It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Glad Christian Churches are closing?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hello

for me, if any "church" does not not follow the Bible and Gods will then i am happy to see them close. No building can hold Gods will from being implemented. I have seen christians that seem to think God only works once you are inside.

As a Christian, i like to know Gods word is sure and seeing prophecy coming true is good.

david

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
....No building can hold Gods will from being implemented.

david

Hey David, good to hear from you...I thought your line above needed repeated...great quote!

OT

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

cheers

been busy with a house move and little one. a real gift from God

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Very interesting question.

I am personally glad. Religion has a lot of blood on its hands. It has hurt, robbed, murdered and condoned horrible atrocities in its name.

To me it shows people are starting to thing on their own and may even become more responsible for themselves. Maybe some will start using their own 2 hands to try to fix things instead of waiting for God to fix things.

But some post expressed a concern for what will these people seek out next........

It is a personal journey that we are all responsible for. The crutch that revealed religion gives to some...some of those will only seek a new crutch that they can place their responsibility on and remove it from themselves.

No matter what I think, if someone is ok with what faith asks of you and they truly have become a better human and are not hurting anyone and are truly living the dogma their revealed religion teaches......go for it!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oolon
Very interesting question.

I am personally glad. Religion has a lot of blood on its hands.

OK, thanks for the answer...

Couple questions...

What or more importantly "who" is 'religion' to you?

Is/was it the men in power...who used the church of the day to inact their will?

Certainly not the MAJORITY who love God and love people?

Have you thrown the baby out with the bath water?

OT

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join