It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G3-A3 I used to have them. Schould i rearm in it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So all of you gun lovers here' s my question:

I used to have a few of those lying around.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/81aa5e0b0cc4e9ea.png[/atsimg]

Although i have retracted to a nice and quiet life now (well nice and quite inmidst a global crisis is an overstatement...) i used to be more than familiar with G3A3s.

So assuming that there is a reason for all of rearmament taking place in the US just now by the civilians, what do you think?

Should i rearm with a couple or so G3A3s?
They are readily available at no cost to me.

Just wanna see your thoughts on the arm, its abilities and whether its a best choice today.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

If they're readily available at no cost, what can it hurt? Spare parts are everywhere, the Mexican Army still uses them, so I'm sure there are plenty available for sale if you speak Spanish.

Plus, you can pick up 20rd mags for $5 instead of $25 for an 30rd AR-mag. As long as you have a supply for 762x51, I'd say go for it, but that's just me.

Best case, you don't need it but have it. Worst case, you will need it and are glad that you've got it.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
We use(d) those in the army in Norway, but now they are replacing it with the HK416.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BenDozer

Yes i admire the fact that they were and are used in various armies around the world.

But here is the basis of my question and that goes for mkiii too:

The gun is slowly being replaced by new breeds. However this gun is used in the army still today. It is a classIII gun not intended for civilians. Is it still not much better than the new civilian alternatives?

These guns are not allowed wondering around normaly and cost is not really an issue when taking on such decisions. You cannot cost safety...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
Should i rearm with a couple or so G3A3s?
They are readily available at no cost to me.

I think you should definitely start playing Battlefield 2 again.

Maybe you can duel-wield fire them into chemtrails

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
lol but no!
I a not sure about chemtrails.....but games are over for me untill i play with my kids that is. Too be honest i preffer keeping away of the weapons nowadays but you never know. Being familiar with a weapon is just one thing. Hence the discussion!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
My personal opinion: You want a gun that you are familiar with. You need to know how it will function and how to fix any malfunctions in a jif. Why learn a new one when you already know a dang good one?

This is all, of course, assuming that you are legally acquiring these, because an illegal machine gun is not one of those things that I would want to have lying around. Too much risk. Too much prison time.

Edit: Oops, forgot to weigh in on the G3 vs new civilian alternatives. So the G3 is a fine rifle that I would feel confident carrying. You could go with a SR-25 from Knights and have more accuracy and the same amount of 762 rounds, but you will go to semi-auto instead of full, mag prices are significantly more, and there aren't as many spares lying around. Jamming, maintenance, accuracy is all about the same for a G3, M1, Ar10.

If you're looking at defending over a distance, say 50-500 yds, the G3A3 is fine. If you are thinking CQB, look for something a little more maneuverable indoors, collapsible stock and a short barrel (11.5-12.5") if you want. so basically, make it a G3K.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by mkiii]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mkiii

Thank you,

it seems that i get confirmation that i am on the right track.

Do not worry i will not be getting the G3 (k as prefferd by myself too) since there is no reason just now. I can have it quite legally though if i deside i require it. As for parts stock we produce them in my country along with the cpmplete gun so you can understand that i will have more than an abundance on everything including ...tons of bullets!

Farewell.

Just to make something clear to interested parties.
This gun is not legal to citizens neither its trade in any form.

top topics

join