It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China 'Worried' about US Treasury Holdings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

China 'Worried' about US Treasury Holdings

www.breitbart.com

BEIJING (AP) - China's premier expressed concern Friday about its holdings of Treasuries and other U.S. debt, appealing to Washington to safeguard their value, and said Beijing is ready to expand its stimulus if economic conditions worsen . . .

Washington is counting on China to continue buying Treasuries to fund its massive stimulus package. Last month, visiting Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton sought to reassure Beijing that government debt would remain a reliable investment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The subject of China dumping their U.S. dollars had been brought up here many times on ATS, but this is the first time I have heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

I knew that our economy relied on China and other countries buying our debt at alarming rates, but I think it is hilarious that Obama and the other Washington Bureaucrats that are in collusion with the money men are relying on China to continue to invest in our debt to fund their so called "stimulus package."

So are we saying that without China's "help" that the United Stated would be powerless to turn the economy around? I mean, I know we are but I am surprised to read it in the MSM in black and white.

It must be a relief to those who are in the business of consolidating wealth and power while pushing economic slavery on the rest of us, that they no longer have to hide in the shadows. Everything can be out in the open now, because the sheeple are too busy watching American Idol to take notice.

Good thing we have Hillary Rodham Clinton to convince China that our debt is a "reliable investment." And now you know why those pesky bills in congress written to abolish the IRS never make it out of committee. The official collection agency for the Federal Reserve has to make sure those "individual income tax payments" are made so dividend payments to China go out on time!!

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

We never know what Hillary Clinton said to the Chinese behind closed doors and how much mineral wealth she had to promise them to keep the money flowing to purchase the debt created by the FEDS.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

i'm not too worried ... China knows that if it stops buying holdings and tries to get $$$ back they would lose a whole lot of $$$ it wouldn't be worth it for them ... the economy will get better eventually ... i'm sure they'll stick it out

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My thoughts are since this came a day after the U.S. sending a warship the south China sea,it is a poke in the eye to the Obama administration.Just a little reminder not to get too overconfident.Probably just saber rattling.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's about time. Drop the dollar already. Based on merit alone, the U.S. doesn't deserve the wealth it has acquired forcibly over the past two hundred and more years.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I for one am tiring of the Chinese whining. Put up or Shut up! What part of Trillion dollar deficits don't you understand? It's a done deal, we've already agreed with ourselves that you WILL buy that debt or we WILL print it, in which case you pay it anyway through the devaluing of our debt that you already hold. And even if you do buy it, you're not getting it back, get used to the idea. We have not and will not ever try to repay our debts, we will simply hope to minimize them over time through devaluing our currency. Whining just irritates us.

disclaimer: I am aware of the fact that we were Debt Free under Andrew Jackson, but he was also the only one to take out a Central Bank. Neither's been attempted since.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Previously Posted Here China's premier worried for U.S. investments

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join