It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 2nd 2009 Texas UFO Filmed with Hi-Def camera needs analysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Very interesting report from Mufon and I wanted to share with everyone.

"After coming back from a late lunch to my office, I noticed what appeared to be a bright star or light in the Eastern portion of the sky. I work in a camera store, so I grabbed a Canon video HiDef video camera and filmed the object for several minutes. Once I got a fix on the object and zoomed in, it appeared to be diamond shaped. It's coloring was a translucent pinkish blue and white. I thought it could be a reaction to the auto focus of the camera. So I zoomed in and out several times, but the object always kept the same shape. After zooming out one last time, I couldn't find it again, and the bright light in the Eastern part of the sky was gone. "

Anyone throw some ideas out to what this may be?

Here is the high definition video

March 2nd 2009 Texas UFO

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm downloading now.

I hope it's not just Venus, because 255mb is a lot for Venus

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The diamond im pretty much betting will be Venus.
Lately its been all over the sky and exceptionally bright.
Its been freaking people out since the dawn of man

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen

THe funny thing is, he is filming this and it is midday. Almost impossible to be Venus.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
No it isn't.
You can sometimes see Venus in the day.
www.ngc7000.org...
bongo69.files.wordpress.com...
www.cyberwitch.com...
And when you zoom through the smog, it looks like a diamond and even an eye.
Ive been through this like 9 years ago, I thought the death star was following me

Also how it appears, depends on the angle of sunlight reflection.
If its the diamond shape you speak of, there is no point downloading your video.
Because there is 100 on youtube of the same planet.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by BorgHoffen]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

It doesn't have to be Venus. Any bright point that is zoomed in on will create the diamond effect. It's just the way cameras work, although I'm sure someone can give a more technical response as to why.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Depends on what type of camera is being used. Most high end professional HD cameras do not have the same type of lens apperature as consumer cameras do, plus the CCD imagers are not combined imagers like those in consumer cameras, they are seperate RGB CCD imagers, each with their own filter and looking through a very precisely aligned prisim assembly to split the incomming light into its 3 respective color bands.

Will analyze and let you know.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Why is it that the people with the great camera's only ever catch ... stars... Sigh

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Reviewing the video, when the image is zoomed out, looks like Venus. Zoomed in, and out of focus, its the apperature in the lens assembly (diamond shape).

If it were a professional HD camera the camera should have been able to focus in on it. The procedure on all professional cameras to focus is to zoom in on the target, focus, then zoom out, which the lens assembly maintains the focus through the entire zoom range...called "backfocus".

Welp...sorry to say, looks like you got a nice HD video of Venus zoomed out and the lens apperature (iris shutter) opening when zoomed in (diamond shape).

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Sounds perfectly logical.....

2nd line

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Yeah seems to be Venus.

They've done well to spot it at least.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Originally posted by BorgHoffen

THe funny thing is, he is filming this and it is midday. Almost impossible to be Venus.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by kdial1]

Actually Venus has been visible during Mid-day for quite a while. It has been that way since the end of January.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by kdial1

It doesn't have to be Venus. Any bright point that is zoomed in on will create the diamond effect. It's just the way cameras work, although I'm sure someone can give a more technical response as to why.

I'm still waiting for the download.... having trouble with it, but so far the talk of a diamond makes me think of the zooming problem that Xcalibur has mentioned. I have seen it sooooo many times. As soon as I can make out that video I'll write back with more.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

All I'm getting is a blank page. It says it is done on the bottom and I have refreshed it a few times. Anyone got an idea why nothing is coming out? Dang it all I hate computers sometimes.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

Right click and save as.

You will also need Quicktime to view it.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo
reply to post by kdial1

All I'm getting is a blank page. It says it is done on the bottom and I have refreshed it a few times. Anyone got an idea why nothing is coming out? Dang it all I hate computers sometimes.

Check your browser temp folder for it. Its a .mov file, viewable with either quicktime player or VLC player.

File name is 15852_submitter_file1_UFOH264.mov

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
i wait, then i get a blank page. jotech is not happy.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jotech

Right click and save as.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Alienmojo

Right click and save as.

Oh dopey me! I just clicked on the link... I didn't right click and save it first. Oh man... will I ever understand computers.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Originally posted by Alienmojo
reply to post by kdial1

Check your browser temp folder for it. Its a .mov file, viewable with either quicktime player or VLC player.

File name is 15852_submitter_file1_UFOH264.mov

Cheers!!!!

Thanks again Mr. Burns. I can always rely on you to help.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join