It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whispers/Voices- The Mystery of The Forest/Jungle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Thanks for the vid and it would appear that maybe the wind helps to transport the voices from the trees. Maybe the wind is the channelor between the human spirit or the human physical senses and the trees or the spirit of the woods.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I can also sense when someone is looking at me and vice versa - when I'm staring at someone, it's a matter of minutes before she/he turns around to look at me.

I remember I heard something about that in Coast To Coast AM a few months ago - there was a short story about some scientist that could measure the beams (?) coming out of people's eyes (or just his?). I can't recall much, but it's pretty interesting! I'll try to find more.

Unfortunately, I could not go to the woods I wrote about here a few pages back, so it'll have to wait for the next weekend. I'll get back here with results as soon as possible!

[edit on 16/3/2009 by relu84]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by relu84

Not a problem, just when you are able to, feel free to post it! Maybe you will find something interesting.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Well, to me it always seemed like I was talking directly to the wind. Like it was a being in and of itself, like Zephyrus.
I come from a area which is heavily laden with old indian superstition and legends so I grew up hearing about how everything, litterally everything, has a spirit and is alive in some way.

The natives of this country, the traditional ones however few they may be these days, remember a lot that most everyone else has forgotten. I hate to see them called stupid because they don't fit in to our society. It's sad.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
great thread you made me sign up to reply

anyways howcome we are assuming that trees can speak english or any other human language, if anything should we not try to understand their language for what it is as it is older than ours, maybe they communicate through feelings and thats why you can feel the difference in atmosphere throughout a forest.

another thought is if a family line grows by a forest long enough for the forest to recognize it would attempt to contact them. sine the timeline of trees could be slower a blood line would have to be there a while for trees to recognize.

last thought also is that your brain only pays attention to so much information at once so when you go into a forest and take other distractions away you have the brain power to actually focus on whats been there all along.

well thats it, ill attempt to fix my sentence structure and post structure as i continue to post.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by birhan

You make a couple good points but I don't think anyone said that the language was english. The OP said it wasn't english at all and a couple of us said it wasn't even a language but more like tangible intention.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have not yet communicated with trees, but believe I will if it is possible. What i HAVE felt however is Presence coming off old trees, there was one I estimate based on diameter to be 450 yrs old that was emanating presence from over 10m away. I would like to "feel" them from a distance blindfolded sometime to scientifically test it out...

edit to add: I lived in the rainforest for over a year, away from civilization. I heard some interesting noises, but never whispers. It is beautiful how the trunks groan and creak in the wind, the leaves rustling....

[edit on 17/3/2009 by Inkrinhuminge]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tizer
"The Secret Life Of PLants" by Peter Tompkins is an excellent book giving information and experimental evidence about the consciousness of plants. Showing that infact they do show signs of environmental awareness and even being used as a lie detector. A very interesting booked backed up with lots of evidence pointing to the fact that they are very much alive and conscious.

A link to the book on Amazon

www.amazon.com...

You beat me too it.
An excellent book and not something vegetarians like to read.
Everything has consciousness. I have had plants and rocks speak to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wasn't there somebody doing an experiment within the last couple of years where they were using a plant or some plant cells to receive communications from space because they had determined that it was exceptionally receptive to a certain type of wave. I think they were trying this by placing seedlings at the focal point of a radio telescope and measuring the electrical activity of the cells or something but I barely remember the article.

Does anybody remember where the article about this is?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I appreciate all the kind remarks and comments and for all the posters that keep this thread moving and gathering information. It seems that a lot of us believe that plants, are the more/most obvious choice as to be the culprits. But as I have stated before the languages are not what they seem, some even said it sounded like tongues and others said that they have no idea what it was, but it was some sort of language. That there was a definate structure to the voices/whispers. That structure contributes to some type of foriegn/unknown language. I believe that we need to be more open, more open minded than what we were taught to be. Logic is what destroys the imagination and in doing so will inevitably make us closed minded to outside forces. Lets awaken our inner senses and move logic out of the way for a little while and lets see what we can find.

So far we have found quite alot of new information, lets keep up the great work!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Here's a pretty interesting pdf report. I'm going to do some digging using the reference list but this seems like a good place to start when getting down to the science of it.
www.eeb.cornell.edu...
Here's the abstract:

Plants actively respond to damage with the induction of defences. One of these defences involves emitting volatiles that attract the enemies of the enemies of the plant. Whether downwind neighbouring plants ‘eavesdrop’ on these cues and respond with the induction of their defences too has been debated intensively. Evidence in support of this hypothesis has been accumulating recently, provoking exciting mechanistic and ecological questions that need to be addressed.

Looks like we have some work to do.
But this doesn't get down to the OP, I realise this. You need to start with fundamentals before you get to advanced concepts. So we can establish, even using science and logic that plants communicate and posess, at least some rudimentary form of intelligence. (For arguments sake I say that, I believe they posess consciouness personally)
But once we can prove that plants can "think" is it so far to say that they can communicate with members of another kingdom?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Let me add a bit about the mythology of trees, when it comes to the chinese superstition. Many Chinese/asian cultures believe that spirits and ghosts live in trees, especially banana trees and bamboo trees. There use to be a saying that willow trees are also places where spirits and ghosts tend to sit under and reside. Of course this could all be just superstition I heard as when i was a little kid. But Hey, all myths and legend must were based on some sort of truth right?

Here is a tibbit of a movie based on this legend.

1574 with a traditional of Banana tree which many khmer people didn't allow their relative to plan the banana tree next to their house as they believed that there will be a ghost spirit could enter their house by the banana leaf or if they plan those banana tree, they would cut all the banana's leaf for safety.[1]This old tradition were practice for decades and still be seem for today.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

Awesome, never knew about that. That is very cool, so the chinese believe/d that there are ghosts in the trees? Maybe they are, who truely knows. Nice theory, glad you introduced it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
reply to post by Nemox42

Awesome, never knew about that. That is very cool, so the chinese believe/d that there are ghosts in the trees? Maybe they are, who truely knows. Nice theory, glad you introduced it.

Yea, its a trip. That tidbit about that talking sun and moon tree in India was pretty awesome too. To think Marco polo and Alexander the great actually came across this tree. I goggled up the name of the talking sun and moon tree, and found a website even describing what the tree looked like and its location. Do you think this tree still exists? and if so, why haven't we heard anything else about this tree?

www.mystical-www.co.uk...

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Nemox42]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

Interesting, perhaps its a "secret", not to be known to the general public. Its possible that the tree still exists, actually I am pretty sure it exists. The ability to communicate with such a natural life form, very interesting.
Nice digging!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Made me think of this place. According to a buddhist monk, the spirits of the dead call to unhappy people to come here. Could these whispers be spirits?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

Wow! Amazing find, I have never heard about this:

It has been claimed by local residents and visitors that the woods are host to a great amount of paranormal phenomena

Whenever I see this, it is always a plus. This made me go wow.

It is also a popular place for suicides, reportedly the world’s second most popular suicide location after San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge[1], due in some part to the novel Kuroi Jukai (黒い樹海 ,lit. Black Sea of Trees?), which ends with the lovers of the novel committing suicide in the forest. Since the 1950s, more than 500 people have lost their lives in the forest, mostly suicides,[1] with approximately 30 suicides counted yearly.[2] In 2002, 78 bodies were found within the forest, replacing the previous record of 73 in 1998.[3] The high rate of suicide has led officials to place signs within the forest, urging those who have gone there specifically with the purpose of suicide in mind to seek help and not kill themselves. The annual search, consisting of a small army of police, volunteers and attendant journalists, began in 1970.[4]

Popular place for suicide. It could very well be lost spirits in those woods. Awesome flag mate and very nice digging.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Anyone know of any places in Canada like that ?
havnt heard any mention of the Canadian forests and have friends there wwho would like to know .

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapsFan8
en.wikipedia.org...

Made me think of this place. According to a buddhist monk, the spirits of the dead call to unhappy people to come here. Could these whispers be spirits?

Agreed, nice find. Like I mention in my previous post. Alot of Asian cultures believe that spirits of the dead find homes in the trees(banana trees or bamboo trees). I wouldn't be surprised if this suicide forest has a few of those living there. I remember awhile back I read an article about japan's suicide rate on the rise.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Saytun

Actually this place: Canadian location

I have heard that the forest has voices in it from the dead folks. But I am not sure if this is accurate or not. Maybe you may know more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join