It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are secret society hand-"signs" a mark of the beast?

page: 1
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Revelation 13:11-17, Bible In Basic English:

11 And I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and his voice was like that of a dragon.

12 And he makes use of all the authority of the first beast before his eyes. And he makes the earth and those who are in it give worship to the first beast, whose death-wound was made well.

13 And he does great signs*, even making fire come down from heaven on the earth before the eyes of men.

14 And those who are on the earth are turned from the true way by him through the signs* which he was given power to do before the beast; giving orders to those who are on the earth to make an image to the beast, who was wounded by the sword, and came to life.

15 And he had power to give breath to the image of the beast, so that words might come from the image of the beast, and that he might have all those who did not give worship to the image of the beast put to death.

16 And he gives to all, small and great, the poor and those who have wealth, the free and those who are not free, a mark on their right hand or on their brows;

17 So that no man might be able to do trade but he who has the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. He who has knowledge let him get the number of the beast; because it is the number of a man: and his number is Six hundred and sixty-six.


"Signs" appears in the King James version as "miracles," a translation of the Greek word σημεια, which means a display of supernatural power. Secret society handsigns, which symbolize either Baphomet or the power of the groups thereof, can usually be described as such.

Many people only join secret societies out of frustration, either with feeling excluded or with their careers.


[edit on 13-3-2009 by vcwxvwligen]




posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Many people only join secret societies out of frustration, either with feeling excluded or with their careers.


I believe that many people make specious and/or misleading statements about them for just the same reasons.



posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen
 


Give you props on the thinking but I don't honestly feel like hand signs are the mark of the beast.

Secret Societies don't just let Hillbilly Joes into their organizations. And with the theories about not being able to pretty much live without the mark of the beast, you know can't buy provisions, I really can't see that those being the mark.



posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Many people only join secret societies out of frustration, either with feeling excluded or with their careers.


I believe that many people make specious and/or misleading statements about them for just the same reasons.


And many become anti-social for those reasons.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
IMO, Credit Scores are the only thing in modern society ... perhaps ever actually... that come close to the Mark of the Beast. Because, when it is lower than 650's (666?) you have a harder time purchasing (especially now eh?)... also barcode systems are all that junk. Just my opinion of course.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
reply to post by vcwxvwligen
 


Give you props on the thinking but I don't honestly feel like hand signs are the mark of the beast.

Secret Societies don't just let Hillbilly Joes into their organizations. And with the theories about not being able to pretty much live without the mark of the beast, you know can't buy provisions, I really can't see that those being the mark.



If that's in reference to verse 16, not all poor people are hillbillies, and I'm convinced that a few hillbillies do get to join a secret society, or at least are in awesome fear of them.

There are secret society signs (albeit not handsigns) on the dollar bill, so there you go.

There was a coin labeled "Two and a Half" with the passgrip of a Master Mason, so it is possible to actually have a handsign on money.



posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
IMO, Credit Scores are the only thing in modern society ... perhaps ever actually... that come close to the Mark of the Beast. Because, when it is lower than 650's (666?) you have a harder time purchasing (especially now eh?)... also barcode systems are all that junk. Just my opinion of course.



Someone with a bad credit score could still trade using cash. As matter of fact, that's the preferred method of payment even for many people with good credit.

What do you think the reinforced suitcases are for?



posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm confused.

How exactly does signs = miracles = Baphomet = secret society gestures?

That's a pretty dubious path you've trodden there, dude, with some extremely tenuous linkages...



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here we go again with this guy....

For some people the hoodwink is perfectly fixed to their skulls...



posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Who are you referring to, dude?



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark
 


I am fairly certain he is refering to the Original Poster.



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
I'm confused.

How exactly does signs = miracles = Baphomet = secret society gestures?

That's a pretty dubious path you've trodden there, dude, with some extremely tenuous linkages...



Read it again



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen
 


"Secret society handsigns, which symbolize either Baphomet or the power of the groups thereof, can usually be described as such. "

no, you read it again. Where did it give you this information? How do you arrive at the statement that secret society handsigns sybolize baphomet? Either you read it on www.ihatemasons.org, or you just made it up. Have you folks run out of ammo that you have to make stuff up 100% of the time instead of the usual 50%? And to boot, you opened up you sweeping statement to all secret societies. so when the loyal order of Moose gives the "moose antler" sign, they are actually praying to the devil? Your mind must be a very strange place to be.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Mason mike]



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mason mike
reply to post by vcwxvwligen
 


"Secret society handsigns, which symbolize either Baphomet or the power of the groups thereof, can usually be described as such. "

no, you read it again. Where did it give you this information? How do you arrive at the statement that secret society handsigns sybolize baphomet? Either you read it on www.ihatemasons.org, or you just made it up. Have you folks run out of ammo that you have to make stuff up 100% of the time instead of the usual 50%? And to boot, you opened up you sweeping statement to all secret societies. so when the loyal order of Moose gives the "moose antler" sign, they are actually praying to the devil? Your mind must be a very strange place to be.



You didn't read it yourself, I see.



posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
OK dude... I'll read it again.


Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Revelation 13:11-17, Bible In Basic English:

11 And I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and his voice was like that of a dragon.

12 And he makes use of all the authority of the first beast before his eyes. And he makes the earth and those who are in it give worship to the first beast, whose death-wound was made well.

13 And he does great signs*, even making fire come down from heaven on the earth before the eyes of men.

14 And those who are on the earth are turned from the true way by him through the signs* which he was given power to do before the beast; giving orders to those who are on the earth to make an image to the beast, who was wounded by the sword, and came to life.

15 And he had power to give breath to the image of the beast, so that words might come from the image of the beast, and that he might have all those who did not give worship to the image of the beast put to death.

16 And he gives to all, small and great, the poor and those who have wealth, the free and those who are not free, a mark on their right hand or on their brows;

17 So that no man might be able to do trade but he who has the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. He who has knowledge let him get the number of the beast; because it is the number of a man: and his number is Six hundred and sixty-six.


Clearly, as you have already said, the "signs" performed by the Beast are miracles and supernatural phenomenon.


Originally posted by vcwxvwligen"Signs" appears in the King James version as "miracles," a translation of the Greek word σημεια, which means a display of supernatural power.


That is correct. Good work.


Originally posted by vcwxvwligenSecret society handsigns, which symbolize either Baphomet or the power of the groups thereof, can usually be described as such.


Now here's where you run off into general gibberish. Which signs? Which secret societies? Their secret signs symbolise Baphomet? Where did you get this?? What is the connection?? Why would members of secret societies go around making symbols for Baphomet in the first place?


Originally posted by vcwxvwligenMany people only join secret societies out of frustration, either with feeling excluded or with their careers.


Ah, and here is your prejudice for all to see. You have a negative impression of secret societies, for whatever reason, and you have made a generalisation about the reasons for their members joining up.

Dude, no offense, but your original post and its preposition have no value whatsoever, because no one knows what you are talking about. Again, which societies? Which signs?

How could you have made such a pedestrian, obtuse linkage between the word "sign" (which you have already stated means miracles and displays of supernatural power) and the hand gestures of secret societies???? You have defeated your own argument!!

What gives?



posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Clearly, as you have already said, the "signs" performed by the Beast are miracles and supernatural phenomenon.

That is not what I said. Your use of the phrase "the Beast" is deceptive, and a clear attempt to appease practitioners of secret socieities which worship "the Beast."


Now here's where you run off into general gibberish. Which signs? Which secret societies? Their secret signs symbolise Baphomet? Where did you get this?? What is the connection?? Why would members of secret societies go around making symbols for Baphomet in the first place?

If you don't know what a handsign is, I suggest you look it up on a search engine.


Ah, and here is your prejudice for all to see. You have a negative impression of secret societies, for whatever reason, and you have made a generalisation about the reasons for their members joining up.

Secret societies don't "build men." They build the hegemony.


How could you have made such a pedestrian, obtuse linkage between the word "sign" (which you have already stated means miracles and displays of supernatural power) and the hand gestures of secret societies???? You have defeated your own argument!!

Nope. Your negative characterization of my arguments show prejudice.



posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Originally posted by Roark
Clearly, as you have already said, the "signs" performed by the Beast are miracles and supernatural phenomenon.

That is not what I said.



Uhh, you kinda did, bro...


Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
"Signs" appears in the King James version as "miracles," a translation of the Greek word σημεια, which means a display of supernatural power.


Gawd, I feel like I'm on crazy pills...


Originally posted by vcwxvwligenYour use of the phrase "the Beast" is deceptive, and a clear attempt to appease practitioners of secret socieities which worship "the Beast.".


How was I being deceptive??? And why would I want to appease secret societies that worship "the Beast". I'm not even aware of any that worship "the Beast"!! Can you name any? Enlighten me as to these people that I'm apparently appeasing...


Originally posted by vcwxvwligenIf you don't know what a handsign is, I suggest you look it up on a search engine.


I know what a handsign is, you peanut. I'm asking you: which specific handsigns symbolise Baphomet? Show us. Use your precious search engine to find an example. As it stands, you original claim has not been demonstrated and it looks like you've pulled it out of thin air.


Originally posted by vcwxvwligenNope. Your negative characterization of my arguments show prejudice.


Uhh, I am prejudiced against garbage linkages and shocking research. Guilty as charged.

Look man, I have nothing against you at all. I really enjoy the discourse on these forums. But you've gotta present facts and back them up if you expect anyone to take you seriously.

eg: What do signs/miracles/supernatural displays of power performed by the Beast of Revelations have to do with secret society hand gestures?

You are taking "signs" as meaning two very different things:

1. Hand signs. Gestures.

2. Miracles and supernatural displays of power.

There is note necessarily any linkage between these two just because the English word "sign" can be incorporated into each concept.

That's like me taking the word "rose" and saying that a rose flower has the same meaning as ascension/rising ("he/she/it rose into the air"). It's just gibberish, mate.



So, in conclusion, I look forward to being educated further by you on this topic when you present some specifics, examples and facts.



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Some people feel the secret sign of the hidden hand which Stalin makes in the photo below had such power that it made poor Commissar Yezhov completely disappear !




Source : Wikipedia



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
Some people feel the secret sign of the hidden hand which Stalin makes in the photo below had such power that it made poor Commissar Yezhov completely disappear !



files.abovetopsecret.com...
Source : Wikipedia



I guess this is part of your "No Commissars" theory?



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
That is not what I said.



Uhh, you kinda did, bro...

Nope, that was an inference, not a direct quote. And I'm not your "bro"



How was I being deceptive??? And why would I want to appease secret societies that worship "the Beast". I'm not even aware of any that worship "the Beast"!! Can you name any? Enlighten me as to these people that I'm apparently appeasing...

Freemasonry includes worship of The Beast.



I know what a handsign is, you peanut. I'm asking you: which specific handsigns symbolise Baphomet? Show us. Use your precious search engine to find an example. As it stands, you original claim has not been demonstrated and it looks like you've pulled it out of thin air.

Ok, now you're being facetious




Originally posted by vcwxvwligenNope. Your negative characterization of my arguments show prejudice.


Uhh, I am prejudiced against garbage linkages and shocking research. Guilty as charged.

Too bad the lodge hasn't taught you anything about etiquette.



Look man, I have nothing against you at all. I really enjoy the discourse on these forums. But you've gotta present facts and back them up if you expect anyone to take you seriously.

eg: What do signs/miracles/supernatural displays of power performed by the Beast of Revelations have to do with secret society hand gestures?

I already explained that.



You are taking "signs" as meaning two very different things:

1. Hand signs. Gestures.

2. Miracles and supernatural displays of power.

There is note necessarily any linkage between these two just because the English word "sign" can be incorporated into each concept.

That's like me taking the word "rose" and saying that a rose flower has the same meaning as ascension/rising ("he/she/it rose into the air"). It's just gibberish, mate.

I suppose the use of the word "profane" is just gibberish as well. Maybe I'm not "squared," "on the level," and "on the same page" with you.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join