It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pendulum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Today, reading this topic
a question came up to me along with a couple of other people. What is this device called a Pendulum and how does it work?

*Sorry for this probably very trivial question*

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Maybe these links will give you some answers
"A pendulum is simply a weighted object suspended from a string or chain. It is used as a form of divination to answer simple yes/no questions from your subconscious mind. The pendulum is not designed to predict the future, because future events are not set in stone, the future is determined by people's free will. It is only possible to predict the future to know what future choices are most likely. A Pendulum can help you select among choices you are already aware of."

www.journey-to-self.com...

users.sedona.net...

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Jbeth73]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Thanks, I'm feeling more and more urged to try this out. Are there any dangers of attracting bad energies through it to your person?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Not at all, it is simply a means of tapping into your subconscious for answers you already know.

If you're still worried (although you shouldn't be) simply cast a salt circle around you before you use one. (salt is protective and keeps bad influences out)

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Thanks to both of you, you have been very helpfull.
I'm looking foward to trying this out. Any other sudgestions and triks of the trade?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Wow I just made myselfe a pendulum out of a glass pyramid and some string. My results till now were the recognition of yes and no by answering a couple of trivial questions:

Is my name Elysabeth - No
Is my name *my name here* - Yes
Is my age 290- No
Is my age almost 19 - Yes
Is my sex male - Yes (here I changed the order to make shure the pendulum wasn't doing a Yes No pattern)
Is my sex female - No
An so on until my arm fell asleep

This is very cool, I didn't think it would start working so fast. I'm impressed until now.

*edit* I was a little scared about attracting bad energies as I was very stressed and sand during last week so I did the salt circle .

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
There are some fascinating books on the subject by T.C. Lethbridge. His experiments with the pendulum went much further than simple yes/no stuff - he discovered that you could "tune" the pendulum to different things by changing the length of the pendulum cord.

For example, say you want to locate gold: you swing the pendulum over a piece of gold and shorten the cord until it suddenly goes into a circular motion - that is the optimal "rate" (as he called it) for gold. The same goes not only for substances, but for abstract things like emotions, diseases, colors, temperatures, etc. Everything seems to have a unique vibration that the pendulum can tune in to.

The most fascinating thing of all was Lethbridge's table of pendulum rates in which he lists all the different things that he found to share the same pendulum length - when you see how various things are clearly related to each other (colors, substances, emotions, places, etc) and the orderly way they are spread out over the vibrational "spectrum", it's quite amazing.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I've been at it again amd askeda couple of interesting q's:
- Have I been abducted by alies - Yes (osilation became very strong on this one)
-Have I ... by aliens 1 time - No
- " " 2 times - Yes
- More than 2 times - No
- Was I harmed - Yes
- Am I being watcht by ghost in the room - Yes
- Are they bad ghosts - (very strong oslation) No
- Does my guiding spirit expect good for me - Yes

After this setion I felt warm and nice inside with this calm feeling that I havent had since I was a child. But my question is if this is normal or am I having some tipe of freaky imadgination frenzy?

* Edited 3 times because of all the crapy spelling *

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I've used it before. But it's not that reliable (unless you're highly skilled to manage your emotions) to use it on your own personal questions, especially the ones with which you are the most emotionally involved. Because then the pendulum will just swing the way that you are hoping for it to swing.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just purchased a new backround for my new avatar but instead it changed the text?

top topics

join