It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[SATIRE] How to get huge ATS Points: Secrets Revealed!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
IMHO the coolest people have less points because we have stuck up for our opinions to the extent of being warned multiple times and having point deductions.Now thats dedication and the true ATS spirit people.

Actually im just trying to justify having bugger all points

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
OP - I totally thought it was hysterical. By the time I saw the thread Sauron had added the 'Satire' to the thread so I knew what I was going into. So funny peeps took you serious but, I can see that w/o the 'satire' being added.

I saw your point and see how it relates on ATS. I see a lot of topics started with hot button, controversial thread title, not much info given in the OP then they just let the rest of ATS run with it - started to debate within themselves and the OP never giving it another ounce of energy. I find that personally annoying.

A lot of times I won't personally respond to a thread or post but send a U2U saying hey, I like what you had to say here. Keeps from mucking up a thread or possibility of derailment.

I too have started some threads which I found interesting, did some research and no takers
Nano tech in our food was one. But, give it some time. Sometimes people actually do use that search function or maybe someone visits your profile and finds the subject interesting. I don't get my feelings hurt. As I put in my rant, I think it's good just to give sometimes from that which we take so much of - regardless of the results.

You also see the occasional post by those that have been members for a long time but don't post as often. These members have my respect too. There's a lot of people who just sit back and read. Just look on the board tab and see how many peeps were on for one day. It almost tells me the majority don't post. But, they are just much memebers of those who actively participate.

Just wanted to say I found the humor - having the disclaimer on the thread assisted in that I'm sure - plus we sure wouldn't want new comers to think that's how it really works around here

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
This condescending approach you have decided to take on the topic is in no way contributing to ATS. Points mean nothing after you have "bought" everything you like at the ATS store Some members have post counts above 4000 with only 20k or so points, but read some of their posts, brilliant to say the least you think they care about points? Fact is do some research, author an original thread or a good follow up with plenty of material and you'll see the points, as well as garner some respect for yourself.

I'm sorry you felt I was being condescending, that wasn't my intent.

I had a look at the list of threads you've authored and thought it was interesting that of the 100+ threads only 2 got over 200 replies.

Their titles?

Hey... NASA More UFOs!

and

Mothership over MO? With vid!!

Just to be clear I'm absolutely not suggesting this was deliberate, I just think you unwittingly hit upon the 'winning formula' when naming these threads.

And that's my point - there is a way of authoring a popular thread and sad to say it doesn't involve sober analysis and intelligent argument. It should do but it doesn't.

It might make me a **** for pointing it out but that doesn't make it any less true.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Say your going golfing with the CEO's from AIG, then tell everyone ATS what a great bunch the AIG guy's are and how they couldn't be guilty of anything.

You should get an overwhelming amount of points.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The easiest way to make tons of ATS points...

Podcast

Get yourself a microphone, and download Audacity.

Start ranting or talking for a while. It doesn't matter what subject cause all are welcome.

Post the podcast.

And repeat for more and more points. (I believe it's 2500 points per podcast)

So there you have it. Rant, rave, vent, talk, joke, make fart sounds, whatever. But pod casting on this site makes one the most points the fastest.

Don't believe me?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I got the joke, so starred and flagged

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I need to make 50 points so i can get some colour text for my avatar embed lol please help lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
Continuing in the joking manner of the OP I would like to add this little tidbit.

Don't forget to sprinkle your thread with links to similar threads. That way you will end up looking like your thread has more validity and support and best of all you don't have to do any more real work!

(chuckle)

Just rereading my thread (vanity I know) and spotted your post which I missed first time round.

OMG.

I guess there really is 'nothing new under the sun'.

Maybe I should add 'plagiarise another thread' to the rules in the OP?

D'oh!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Currently, another great way to get loads of points is to badmouth Obama. It's quick, (apparently easy because you need no facts) and people dive on those threads like birds fishing.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

ajajajajjaja just saw this!!
you`ve made my day

ajajaja

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join