Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

2012/end of the world is all BS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is all bull! it's just away, to get a bunch of foolish people to stock up on an bunch of food and crap. Like they did with the year 2000. Nostodomas predicting things is nice and all but anyone could make a few thousand predictions and at least 3 of them would come right. Trial and Error. Mayan's and their oh holy calendar... did ya ever think that they might have got tired of making it and just decided to stop. Cause the person writing it down decided that he wasn't going to be around to see 2012 so they would continue it later in about 1000 years.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/3/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by montiedarko

HAAHHHAHA awesome, i'm not laughing at you, its just that this is my best friends exact reasoning for it too. He thinks some dude was like "MAN, can I stop making the calander NOW??"

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
can you tell this those people : www.abovetopsecret.com...'
from the magazine
they are really crazy.. and talk bull*** right?

I would feeling very fine if those things (or one big thing) will never happen until we all life.

But signs are signs..

Nia

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

HAAHHHAHA awesome, i'm not laughing at you, its just that this is my best friends exact reasoning for it too. He thinks some dude was like "MAN, can I stop making the calander NOW??"

LOL that is pretty funny... I mean it's not like we have calenders all the way up until 2020... we print calenders for next year a good five or so months before. Just think about he people in the old days having the draw it out or chisel it in stone... my god that would a pain!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NW111
can you tell this those people : www.abovetopsecret.com...'
from the magazine
they are really crazy.. and talk bull*** right?

I would feeling very fine if those things (or one big thing) will never happen until we all life.

But signs are signs..

Nia

as far as we all know the would could end tomorrow but to believe its going to happen on THIS DAY in 2012 is just plan silly. Humans could only dream of watching the apocalypses unfold before our eyes, like it does in the movies... but tell you the truth if its going to happen its just going to happen and it will be out of no where and no one will see it or live to tell about it.

I'm more worried about a nuke going off before we just go poof into thin air.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
""I'm more worried about a nuke going off before we just go poof into thin air.""

whatever will come.

Who can look clearly into the future?

Anybody in here?

..guess not or.

Nia

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It may or may not be complete b.s. Or it may be just a matter of opinion. Personally I don't believe in the whole mayan prediction angle. But stocking up on food and on tangibles is really a good idea. Just read an article today on global warming which is not b.s but as real as it gets. We may not have to worry about 2012 since scientists agree the climate crisis has accelerated. So by all means disagree with 2012 end times all you want, but don't discourage people from preparing for the worst. The earths history is full of disasters and another is lurking around. So being ready for a hoax could mean being prepared for a real threat.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
@the hunted

is this you at the pic?

then you are prepared.. guess

NW

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHunted
It may or may not be complete b.s. Or it may be just a matter of opinion. Personally I don't believe in the whole mayan prediction angle. But stocking up on food and on tangibles is really a good idea. Just read an article today on global warming which is not b.s but as real as it gets. We may not have to worry about 2012 since scientists agree the climate crisis has accelerated. So by all means disagree with 2012 end times all you want, but don't discourage people from preparing for the worst. The earths history is full of disasters and another is lurking around. So being ready for a hoax could mean being prepared for a real threat.

True, it never hurts to be ready... and especially for things to come, humans though will be the down fall of humans because of our in ability to realize that we all come from the same place and are interconnected whether we like it or not.
Global Warming is with out question an issue, but it's not going to end us as we know. I think we still have a time frame before # hits the fan... Global Warming is natural and is the reason for the ice ages I think we both believe that other wise you would have brought it up. It's natural for mother nature to do this every few million years, to weed out the weak and let the strong continue to make way.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yeah i agree, my physics teacher proved the whole planet colliding thing to not be happening for a while ... but what i really don't get are the die hard believer's on this site, that think it's happening ... i just think to myself,
*if you really truly believe that 2012 is coming, then you wouldn't be on this site, you would be out living your life to the fullest, trying to spend the last of your savings because you only have 3 years to live!!!!!

[edit on 13-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NW111

Hey, yes that is me back in my younger days. I am prepared for a future disaster. Hope you are as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

That colliding planet thing is not the prevalent theory about 2012, not even on this forum. And the one thing that will prove 2012 wrong or right is the passing of time.
by the way, i agree that 2012 will not be the end of the world. That said i do think that 2012 will be the culmination point of a lot of events that will send our backside flying left and right before the end. Just keep your head level and your feet grounded and all will be ok.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
reply to post by baseball101

That colliding planet thing is not the prevalent theory about 2012, not even on this forum. And the one thing that will prove 2012 wrong or right is the passing of time.
by the way, i agree that 2012 will not be the end of the world. That said i do think that 2012 will be the culmination point of a lot of events that will send our backside flying left and right before the end. Just keep your head level and your feet grounded and all will be ok.

Interesting you bring this up... cause I sorta believe the same thing... the way the next election happens is going to be a big change no matter who gets in and things are bound to get crazy. People thing Obama is like the second coming of Christ and that he is the start of what is going to come in 2012.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
.I would just like to point out that the great potato famine of Ireland was caused by mass hysteria about the end of days. It made people not work the fields and continue governmental duties. They starved to death and froze as a society because they thought they were going to die anyways.

I think it’s a tactic of socio-economic warfare to reduce public coherency and orientation of political threats to common freedoms

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The planet is going to explode.
Maybe not in 2012 but eventually.
Ive been trying to speed it up, but I haven't had much luck.
It seems you need a heck of a lot more C4 than is available.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I know alot of people who can't live without their cellphones, and all those people said the calendar on their cellphones go way past 2012.
They told me that if you an put a satelite in the air and antanneas all over the globe to talk to people via airwaves then that is the calendar they go by. They say we are way more sophisticated that the mayans. These people are my sis, my mom, my wife, my bro i law
But me???? I have no clue, It might not be the end of the world but perhaps a different world.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
The planet is going to explode.
Maybe not in 2012 but eventually.
Ive been trying to speed it up, but I haven't had much luck.
It seems you need a heck of a lot more C4 than is available.

yeah your going to have a hard time finding all that LOL!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by realboogyman
I know alot of people who can't live without their cellphones, and all those people said the calendar on their cellphones go way past 2012.
They told me that if you an put a satelite in the air and antanneas all over the globe to talk to people via airwaves then that is the calendar they go by. They say we are way more sophisticated that the mayans. These people are my sis, my mom, my wife, my bro i law
But me???? I have no clue, It might not be the end of the world but perhaps a different world.

This bring up this interesting conversation I was having at the eye Dr. the other day I was sitting in the lobby and we ended up talking about the power outage/ice storm in KY and how I believe everyone should have a wood stove as back up just in case they don't have power. I said I thought that people where to jaded on all the luxuries we have today like running water, electricity, etc.

Only reason I brought this up cause this woman was saying "Ohh I wouldn't know what to do I would go stay at a hotel."

We get lost in all the things we have practically handed to us and no one even know how to keep a garden or anything of the sort these days... If something really bad was to happen FAT America would fall in to chaos and panic. The majority of the population couldn't live with out power, running water, cell phone and the works... they would have a heart attack if they didn't get to watch their TV program, take a warm shower or have regular heat, oh and not to mention food on demand... cause hardly anyone actually cooks a real meal at home anymore!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Yep.

Sells a lot of books and magazines, though. DVDs, too. For some reason, people who want to believe that the world will end will pay a lot of money to find out what people with no credentials have to say about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Didnt'cha get the memo?
Now the big year is 2025!
Whew!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join