It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dad, Vietnam, and an Average Age of 52

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
My father was with the 4th ID, 12th Infantry, 2nd Battalion, first tour and with the 75th Infantry, Company 'K' on the subsequent next two tours.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I just turned 61, I did 3 tours of duty in Nam in the jungle. MACV and 1/327 101st airborne. I remember being sprayed with agent orange, we drank water from streams and wells which also exposed us. I have a purple heart and am 100% disabled with PTSD, its only in the last year that I have been able to talk about the war in group therapy with other vietnam vets. But not about the gory stuff non vets want to hear about, we tend to have an understanding that we all went through hell and its better left alone cause we re-experience it in the frequent nightmares that haunt us. I have made contact with 2 other friends that served with me and both have problems from the exposure, prostate cancer, thyroid problems, etc. They are around my age also. I have had no problems that I can directly point to agent orange other than the skin lesions on my arms that I get if I expose to the sun for any length of time. I have wondered about your question/observation for some time now. I believe we will not know the answer to the average age of death for a few years yet. I think the important question is what is the average number of years of survival after exposure to agent orange. This is why we have the agent orange registry collecting statistics. Will they ever release that information to us. Maybe our grand children will get the final correct answer.

<< 1   >>

join