It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Penalty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If you are the one who pulls the lever, then didn't you murder the murderer, if so do you get the death penalty... could lead to a short lived society.
I have always believed we should enact a Lord of the Flies crime and punishment... Buy an Island Fence it off and put criminals there. No threat to rest of society... Wait a minute I think that was done, just without the fences...

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have one question, should insane murderers be sentenced to death?

XAOS

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Let's face it...sane people don't go around killing people. What's the alternative? Institutionalize them for life? Bottom line is, every case of murder has different circumstances. It really all depends. For example, a child who kills his brother, and is not mentally well, is then treated for years, and is able to live a normal life. His punishment is living with the fact that he killed his brother, etc., but at least his parents only lost one child. Then, compare that to Charlie Manson (who is totally insane, but who everyone believes should die). Just all depends...

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What is insanity, really?

XAOS

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There are many levels and classifications of insanity, and one solution does not fit all of the levels and classifications. Each case has to be evaluated individually, before determining punishment. Nobody ever said it was easy...

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I mean really, what is insanity? Is it seeing things that aren't there, talking to people who aren't there, what?

XAOS

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
it's living in your own world, to the degree that you ignore the world around you, or at least, twist it to fit your own reality...but of course, it's easy to assign this definition to others too, hehe....

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
But aren't we all living in our own world inside our heads? We believe what we want, see what we want and hear what we want. Crazyness is only a divergence from the non-existant norm. How do you know that you yourself are not crazy, that several of your friends aren't real, that your whole world isn't real, that I'm not real, that you're not real? etc... hmmm...

XAOS

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
But when that otherworld leads to mass murder...maybe it's gone a bit too far, huh?

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
then they should be incarcerated in an institution.

XAOS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join