It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Explorers Club

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I was randomly surfing some websites and came across a reference to a group called the World Explorers Club. I found their website and was quite interested, they are involved in research into Ancient Civilisations and organise expeditions and vacations to interesting places. Furthermore, they have their own publishing house called Adventures Unlimited Press.

I have done a search on ATS for information on this society but the only references to them are in articles quoted from or referenced in regards to other topics.

Basically, my reservations are these. First of all, it seems to be a group dedicated to a sort of hero worship for one man, David Hatcher Childress - the group's founder. Now I have nothing against enterprising individuals who travel, write and inspire others but I am not interested in joining this man's fan club.

Secondly, the group does seem to be quite low key in relation to the expeditions they claim to have undertaken and the warranting of owning their own publishers. They have no Wikipedia article for instance. This of course in itself doesn't mean anything but I expected them to have a bit more status, or if they are well known, to be more widely advertised.

This is why I'm posting here. I was hoping someone in these forums would have more information available, or even if there were any members of the World Explorers Club who could tell me more about it. I figured if they are worth their salt somebody will have heard of them on here because of their areas of interest.

This is their own website - wexclub.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I've heard of this lot from somewhere, probably in somethink like one of Graham Hancocks books. But 'fraid I can tell you no more about them than what's on their website.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
They're a collection of writers and history hobbyists that favor theories of ancient astronauts, lost civilizations, advanced technology etc. There was UK magazine in the early '90s that followed a similar path, I'm sure these had a monthly article. I dimly recall them going to the Great Pyramid and doing some kind of 'higher vibrations' singing in the Queen's Chamber.

I had to chuckle when I saw this on the website...

Childress has continued his global research and has rounded out his series with Lost Cities of Ancient Lemuria & the Pacific; Lost Cities of North and Central America; Lost Cities of Atlantis, Ancient Europe & the Mediterranean. His style is an entertaining blend of personal experience and well-researched fact, and these books present fascinating information on the advanced technology and anomalous architecture of our predecessors around the globe.

As an ex-aficionado of such books, 'well-researched fact' was rarely an obstacle to the conclusion
They are fun to read though...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Childress is the poster child of bad research and a leading light in the school of ...."it was written down so it must be truth"....research.

I wouldn't buy a used car from him!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well thanks, it sounds like I'll keep my membership fee. Maybe pay for something more useful, like a few pints.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Check out the "Lost Civilizations" book-series by childress or read some of it online. That way you can learn whether you are on their wavelength or not.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plef_Cong
a group dedicated to a sort of hero worship for one man, David Hatcher Childress

You got that right. Stay away. It's a scam. They don't do any research and don't go on any expeditions. It's a way for Childress to further inflate his massive ego and advertise his crappy books.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
maybe you were looking for this explorers club

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Is it anything like the Super Adventure Club from South Park?

You may want to stay away...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Plef_Cong

Plef_Cong I used to subscribe to that magazine for years, and I really like it because it has articles about lost civilizations, strange things and strange sightings. I still have a pile of them laying around.

The thing I don't like about the magazine is that there aren't many Big Articles in each magazine. There were a few Big Articles in each magazine that took up a few pages each, and then there were about 2-3 pages of small articles that were only a paragraph or so in length from sources all over the world about strange things and sightings.

I enjoy the magazine, but I can just go to the book store and read the few pages of articles in a few minutes while thumbing through it and leave it for someone else whom really wants to take it home to read all of the advertisements about books and other stuff on similar topics.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Is it anything like the Super Adventure Club from South Park?

You may want to stay away...

That is EXACTLY what this reminded me of.

I think just because of the name of the group, I am NOT implying any other association!

Also, thanks Parda - great shout.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ok I’m game,
Lets take the bull by the horns and form our own explorers group.
I’ll spearhead the endeavor and anyone else who wants to join in.
Ideas
Let’s pick a name for the group and create a web site
Samples:
universalexplores.com
exploresru.com
exploringourearth.com
Just a few
We would start by setting up contacts in every part of the world.
For an example the United States would be broken up into 7 parts
( East,South East, Midwest,Mountain West , West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii each area would have a representative. The representative would be responsible for exploring their part of the world and reporting any significant findings to the group. If a special expedition was slated in their area they would attend or investigate the findings and report. Each area rep would be responsible for answering questions about their area which would be easy to do since that’s where they are. Sounds like a lot of work, but to a true explorer it would be fascinating.
Some areas of the world will be inaccessible, but if one of our explorers happens to journey to that location, ( North Pole, Bermuda Triangle, The Great Pyramids) you get the idea. They could send in a report. I can see this Explorers web site being full of useful information for travelers and explorers alike.
Factual excerpts from real explorers not someone surfing the net..

Just and Idea

Keep exploring and the truth will be known

OceanExplorer

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ocean,

Sign me up

I am guessing from your name that we are going to begin a number of leagues under the sea

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanExplorer

So, did anything come out of your idea? It's an intriguing idea, and would probably work.

top topics

join