posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:29 AM
Well last year I think I predicted the Mariners would make the WS in the prediction thread. So I was well off. But after spending the last 4 weeks
cramming every bit of possibly baseball knowledge into my head for my roto drafts here are my 2009 picks.
1. Red Sox: I"m a homer, but I think they have the most pitching depth than any other team in baseball. Good offense and they play good defense. If
they remain fairly healthy they will speak out the division.
2. Tampa: I did think that the Rays would be .500 last year, but didn't except the bullpen to be awesome. The bullpen will take a setback, but their
offense will take a step forward.
3. Yankees: I hate them, so I can't root for them. Great team on paper. improved defense with Texeira, but still one of the worse defensive teams
in baseball. Fun fact, Derek Jeter has been the worst fielder at his position for the last three years.
4. Blue Jays: Solid pitching, but not much else.
5. O's: I was watching their ST game yesterday and was saying wow their pitching is horrible.
1. Twins: Coin flip division once again. Twins have a sneaky good pitching staff, and will have enough offense to win.
2. White Sox: I like this team, but I think their manager is a kook.
3. Royals: Who are this year's Rays? It could be the Royals.
4. Indians: Curious to see what Hafner will to, he is the straw that stirs the drink.
5.Tigers: There bullpen is a train wreck. History of destroying young arms, they are doing it again by letting Rick Porcello into the starting
1.Angels: They are going to have a down year, but still have a good team. Will seem them play next week.
2. A's: Sneaky good team. They could be sellers in June if they start off cold.
3. Rangers: Offense is scare good. There 1 and 2 starters would be good 3 and 4.
4. Seattle: Nope.
Phillies: Still have a good squad, I wouldn't be surprised if they sign Sheffield in a day or so.
Mets: Can't wait to see them blow it in Setpember again.
Braves:Revamp pitching, if Chipper plays 140 games they can compete.
Marlins: Awesome young pitching staff. Fun team to watch.
5. Nats: Have first pick in June draft. Steven Strasburg from San Deigo State will be the first pick, throws 103. MLB ready.
1.Cubs: Sorry, another disappointed postseason.
2.St. Louis: Have the best hitter and pitcher in the National league
3.Reds: Not a doormat any more. Solid young pitching staff.
4.Astros:Typicaly weak National League club.
5. Brewers: No pitching.
1.Dodgers: There offense with a healthy Manny is the best in the NL.
2.Diamondbacks: Should be in it all year with the Dodgers.
3. Giants: They have sucked the last couple of years, but I think they are turning the corner.
4.Padres: Sad story, owner went through divorce had to sell off players and not sign anyone. Will watch them next week as well.
I see a rematch of the 2004 World Series with the Red Sox beating the wild card winning Cardinals.
AL MVP: Kevin Youklis
AL CY Young: Roy Halladay
AL Rookie: Koji Uehera
NL MVP: Ryan Howard
NL CY Young: Cris Carpenter
NL Rookie: Pablo Sandavol (think he is still eligible)