It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All travel plans to be tracked by Government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I would like to see them do that here in the land of the some what free and the very few brave. I have found, what happens in the UK eventually happens here. I am not sure how they would enforce that here since vacationing can be done from with in the country. Well i guess with passive GPS tracking can be used on cars that have the system already. Then there is the passive update signal your cellphone sends out all the time even when you think it is off. (you need to take the battery out) I guess it is easy to track us here in the states. Can I ask big brother now for an extra can of chew or do i have to wait.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Doesn't our government do this already with the new-style passports containing a chip?
Does this mean we will have access to all of the freebie trips our MPs/EMPs make?
We're all going to hell on a handcart.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ironorchid

Actually, the new passports will probably be rethought since there are already sites on how to hack the RFID passport. just google "new passport get hacked" and see what comes up.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

Oh bugger! Just spent a fortune renewing passports for the whole family.
what do you think my chances are of obtaining a refund?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ironorchid

Government giving a refund. Who ever hear of that happening. You must live in a United States in a different dimension. What is it like there.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
LOL Brit to the bone me.
As for the Gov giving me a refund - I'm keeping a tally and I reckon they owe me a small fortune to date!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This kind of tracking did not happen even in communist countries. Because the technology was not there. No computers at the train stations.

What is different now : we can say what we want about our leaders - sometimes. That is the only difference, now they don't arrest you for speaking against the system, they just ignore you.

Or they put you on a "no fly list". Guilty without trial or evidence. If "they" decide you must not fly then you will not fly. Soon the "no fly list" will become "no work list" then "prison camp list". I mean who is on that list surely is a terrorist !

[edit on 15-3-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Simple solution to a stupid law...

pay cash for your tickets, claim lack of internet/email and submit travel plans in a barely decipherable handwritten letter and posted, depart to one destination, such as Paris, outside of the UK, and continue the journey as normal from there...should make enough of a mess of the system

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
www.statewatch.org...

Raytheon Systems Limited, Serco, Accenture, Detica, QinetiQ, Steria, and Capgemini, in a consortium called 'Trusted Borders'.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
Simple solution to a stupid law...

pay cash for your tickets, claim lack of internet/email and submit travel plans in a barely decipherable handwritten letter and posted, depart to one destination, such as Paris, outside of the UK, and continue the journey as normal from there...should make enough of a mess of the system

Dont you need a passport for doing that?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

You will still need a passport to enter/leave a country as always, but the point is that the proposed legislation will force you to file travel plans BEFORE departure and in addition, file credit card details and other information into a database that will be as govt-guaranteed to be as watertight as a seive

What next? vetting details of who we intend to stay with whilst abroad?

Time for some administrative mayhem to really clog up the govts plans in a beaurocratic paper-jam I think..

Every trip...and I mean EVERY trip, whether a short walk to the shops, a ride on a bus to the next bus-stop, taking the dog out to the park, you name it, could all be filed and posted off to the departmental office responsible and bury the desks under piles of forms...

The government wants to play pedantic? Lets give 'em pedantic!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Ah the old bait and switch. I am not sure why the purpose is in the first place. I meant they already cheack passports upon entering the country, so that would negate the terrorism issue, unless they are not doing a good enough job as is. These are silly laws made by silly lawmen thinking they know what they are doing to solve a problem. Though I am not sure how this does this more that the regulations already in place.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
this is ridiculous. who do they think they are?

Your betters
Your masters
Your owners

Man that sucks. You know what, I bet they did it all along anyway. It was just classified. Now that it's out in the open it can be done via contracted civilian companies for million upon million of dollars a year.

My condolences.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BetweenMyths
www.statewatch.org...

Raytheon Systems Limited, Serco, Accenture, Detica, QinetiQ, Steria, and Capgemini, in a consortium called 'Trusted Borders'.

www.indopedia.org...
Scroll down to section .ed 'Hardware'
"An article (www.techworld.com...) by Chris Mellor tells that ECHELON is built by Raytheon, Lockheed Martin and Zeta Associates. Margaret Newsham claims (www.agitprop.org.au...) that she designed the software for the system at Lockheed Martin in Sunnyvale, California under the code name P415. The two main programs are called SILKWORTH and SIRE."

Report on the existence of a global system for the interception of private and commercial communications (ECHELON interception system (2001/2098(INI)
www.statewatch.org...
Same report from European Parliament website:
www.europarl.europa.eu...//EP//TEXT+REPORT+A5-2001-0264+0+DOC+XML+V0//EN

Excerpts:
13.1: Conclusions:
"That a global system for intercepting communications exists, operating by means of cooperation proportionate to their capabilities among the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand under the UKUSA Agreement, is no longer in doubt. It may be assumed, in view of the evidence and the consistent pattern of statements from a very wide range of individuals and organisations, including American sources, that the system or parts of it were, at least for some time, code-named ECHELON. What is important is that its purpose is to intercept private and commercial communications, and not military communications."

5.3.2.1: "In the early 1970s the Yakima station was established in the north-western USA and in 1972/73 the Morwenstow station was built in southern England. At that time, Yakima had one large antenna (trained towards the Pacific) and Morwenstow had two large antennae (one trained towards the Atlantic, the other towards the Indian Ocean). By virtue of the location of the two stations, all communications could be recorded."

5.3.2.2" Today, global satellite communications are provided by satellites operated by INTELSAT, INMARSAT and INTERSPUTNIK. The division of the earth into three footprints (Indian Ocean, Pacific and Atlantic areas), introduced when the first generations of satellites were sent into space, has been retained. In each of the footprints there are stations which meet the criteria which characterise them as interception stations:"

"This shows that the global interception of communications is feasible.
In addition, there are further stations which, although they do not meet the criterion of antenna size, and although there is no other clear evidence underpinning the assumption, may still form part of the global interception system. These stations could be used to cover the zone or spot beams of satellites whose global beams are intercepted by other stations or for whose global beam no large satellite antennae are required."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join