It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driving is a RIGHT, not a Privilege! Carbon tax...up yours.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

a horse drawn carriage could be said to be more dangerous than a horseless vehicle.

That is for sure!. The horse is THE most dangerous animal in regards to man. More people are killed or injured by horses than any other animal. And yes I have managed to be in five carriage accidents. That is more accidents than I have had with a motor vehicle and I have driven a couple million miles by now

Carriages are extremely dangerous because they tip over easily and horses spook. When you ride you have much more control than when you drive.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

nor do we have a need to comply with any law that restricts our use of roadways to move ourselves and our property with carriage or automobile.

]

So now you libertarians want to legalize drunk driving and red light running and do away with speed limits???

I want MORE restrictions on driving. 110 americans are murdered every DAY on the highways in easily preventable crashes. But the idiot american has been brainwashed by the auto industry (which makes a fortune off car crashes) into thinking that criminal driving is cool.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Typical American sense of entitlement. Cars and cell phones aren't a right OR a necessity, not even close. I own neither. Oh yeah, your morning coffee isn't a right either.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

nor do we have a need to comply with any law that restricts our use of roadways to move ourselves and our property with carriage or automobile.

]

So now you libertarians want to legalize drunk driving and red light running and do away with speed limits???

I want MORE restrictions on driving. 110 americans are murdered every DAY on the highways in easily preventable crashes. But the idiot american has been brainwashed by the auto industry (which makes a fortune off car crashes) into thinking that criminal driving is cool.

It's still legal to enforce highway regulation such as stop signs and instuctions, just not mandatory liscenses and fees.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

]

Well that's their issue, so you support big brother and the propaganda being feed to us? You wish to suffer the consequences of letting our government do as they wish with us? The Federal Reserve legally owns us through our SSN as is.

To flip it, right now it's sounding like your tightly attached to these laws and order. In the future, if we can't find a way to peacefully correct our government, the country may start panicking and rioting, then suddenly, where would all these regulations and laws be then? It would be much, much worse.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Tax's for the Road.
For decades now we have been paying road taxes. It is with every gallon of fuel, when we buy a car or truck.
Millions and Millions every day are paid for this , and now they want to tax us more!
A few people are right ,there is a tax revolution coming and then lets see where they are. The government will not be able to put everyone in jail .
I think that they are so far out of touch with what is going on at the normal peoples level that they cannot even see what is coming.
It looks like they will have to learn the way they always learn , the hard way. And it should not ever have to come to this level.

ON this bail out, look at all the people who said NO! do not vote for this. And what did they do. They passed it anyway, this is with almost the whole country saying NO!
Trust is they say. We will fix this. We lie to you all the time, but hey just trust us.
Right ,we just need to set back and trust that you will do what is right!
Do they think we are fools. They must , but we are not.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalu
Tax's for the Road.
For decades now we have been paying road taxes. It is with every gallon of fuel, when we buy a car or truck.
Millions and Millions every day are paid for this , and now they want to tax us more!
A few people are right ,there is a tax revolution coming and then lets see where they are. The government will not be able to put everyone in jail .
I think that they are so far out of touch with what is going on at the normal peoples level that they cannot even see what is coming.
It looks like they will have to learn the way they always learn , the hard way. And it should not ever have to come to this level.

ON this bail out, look at all the people who said NO! do not vote for this. And what did they do. They passed it anyway, this is with almost the whole country saying NO!
Trust is they say. We will fix this. We lie to you all the time, but hey just trust us.
Right ,we just need to set back and trust that you will do what is right!
Do they think we are fools. They must , but we are not.

Fema camps any one? They are not prepared for an uprising... yet.

The sooner we stand up and do something, the better chance we have.

Every one. We all have what information we need; especially the Obama Deception, it's everyone's duty to get the word out by all means possible. Link films and documents where ever you can. Print out papers and dvd's and hand them out to who ever you can get them too.

The states claiming sovereignty can not be sovereign on their own, the state governments need the support of the people. If the people no longer start obeying all of the ridiculous laws, there will be no way to effectively chastise us, be cause there will be no one left to do the chastising.

Standing up comes from people taking the initiative, stop waiting for those next to you to give you the ok. Sure one person wont make a difference alone, but that's why you continue informing the populace.

This is exactly what I'm doing as of yesterday.

Eyes shall open.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I agree that the taxes are absurd.

But to say driving is a right is totally wrong.

There are enough crashes and deaths created by cars as it is. Can you imagine the chaos if there was no licensing procedure??

The beauty of the internet is that you don't have to imagine. Find a city, county, or even a country where this is NOT practiced, and show the statistics of "crashes and deaths" versus the number of people and/or the number of miles driven.

Look it up. The answer may just surprise you.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalu
Tax's for the Road.

This is the part that really gets me. How many people actually realize that we are already paying a road tax though?
This carbon tax crap is a bunch of baloney, the levels of different gases within our atmosphere change over time, it's never stagnant. Solar warming is true cause of our warming solar system, as i'm sure most of you are aware.
Definitely going to pass this around to everybody i know. S&F

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalu

If this is the truth they are not out of touch. TPTB plan to clamp down real tight and get rid of the goats.

The MIAC report specifically describes supporters of 2008 presidential candidates Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr as "militia influenced terrorists" and instructs the Missouri police to be on the lookout for supporters displaying bumper stickers and other paraphernalia associated with the Constitutional, Campaign for Liberty, and Libertarian parties. Source

I have asked some friends to check the above out for truthfullness.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Last time I checked there was no taxes/laws/charges/restrictions/costs involved with walking.

There are restrictions about walking into places.

A curfew can be instituted during times of emergency (which is pretty much at any time).

Restrictions to the ability to travel, such as speed limits, traffic light regulations, etc are simply codes, ordinances and statutes. They are not laws and can be thrown out of court on certain conditions, although that doesn't mean that a cop can't write a ticket. Ironically, holding a driver's license or driving a registered vehicle legally binds you or your vehicle to those restrictions. Parking is always legally binding. In the US, by parking your vehicle, you cause it to physically stop or "stand" in a person's domicile.

Every time I hear about a carbon tax, I just get the urge to literally laugh out loud. Reducing carbon emissions is not going to stop global warming. Sorry.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
the great american dream you have to be at sleep to believe.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hi,

One said:
" Driving is a RIGHT, not a Privilege! "

That is **wrong**. If I remember well, that "old" right
was/is . . . The right to **travel**. . .

When it was decided, I am not sure if highways did even exist
in those days !
Possible ?

U.S. Constitution: Fourteenth Amendment
The Right to Travel
caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

Good ref.?

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
first off "man made global warming"
isnt real
do reasearch
co2 is essential for life on earth
without it
no plants would live
just do research on it

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You have no rights none of us do all we have are temporary privleges that can be revoked by our goverments at any time just ask the law abbiding japanese american citizens from 1942.

I realy get a kick out of taxing smokers if the goverment realy cared about your health they'd be giving away free patches not taxing you to death.

It's all about money and greed. F- the goverment and the rich I hope the whole system collapses or someone brings it down

[edit on 15-3-2009 by wantsome]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I could care less if the government thinks that they can void this out with cover up laws.

I encourage any one to exercise this right. Print this out mass and spread the word and get support from others. I've printed many already and am working towards educating others including my local police department.

I've had an officer from outside my jurisdiction look at this paper and have shown them a couple educational movies of the many we have available. The person was deeply intrigued is going to learn more about these legalities.

I doubt the police like the political bull any more than we do.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
The whole issue about oil is a cover anyway..

Between us and Canada, we have more oil than we are going to need for a century...

I intend on using it as much as I can and can afford...

I don't have a vehicle that gets over 18 MPH.. (Except my Harley and I run it hard as I can)

All I own is a Harley, I wonder how they plan on charging me a carbon tax. It costs about 9 dollars to fill up, so what am I looking at, 1 dollar a month?

Bring it on.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
hell, I'll throw on my helmet and take my four-wheeler with expired tabs down the road.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
...hopefully someone before me has pointed out the obvious that "legaly" speaking and not "emotionaly" speaking.....driving is not a right! Neither is your leaving this Country!

For those of you that are so hell bent on protecting the Constitution and accusing others of not protecting it....understand what is a Constitutional right....and what isn't.

Some of those cases were used to mislead people into believing the op's position. Miranda had nothing to do with this and if Miller is the obsenity case then it doesn't either. You can't pull language out of a case and apply it as if the God's have spoken to anything else but what the issue was for that case. For all we know we were just reading the disenting opinions and not the holdings of the cases I'm not familiar with that were listed.

Where do people get their understanding of our Constitution? I can't stand some of the interpretations that SCOTUS has done at times but I'm not going to tell people my position and claim something is unconstitutional because I say so. What they say...IS....what the law IS. and what the Constitution...IS. We all have issues with that when it goes against what we believe but present it that way and not tell people erronous information.
Do not let Rush or any other political pundit tell you what is Constitutional or not. If you don't have Westlaw which most of you I'm sure don't, you can still google case law, or check out the "OYEZ" website.
Op, your thread should be titled...."Driving 'should' be a RIGHT, not a Privilege." Because I'm sure that some readers are thinking that it is a right now, and they will get into some drunken argument about it some time at a party when the inevitable politics topic comes up....and the poor dude arguing that driving is a constitutional right is going to look like a fool.
Travel within the United States IS a right.......Don't pay your child support and you will believe me when I say that travel outside the United States is a privilege. You are a prisoner here if the government so chooses.....That means no "walking" into Canada or taking a canoe through the boundary waters too! No leaving period!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
hell, I'll throw on my helmet and take my four-wheeler with expired tabs down the road.

That might get a tad uncomfortable.

Trade it in for a Harley, 40-50mpg and depending on what you get, they ride like a caddie.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join