It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leatherman EDC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

I gotsta get me one
It really bugged me when they stopped making them. Then people wanted an arm and a leg and a left testicle for one.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What Knife ? Do you mean my EDC knives ?
If so its my Cold Steel Large Voyager Tanto,or
My Cold steel Extra Large Voyager Tanto, Or my Cold Steel large voyager clip point, or my Blade Tech Hunter Lite.

The fist image linked of that Gerber knife looked to have quit a bit of functions and lightweight.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Gerber Slide-Lock Multi-Tool. Mine is about 12 years old. I'd love to replace it but it works too well and I can't justify a new one. It looks like the case for it is going to wear out long before it does.

Kinda like PCs yeah get one that,s great then 6 months later they come out with something 5 times faster and better.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleKnowledge
What Knife ? Do you mean my EDC knives ?
If so its my Cold Steel Large Voyager Tanto,or
My Cold steel Extra Large Voyager Tanto, Or my Cold Steel large voyager clip point, or my Blade Tech Hunter Lite.

The fist image linked of that Gerber knife looked to have quit a bit of functions and lightweight.

The first link I posted was the Gerber Artifact a keychain or neck tool, only about ten bucks to buy, second was a Blade Tech Hunter Lite

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have more leatherman style tools then any body I personally know. Some were cheap some were not even close to cheap.

I am a firm believer in the usefulness of the multitool. I keep one on my hip at all times and there is pretty much one with in easy reach of ware ever I may happen to be on my property or in my vehicles.

In my humble opinion a knife and a multitool are indispensable for every day living as well as survival.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestions and contributing.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I carry my Leatherman in a Pock-its pouch. The pouch also holds a flashlight, lighter, nail clippers, a thumb drive, a small adjustable wrench, a sharpie, and a pen. I can also clip my keys to it instead of putting them in a pocket or a belt loop.

The pliers funtion of the leatherman or multitools works well, but more often than not I've found when using it I needed something else to hold the nut or bolt.

Spiritowl

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Spiritowl have you thought of putting a bootable O.S. on your thumb drive?

2nd line

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Good idea the bootable OS. Right now its just scanned copies of paperwork, licenses and such.

Spiritowl

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I recommend Sabayon Linux I have tried this O.S. before but not made a bootable usb yet.Not as easy as Windows sometime but free,fun and possibly more safer. How to make bootable usb

top topics

<< 1   >>

join