Just noticed the detail in a youtube video last night.
Dancehall is probably not enjoyed by most ATSers but FYI its like Jamaican Hip-Hop and Reggae is all I listen to-- especially Dancehall.

Vybz Kartel is currently the Best Dancehall Artist around without question. Ive always thought him to be one of my favorites.

How far does this go? I mean seriously- Caribbean Fraternities? Dancehall Artists?
I'm Disgusted.
Vybz- you lost a Devout fan.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is the new track I noticed:

the track is great but the ring is obvious and after looking over several older pics he never takes it off.

freemasonry.org...

"Jamaican Freemasonry Today
Jamaican Freemasonry today is truly a tapestry of great value woven from men of all colors, creeds, political persuasions and social backgrounds. As it is in any grouping of persons, there are bound to be differences of opinion on any given subject, and this is true of Freemasonry in general and, perhaps, of Jamaican Freemasonry in particular.
Throughout the District in general, and in my own mother Lodge in particular, I have the privilege of associating and sitting in harmony with Arab and Jew, Moslem and Hindu, Roman Catholic and Protestant, black and white, members of all three local political parties and those who do not necessarily fall squarely into anyone or other of those categories. And so it should be. I am proud to call each of them "brother" and I find comfort in their presence. I am sure that this is true of anywhere that Freemasons meet in pursuit of the principles of brotherly love, relief and truth.
I clearly remember, with pride, sitting in Lodge and witnessing a double initiation where the two candidates were the Minister of Information and the shadow Minister from the Opposition - both in a similar state of Distress and each taking their obligation, side by side, on the same VAL. I am proud to say that, as members of the same Lodge, they are both active and work with that harmony which should at all times characterize Freemasons, notwithstanding their differences on the political front."

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hardly news at all. Florida is filled with masons from Jamaica. Interesting though.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm especially curious about about the poorly made picture @ 0:16
The Masonic Ring is quite deliberately featured at least 3 times.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is so sad.
Just because he is a mason does not mean that he is not a good person. If there is something bad about them then it is way up the promotion ladder and 99% of masons will just be doing good for others.

Both my brother and brother in law are master masons and all's they do is make money for various charaties and go and have a good time with like minded people once a month.

Forget all th B.S you hear about on ATS, Just because they are a secret society does not make them evil or something.

Don't let other peoples views cloud your own...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
"Jamaican Freemasonry Today
Jamaican Freemasonry today is truly a tapestry of great value woven from men of all colors, creeds, political persuasions and social backgrounds. As it is in any grouping of persons, there are bound to be differences of opinion on any given subject, and this is true of Freemasonry in general and, perhaps, of Jamaican Freemasonry in particular.
Throughout the District in general, and in my own mother Lodge in particular, I have the privilege of associating and sitting in harmony with Arab and Jew, Moslem and Hindu, Roman Catholic and Protestant, black and white, members of all three local political parties and those who do not necessarily fall squarely into anyone or other of those categories. And so it should be. I am proud to call each of them "brother" and I find comfort in their presence. I am sure that this is true of anywhere that Freemasons meet in pursuit of the principles of brotherly love, relief and truth.
I clearly remember, with pride, sitting in Lodge and witnessing a double initiation where the two candidates were the Minister of Information and the shadow Minister from the Opposition - both in a similar state of Distress and each taking their obligation, side by side, on the same VAL. I am proud to say that, as members of the same Lodge, they are both active and work with that harmony which should at all times characterize Freemasons, notwithstanding their differences on the political front."
How horrible!!! Men of differing opinions, faiths or races setting aside their differences and working together in harmony? I can understand why you're so upset!

Oh wait, no I can't.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You feel betrayed ? He's a Mason not a serial killer ! Unless you asked him personally if he was a Mason and he said "No", he has not betrayed you. Masons get a hard deal off a lot of people and yes i do belive that the masons have done some wrong in the past, but they've done a lot more good than there accidental bad. I garentee there is atleast one person you know who has helped in some way who is a Mason.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
OK I see we have several Masonic Brothers or sympathizers here. Thats great- I think you all make some valid claims. It's not the end of the world. It's just that some people (myself included) find the idea of a group of people conscientiously keeping secrets from the rest of society and also united in the betterment of one another a practice that undermines the general prosperity of all. And I know all you allegedly do help to advance everyone but please respect that some of us non-masons find your existence undermining and unfair. Idon't really wish to open up the whole Masonic debate- you guys win- Masons are all good- not at all bad. I was just disappointed in Vybz Kartel.

How about the crudely made image @1:45 which states "Dem Dead Soon, 33 dg" and again makes note of the ring as if such a prophesy would be completed on this account. Obviously this picture is not made professionally but whoever did make it must have some personal pride in the brotherhood to the extent that they can arrange murders like this. Obviously this is mostly silly but at the least inappropriate.

I feel betrayed because I thought Vybz claimed allegiance to the Portmore Empire first and foremost whereas his greatest allegiances are likely to those of the order- something h doesn't talk about (other than symbology which I'll now have to screen for). This to me makes the integrity of his music less.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Which invites me to ask:
Do they become Masons when they get successful or succesful for being Masons?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Thank You Skittle- excellent point!
I'm really surprised these above posters have no problem with this. to me it's one of the two and membership doesn't seem to hurt a career.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Which invites me to ask:

I was a succesful business owner before I became a Mason. After I joined a had a grand total of two members of local lodges patronize my business on a regular basis and I am fairly certain it is because they liked me as a person and not to assist me financially.

I would say that the bulk of the members of my lodge are your typical 'average joe'. We have truck drivers, deli owners, teachers, students and firemen. I think that the majority of them would have to excel at their jobs to be succesful and not by having a membership in a charitable fraternity.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
I'm really surprised these above posters have no problem with this.

To what should the Masons posting here 'have a problme with'?

to me it's one of the two and membership doesn't seem to hurt a career.

Hard work would be a more rapid and spiritually rewarding means to career success, not looking for handouts from others.

M74

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Which invites me to ask:

Neither.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This guy is a Mason??? Well, I certainly won't be buying any of his music if he sacrifices babies, worships the antichrist, and puts silicon chips in people's heads like all other Masons CLEARLY do. Damn him.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Which invites me to ask:

I never understand this thinking.

I've worked hard, and every advantage I've had is either one I've earned, or something I've worked at.
That said, I'm something of a loser, but I've worked with many people who ended up basically running the places they went to work at.

Let me ask the OP a question:
Do you enjoy him, would you say he has a talent?
Do you think he got that from being a Mason, or do you think it is something he is?

I'm really surprised these above posters have no problem with this. to me it's one of the two and membership doesn't seem to hurt a career.

It may, may not. Certainly it seems he's lost a fan.
Now, should it harm his career?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

He might just wear the ring because he thinks it looks cool. Why don't you send him a note in the mail or on his web site? Most of the older guys in my lodge have joined into this hip-hop nonsense. They are all running around with their pants falling off and studdering, a couple of them even wear a big clock like flav-o-flav. (pocket watch) Don't go hating on him untill you have seen him with the baby on his fork.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Let me ask the OP a question:
Do you enjoy him, would you say he has a talent?
Do you think he got that from being a Mason, or do you think it is something he is?

No, he's had talent for a long while and I would presume it gave him notoriety before he became a mason- but that's just a guess.
After the rather harsh refutations of the free and accepted masons on this topic, I've decided Ill still be rocking his great tunes but I'll have to be more discerning.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I suppose confirmation beyond the ring would be good but I find it quite worthy verification.

I understand all you Masons' comments but I'd ask you all to please recognize and accept I as well as others who find the very premise (secrecy)of your fraternal organizations (whether York, Scottish, that one you send your wives to, whatever) counter to the welfare of all. Again I know many of you would find this opposite of the truth yet take it as nothing more than personal opinion- something I'm not willing to debate as you choose to keep secrets and resultantly hinder an open discussion.
We'll agree to disagree if not meet on the level or whatever you prefer.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Moonsouljah don't let anyone here make you feel that freemasonry is alright and quite acceptable, it is not, a family member of mine is a freemason and another relative of mine who died was also a freemason. The highter level freemason are deep into the trenches of the occult. In the initiation they all swear never to reveal the secrets of masonry.

In terms of the number 33 that is the highest degree a freemason is said to can go. However that is not really true, top level masons know that there are more degrees.

Look on the youtube at 2:08 where Vbyz Kartel and the other guy posed. They did that hand pose on purpose, that hand signal has a special meaning.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Explorergirl]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Fearing of secrets is only a fear of the unknown, and unfortunately it is the biggest draw back of man and also perhaps his greatest gift when the unknowns are breached for enlightenment. It is however cowardice to fear what one doesn't understand simply because they lack the will to investigate for himself. The principle point of Freemasonry is that to learn our secret one must be willing to sacrifice the protection of the known, delv into the unknown and ultimately finding ones self -- and thus you find the secret in your journey. I surely hope you will find it somewhere in your own soul to question your own decisions and choices regarding your instantaneous and malicious hatred of someone simply because they live by a different set of beliefs. And more often than not, your beliefs are probably in line with many Masons, but you won't find out until you learn to not hate the label you attach to those men.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join