It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling 'Em Out: Bilderbergs, Trilaterals, & CFRs in Obamas Administration

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Gordon Brown was first elected as an MP in 1983. I would love to know your source for him attending a Bilderberg conference in 1975. Students did have generous holidays back then I guess. . . .
Possibly you have confused him with Margaret Thatcher, who did attend the conference in 1975.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thank you Iamonlyhuman & moon for your replies.

Iamonlyhuman, I suppose I need to do a bit more digging myself. I just find is very curious as to why if they are so separate - why is the CCFR hosting the Chicago Council on Global affairs? Shouldn't they support their own website if there is no affiliation?

Again, thanks for your contributions - I appreciate you taking the time put in external source info!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osmoses

Gordon Brown was first elected as an MP in 1983. I would love to know your source for him attending a Bilderberg conference in 1975. Students did have generous holidays back then I guess. . . .
Possibly you have confused him with Margaret Thatcher, who did attend the conference in 1975.

My source is mentioned in my op. It's the Who's Who of the Elite. Link to book on amazon is referenced in the same thread. The book is in excel form and one of the list is sorted with Bilderberg attendees by country.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I fail to see what a 24 year-old student was doing at the Bilderberg conference in 1975. Unless he was babysitting David Cameron.
As an aside, if the Bilderberg group were meeting to decide the fate of the world, do you think anyone would know about it? Isn't it more likely that such a group would meet on the other side of the world when all the 'investigative journalists were trying to sneak into the Bilderbergers' hotel?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Osmoses

You seem to know a lot about this so, I'm curious - where was the '75 meeting held? If you haven't, you should really read Daniel Estulins book - it is the most informative, fact based book out there on the Bilderbergs. The security imposed at these meetings is extensive. They even screen all hotel staff.

I can't possibly give you the reasons of his attendence, only tell you that he was there. It is my personal belief that the Bilderbergs are springboard for a yet even more secret, more Elite group of individuals. The Bilderbergs have too many attendees, too much turnover for there to be any real secrets divulged. But even with that, why the secrecy? They don't even release the meeting place to attendees until shortly before the actual meeting. Source: The True Story of the Bilderbergs.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The 1975 meeting was held in Izmir.
Do you have curtains? Do you ever close them? If so, why the secrecy?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The 1975 meeting was held in Izmir.
Do you have curtains? Do you ever close them? If so, why the secrecy?

I'm personally not fond of sunlight but, that's off topic. I do have the occasional 'gathering' of friends which do not include: Kings, Queens, Princes, Chancellors, Prime Ministers, Presidents, Ambassadors, Secretaries of State, Wall Street investors, international bankers, news media executives and wealthy industrialist.

Media members include:
*Tom Brokaw
*Peter Jennings
*Joseph Harsch -BB, CFR and former commentator for NBC
*Bill Moyers - Former director of CFR and Executive Director of Public Affaris TV
*William F. Buckley, Jr - CFR - Editor-in-Chief of National Review and host of PBS's Firing Line
*Gerald Piel - BB, CFR and former Chairman of Sceientific America
*Henry Anatole Grunwald - BB, CFR, and former Editor-in-Chief of Time, Inc.
*Mortimer Zuckerman -BB & CFR and Chairman & Editor-in-Chief of US *News and World Report, New York Daily News and Atlantic Monthly
*Robert Bartley - BB, CFR, TC and VP of the Wall Street Journal
*Peter Rober Kann - BB, CFR and chairman of Dow Jones & Company, and husband of Karen E. House, CFR
*William Kristol - BB and Editor & Publisher of The Weekly Standard magazine
*Don Cook - BB CFR and formerEuropean Diplomatic Correspondent for the Los Angeles Times
*Robert Leroy Bartley - BB CFR TC and VP of the Wall Street Journal
*Albert Wohlstetter - BB CFR, and writer for the Wall Street Journal
*Thomas Friedman - BB, CFR, TC and columnist for the the New York Times

"Queen" of the media Elite: Katharine Graham BB, CFR, TC and owner, chairwoman of the Executive Committee of the Washington Post. Her husband, Phillip Graham developed 'bi-polor disorder' and was once sedated and flown back to NY. He was later admitted into a psychiatric ward and upon a weekend release at the couples Glen Welby home, he committed suicide. Katharine, after her husbands death, assumed the reins of the company and The Post. Graham was de facto publisher of the newspaper from 1963 onward, formally assuming the title in 1979, and chairman of the board from 1973 to 1991. Graham presided over the Post during a crucial time in American history; Watergate. played an integral role in unveiling the Watergate conspiracy, and ultimately led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.

In 1988, Graham gave a speech at the CIA's Langley, Va. headquarters:

“ We live in a dirty and dangerous world...There are some things the general public does not need to know and shouldn't. I believe democracy flourishes when the government can take legitimate steps to keep its secrets and when the press can decide whether to print what it knows"

In 2001, Graham died as a result of a fall and subsequent head injuries.

In my following post I will give compelling reasons as to why the Bilderbergs 'keep their curtains closed.'

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

In 1988, Graham gave a speech at the CIA's Langley, Va. headquarters:

“ We live in a dirty and dangerous world...There are some things the general public does not need to know and shouldn't. I believe democracy flourishes when the government can take legitimate steps to keep its secrets and when the press can decide whether to print what it knows"

In 2001, Graham died as a result of a fall and subsequent head injuries.

13 years? Still 'they' got her eventually I suppose. . . .
I still find it extremely unlikely that Gordon Brown attended at the age of 24. Does your source say what his speech was about?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It seem Grodon Brown has always been an intelligent over achiever. He attended Edinburgh University at the age of 15. During 1976 -1980 he was a lecturer of politics at Glasbow College Tech. I did some research and couldn't find much information as to what he ws doing in 1975. Also, I skimmed both of my source books for this thread and couldn't find any specific mention of details concerning the 1975 meetings.

Thank you for your question. As seems to happen a lot when you start poking around, on any subject really, questions beget more questions. While doing the research to answer your question I stumbled upon a geneology website with curious results. Seems Gordon Brown has close, blood ties to the Masons. So much so his great-grandfathers last name was indeed Mason. Here's a snippet from the site:

A link with the land is only a small part of Brown's history. When taking a look at the families into which the Browns married, it is possible to discern an upwardly mobile and possibly capitalist streak, particularly when one considers the background of his paternal grandmother, Rachel Mavor.

Bah, here's the rest of snippet, can't get it to load the whole quote:

"She was the daughter of James Mavor, born in 1847 and working at the time of his marriage in 1870 as a mason - thereby following in his father David's footsteps - although he had trained to be a grocer.

By the start of the following decade, James had established himself in business, employing 17 men and three boys in his construction firm in Dysart, Fife. The late 19th century saw a boom in house-building and Mavor was clearly the type of man to capitalise on the opportunity provided by circumstance.

On the maternal side of the family tree, it is possible to pick out some more creative individuals. Gordon Brown's maternal grandfather, John Souter, was a timber merchant - again, someone who raised himself above the level of his forebears.

John's father, John Henderson Souter, worked as a mason, but a generation further back the link with wood can be re-established: William Souter, Brown's great-grandfather, found employment in his native Kearn, Aberdeenshire, as a carpenter.

There is also a secret lurking in this quadrant of the family tree. John Henderson Souter's father-in-law - another great-grandfather of Brown's - appears to be the illegitimate, son of Alexander James Mason, an English surgeon practising in Scotland in the 1840s and 1850s."

Family Detective

Edit: Tech difficulties

[edit on 3/16/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So, when does your source say that Tony Blair attended a conference? And how many times has Brown allegedly attended?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here are some compelling reasons secrecy shrouds the Bilderbergs. Here are the things we know, who knows the depth of the impact of things we don't know.

The following is reprinted with permission from the publisher TrineDay from The True Story of the Bilderberg Group by Daniel Estulin. Pages 46-48.

• The Bilderbergers took the decision for the US to establish formal relations with China before Nixon’s administration made it a public policy.

• At a meeting in Saltsjobaden, Sweden, in 1973, the Bilderbergers agreed to increase the price of oil to $12 a barrel, a 350% jump meant to create economic chaos in the US and Western Europe, in order to prp up the oil corporations’ sagging fortunes. The perceived oil shortage formed part of the backdrop of the staged Arab-Israeli war, and provided a cover for the formal endorsement of major price agreements negotiated prior to the outbreak of the war.

• In 1983, the Bilderbergers got a secret promise out of the then “ultraconservative” President Ronald Reagan to transfer 50 billion dollars of American taxpayers’ money to Third World and Communist countries through its favorite conduits, the IMF and the World Bank. That pledge was more than kept, and became known as the “Brady Plan.”

• The Bilderbergers orchestrated the decision to get rid of Margaret Thatcher as British Prime Minister, because she opposed the willing hand-over of British sovereignty to the European Super State designed by the Buiderbergers. And we all watched incredulously as her own party sold her out in favor of the Bilderberg poodle, John Major.

• In 1985, the Bilderbergers agreed to give full support to the Strategic Defence Initiative (Star Wars), long before it became the official policy of the U.S. government.

• At their 1990 meeting at Glen Cove, Long Island, New York, they decided that taxes had to be raised to pay more towards the debt owed to the international bankers. Bilderberg luminary, President George H. W. Bush, signed off on the tax-hiking “budget agreements” in 1990, and it lost him the election.

• At the 1992 meetings, the group debated the possibility of conditioning the public into accepting the idea of a UN Army that could, through the use of force, interfere in the internal policy and conflict resolution of sovereign nations. This Bilderberger proposal was given front-page coverage by two of Canada’s leading periodicals, the Toronto Star and the National Post, during the 2006 meeting in Ottawa.

• The multimillion-dollar sale of Ontario Hydro, owned at the time by Canadian government, was discussed for the first time at the Bilderberg meeting in King City in 1996. Shortly after, Ontario Hydro was broken up into five independent companies and privatized.

• Starting at the 1996 meeting and continuing through 1998, Kosovo fell under the microscope of the Bilderbergers when they discussed the formation of a greater Albanian state following “trusteeship” of an “independent” Kosovo, the dismemberment of Yugoslavia (by the return of its northern province, which has 350,000 ethnic Hungarians, to Hungary) as part of a general re-drawing of borders in the region (calculated to continue regional instability and conflict), and the reconstruction of billions of dollars of destroyed regional infrastructure at western taxpayers’ expense.

• Leaked reports from the 2002 meetings stated that the war in Iraq had been delayed until March 2003,, at a time when every newspaper in the world was expecting the attack to be launched in the summer/fall of 2002.

• In, 1999, Kenneth Clarke MP, Martin S. Feldstein, resident of the National Bureau of Economic Research, Stanley Fisher, deputy managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Ottmar Issing, board member of the European Central Bank Jean-Claude Trichet, governor of the Bank of France discussed “Dollarization” as the next step after the single European currency.

• The Bilderbergers have discussed the formation of an Asian bloc under the leadership of Japan, with free trade, a single currency and a political union similar to the European Union.

• The splintering of Canada as a step toward an American Union was originally scheduled for 1997, but unexpected media coverage in the Toronto Star, Canada’s most popular daily newspaper, during the 1996 meeting in King City, at least forced the group to postpone their plan. The proposed breakup of Canada was described in several books on the subject, including “New World Order Corruption in Canada”, a collection of essays edited by Robert O’Driscoll and Elizabeth Elliott (Saigon Press, 1994)

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So, when does your source say that Tony Blair attended a conference? And how many times has Brown allegedly attended?

Mine only shows attendees up until 1999. It shows Blair attended in 1993. The Bilderberger Book is a lot more up to date, copyright 2007. The book makes serveral mentions of Blair, but almost as if he's truly trying to buck the system. Here's some quotes from the book, again reprinted with permission from TrineDay.

• Every U.S. president since “Ike” Eisenhower has belonged to the Bilderberg Group, not that they have all attended the meetings personally, but all have sent their representatives. Another member is now ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair, as well as most of the principal members of the British government. Even Canada’s high-profile past Prime Minister, Pierre Trudaeau, was a member. Past Bilderberg invitees are Alan Greenspan, former Chairman of the Federal Reserve; Hillary and Bill Clinton; John Kerry; Melinda and Bill Gates, and Richard Perle. Pg. 22
• British nationalism is another cause for Bilderberg concern. In 1998 at the Turnburry, Scotland meetings, British Prime Minister Tony Blair was lectured like a naughty schoolboy for not doing enough to bring Britain into the common currency. According to a source of investigative journalist Jim Tucker, “Blair assured Bilderberg members that Britain would join, but he first had to resolve ‘political problems’ because of a ‘surge of nationalism’ at home. Pg. 29
• Tony Blair attended the Bilderberg meeting in 1993, became party leader in July 1994 and elected Prime Minister in May 1997. Pg 34
• Bilderberg Meeting 2005; May 5-8, Rottach-Egern, Bavaria, Germany. While Bush, Blair, Chirac, Berlusconi and Company attended the G8 summit of the world’s foremost democratically elected leaders, they were accompanied by the massed ranks of world media. In stark contrast, the comings and goings at Bilderberg took place under cover of a virtual publicity blackout.

EU Referendum in France: The first day was dominated by talk of EU referendum in France and whether Chirac could persuade France to vote Yes on May 29. A Yes vote, according to sources within Bilderberg would put a lot of pressure on Tony Blair to finally deliver Britain into the waiting arms of the New World Order through their own referendum on the treaty scheduled for 2006. Matthias Nass wondered out loud whether a No vote in France could cause political turmoil in Europe and overshadow Britain’s six-month EU presidency starting on July1. Bilderbergers hoped that Blair and Chirac, whose at times open animosity has spilled into a public arena on more than one occasion, could work together for mutual benefit and political survival. Another European Bilderberger added that both leaders must put behind them as quickly as possible all past disputes on such topics as Iraq, the liberalization of Europe’s economy and the future of budget rebate Britain receives from the EU and work towards complete European integration, which could disintegrate if France’s often “hard-headed and obstinate people” in the words of a British Bilderberger, did not do the right thing, meaning give up voluntarily their independence for the “greater good” of a Federal European super state!

A German Bilderberger inside said that France’s “Yes” vote was in trouble because of the “outsourcing of jobs. Jobs in Germany and France are going to Asia and Poland.” [to take advantage of cheap labor]. Poland was one of the former Communist republics that have been admitted to the European Union bringing the total membership to 25 nations. A German politician wondered out loud how Tony Blair should go about convincing Britons to embrace the European Constitution, when due to the outsourcing of jobs, both Germany and France were suffering a 10% unemployment while Britain was doing well economically. The French electorate handily rejected EU membership. Pg 302 & 303

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Tony Blair did not attend the 1998 Bilderberg meeting in Turnberry. George Robertson did.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Osmoses

I don't see where I said Blair attended in 1998; I stated he attended in 1993.

Edit: Second Line

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

• British nationalism is another cause for Bilderberg concern. In 1998 at the Turnburry, Scotland meetings, British Prime Minister Tony Blair was lectured like a naughty schoolboy for not doing enough to bring Britain into the common currency. According to a source of investigative journalist Jim Tucker, “Blair assured Bilderberg members that Britain would join, but he first had to resolve ‘political problems’ because of a ‘surge of nationalism’ at home. Pg. 29

This seems to say that Blair was there in 1998. Which he wasn't. He certainly attended the 1993 conference as did Kenneth Clarke. I'm sure your researchers make quite a big deal of the 'controversy' that ensued after.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Osmoses

I have no personal means of confirming or denying Tony Blairs attendance in 1998. I thought since that paragraph followed:

"not that they have all attended the meetings personally, but all have sent their representatives. "

That he was speaking through an envoy. Again, I have no personal means to verify or denying attendee dates.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well, the comment about sending representatives in your post is part of a sentence about US presidents. If you intend it to refer to others, you should probably edit that part.
I don't see how Blair could have been 'lectured like a naughty schoolboy', or 'assured Bilderberg members that Britain would join' unless he was present. I would suggest that either Tucker is being 'creative' or his source is being mischievous.
Tony Blair attended the 1993 conference, it's on public record. No such record exists for his attendance in 1998.
Back to Gordon Brown, even Bilderberg.org states that it is highly unusual for the group to invite anyone under the age of 35.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Osmoses]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Osmoses

I follow your logic however, the paragraph in question does mention others besides US presidents; here it is for review:

Every U.S. president since “Ike” Eisenhower has belonged to the Bilderberg Group, not that they have all attended the meetings personally, but all have sent their representatives. Another member is now ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair, as well as most of the principal members of the British government. Even Canada’s high-profile past Prime Minister, Pierre Trudaeau, was a member. Past Bilderberg invitees are Alan Greenspan, former Chairman of the Federal Reserve; Hillary and Bill Clinton; John Kerry; Melinda and Bill Gates, and Richard Perle. Pg. 22

As far as Gordon, I'll stick to my source and note as indeed above statement he did many things before others... Does Edinburgh University routinely take students of 15 years of age?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Your loyalty to your sources is admirable. I wonder how many other University students are listed as attendees by Tucker et al? I assume Brown paid for his ticket himself? Must have been expensive for a student.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Osmoses

Quote by Osmoses: "He certainly attended the 1993 conference as did Kenneth Clarke. I'm sure your researchers make quite a big deal of the 'controversy' that ensued after. "

You've got my curiosity piqued, can you elaborate?

I am worn out from this thread lol But, I've learned some things along the way. It's good to question everything. The longtimers on ATS have shown us newer members the vaule of not just reading a posters information but to also scruitize the source. You're only as reliable as your source. Personally, I would never make such bold claims without reliable sources.

My source for the last half of this thread has been of course, Daniel Estulin. Seriously, if you have one iota of interest in the matter this is a great read. As a journalist he really put himself out there. One of the things I like most about the book is the pictures. He has pictures in the book of the attendees at the 3005 and 2006 meetings, including *surprise* David Rockefeller. It also has some eeire creepy (in my opinon) pictures of JP Morgan.

Since you and I have had this long dialog, I don't mind sharing some of my personal thoughts on the Bilderbergers. I think this group could be a springboard or information gathering/ order dissemination for the very truly Elite (Rothschilds.) I've heard or read somewhere along the line that even David Rockefeller is a pawn. They could pull his wealth in a heart beat. No way to know the true meaning of it all, but with such Elite who are out of touch with how the other 99% of us live day to day controlling vital government, industrial, media, scientific research, and medical issues without openess to the very public to whom it effects, this bothers me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join