It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All travel plans to be tracked by Government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

All travel plans to be tracked by Government

www.telegraph.co.uk

Anyone departing the UK by land, sea or air will have their trip recorded and stored on a database for a decade.

Passengers leaving every international sea port, station or airport will have to supply detailed personal information as well as their travel plans. So-called "booze crusiers" who cross the Channel for a couple of hours to stock up on wine, beer and cigarettes will be subject to the rules.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
And here we go again, yet another step towards George Orwell's big brother world, what with all of the databases they already have (and keep losing) CCTV cameras the soon to be id cards and all of the new "anti terrorism" laws that they have brought in and like using so much this one will surely take the biscuit and the only step left will surely be to tag all humans?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Indeed it is

a Prison Planet. Well, i saw this coming. Its all out in the open now anyway, anyone who reads and sees now knows what this world has come to.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I was pretty sure they were always tracked by the government?
Tell me im wrong?
I have an aussie and british citizenship, and im fairly sure, they track me wherever I go.
Unless I want to hide that is

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
I was pretty sure they were always tracked by the government?
Tell me im wrong?
I have an aussie and british citizenship, and im fairly sure, they track me wherever I go.
Unless I want to hide that is

Nope as far as i know they have never tracked people in and out of the country, that's why they don't even know how many illegal asylum seekers are in the country, with this new law though you will have to declare on a government website where and when you will be traveling, which takes thing into a whole new dimension

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It doesn't get any more Pompus than that.

Nice hat btw

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I wonder, If i were to follow our local county MP around, noting his every move, filming him everywhere he went, building up a dossier and database, how long would I last before I was arrested?

Yet, these same control freaks want ever more controls, tracking and scrutiny of the population, and for what? They regurgitate the same tired old excuses of "security" and protecting us from harm, but harm from whom? We went through decades of IRA violence without any of these restrictions and the need to monitor us all in the hope of catching some bogeyman.

We then have the cost of all these measures and the infrastructure needed to support and administer them. Sure must be good to be one of the favoured government suppliers right now. All these IT based schemes must really be swelling the bank vaults of the suppliers and the best bit, there is no realistic independent oversight on spending so they get to charge exorbitant amounts.

On the subject of expense, I saw the other day the story of another abandoned government IT scheme, to set up a combined prison and probation services IT system. After years of changes on the fly (800+), delays and spiraling costs it was abandoned - after taxpayers had forked out £155Million. There have been similar instances in the past but I use this as an example. This just goes to show the levels of incompetence at all levels of government but hey, it's not like they are paying for it personally and they get to keep their jobs even when they screw up big time.

The government agencies regularly sell off personal data to private business too, or just lose it via breaches in their ludicrously lax IT security procedures.

The sad part is, it's us, the citizens, that let them get away with it. The stock answer from many, that we'll vote them out at the next election is laughable as the incoming party will just continue with it and have the same people pulling the strings.

Rant over.....deep breaths.....need more coffee!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It is completely crazy what is happening!!

Also, I read the other day, about a tracking system that will be implemented in airports. Travelers will have to have a (gps) type necklace to wear.......... so their every move can be tracked before they get on a plane...........

I didn't start a thread on it....... because, these things that I am reading about, just makes me ill.........

That movie with Harrison Ford and Farrah Fawcett in the 70's - what was that name? OH "Logan's Run" - we are becoming that world.

Edit: not Harrison Ford (but I thought he was in it too... but Michael York)

So, was that movie foretelling the future at that time?

[edit on 14-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i was gob smacked when i heard about this, i really am stumbled, what do we do as things get worse what are your plans?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
It is completely crazy what is happening!!

Also, I read the other day, about a tracking system that will be implemented in airports. Travelers will have to have a (gps) type necklace to wear.......... so their every move can be tracked before they get on a plane...........

I didn't start a thread on it....... because, these things that I am reading about, just makes me ill.........

That movie with Harrison Ford and Farrah Fawcett in the 70's - what was that name? OH "Logan's Run" - we are becoming that world.

Edit: not Harrison Ford (but I thought he was in it too... but Michael York)

So, was that movie foretelling the future at that time?

[edit on 14-3-2009 by questioningall]

yes, without a doubt

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My mistake, it is not Logan's Run - in the way of "renewing" but of the "chip" factor and Big Brother knowing where you are at all times. Blade runner is the one with Harrison Ford..... that is about the future also.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
My mistake, it is not Logan's Run - in the way of "renewing" but of the "chip" factor and Big Brother knowing where you are at all times. Blade runner is the one with Harrison Ford..... that is about the future also.

logon run was a good example though

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
let me get this straight.

The world is a financial mess, we have drug cartels encroaching from Mexico into the United States, North Korea is trying to launch a "satellite", China is rattling sabers, there are pirates on the open seas and the UK decides in the midst of all of this to enact an ordnance that tracks where law abiding people go and what they do.

This is REALLY going to stop terrorism, really it is.... (/end sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

The sad part is, it's us, the citizens, that let them get away with it.

Truer words was never spoke !

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yup our government is happily beavering away removing freedoms from the law abiding majority in our country whilst letting those that are actually a threat get away with murder

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh boy...

I thought our government hated our freedoms.

My government being the US govt.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Oh boy... I thought our government hated our freedoms. My government being the US govt.

I am sure once this is tried out in the UK the idea will be instituted worldwide. That is how TPTB work.

So please Brits raise a holy stink about this one. And good luck.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Simple and effective solution which I use when dealing with retarded laws... just don't follow them.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
let me get this straight.

The world is a financial mess, we have drug cartels encroaching from Mexico into the United States, North Korea is trying to launch a "satellite", China is rattling sabers, there are pirates on the open seas and the UK decides in the midst of all of this to enact an ordnance that tracks where law abiding people go and what they do.

This is REALLY going to stop terrorism, really it is.... (/end sarcasm)

i think its possible part of the reason is in your comment....the world is a financial mess, many wont be able to pay there taxes or use what they have left to bug out to a 3rd world country, the government is just tracking there money.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
this is ridiculous. who do they think they are?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join