It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Must Read

news.aol.com

I was looking at the back of a dollar bill and notice a the word dire on the back of it. It doesnt seem noticable at first but its there. Look at the back of the bill where it say one. The shadow of one spells DIRE. If you type in on google the word dire on the back of a dollar bill, you will get a bunch of articles relating the word dire to the economy and even obama. Yo may not see it at first but keep trying. I am the first to discover this.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I was looking at the back of a dollar bill and notice a the word dire on the back of it. It doesnt seem noticable at first but its there. Look at the back of the bill where it say one. The shadow of one spells DIRE. If you type in on google the word dire on the back of a dollar bill, you will get a bunch of articles relating the word dire to the economy and even obama. Yo may not see it at first but keep trying. I am the first to discover this.
people thought i was imagining stuff or had to much time on my hand but look again heres the word dire on the news about something catastrophic possibly happening in the future.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Anything that relates to the economy or any big weather related event can be considered DIRE. I personally do not think that the dollar bill is predicting anything, others may. You may want a hobby though.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Oh so the American one dollar bill, last updated in 1963 has dire written in it?

And you believe it has something to do with the economy and Obama?

What about all the other dire circumstances that have occurred in the last 46 years??

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i think he isnt saying that obama and the word dire on the one dollar bill is related in some way .. when he googled dire and one dollar bill alls that was comming up was the dire condition of usa at the moment at least thats what i got outta it

then again ... maybe not

[edit on 03/06/09 by donttaserme]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure that you're looking at this properly. Latin is used on your dollar bills too, NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM, ANNUIT COEPTIS. Unfortunately I don't have much use for a dollar bill in the UK so I'm taking You're word for this lol I checked a few translations for the word dire from Latin into English and the general consensus is:

Dire - plain, simple, direct, open, straightforward.

So it could mean that a dollar bill is "one dollar - dire" meaning thats it, no arguing, haggling etc. But...

Same word, from two different languages (I know English has a majority of Latin influence) meaning totally opposite things... think of that what you will. At first when I thought of this and checked it out I was going to say not to always think the worst...but now this double entendre makes it all the more interesting. Does anyone know if this has always appeared on the bills ie pre 1963?

[edit on 13/3/2009 by itchy_tartan_blanket]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
All i can say is that you dont see the word dire in any other countries news or in related articles online. So am i just being wierd or am i onto something

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I see it . Its on the back center of the one dollar bill . Kinda of an interesting find with as much as the art on bills have been scrutinized.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by bluemooone2]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
thank you all for replying. I wish that more people could read this and comment on it. I would love to hear alot of opinions regarding this or what other people can add on this subject.

new topics

top topics

join