It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hudson Valley: Lights, Triangles and Boomerangs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Newspaper report about the Hudson Valley sightings sourced by Realtvufos:

“Many call UFO sightings in area enthralling”,

27 August 1984

(The Evening News, Newburgh–Beacon, New York)

Article

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This topic was recently being discussed with my family. We all had seen this supposed UFO during the 1980s in Putnam County. The researcher who was collecting our stories seemed absolutely HOSTILE when we told him that we could SEE that they were individual aircraft, that we had watched them lose formation when they traveled over our house (which is in the woods) and how we actually saw one of the aircraft drop a flare from it's plane. The response to our observation was "Did you ever see a UFO? Well I have...and that was a UFO!!!". At that point we realized this researcher, who has since made a name for himself, WANTED a UFO--he didn't want to hear anything different. The first time we saw it we were terrified...but we made it a point to keep watching the skies and saw the formation multiple times. That's how we finally came to realize that the "object" was individual aircraft. (And they DID make a noise...a sort of "humming" sound...that does sound like an ultralight)

I don't think we're the only life forms out there and I'm sure that we've been visited...but, what we saw during the 1980s was NOT a UFO. Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
The UFO sighting I had was in the Hudson Valley. It actually looked kind of like the third picture. I looked up and a clearing between a tree I saw a triangle shaped thing with three round lights on each corner.

I still remember that sight perfectly to this day. And it keeps blowing my mind to read other sightings that are pretty much 100% spot on to mine. It's unreal.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

are there any airforce bases near there?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Excerpt from Leslie Keen' book in regards to Hudson Valley Ufo

ufosontherecord.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I grew up in the Hudson Valley. Right near the southeast side of a fairly large lake. I remember my dad saying that he was awakened by a very, very bright light shining through the picture window in front of the house. It was early in the AM before the sunrise. He looked out to see it slowly and silently passing over the two 70 foot pines at the foot of the driveway. He then heard other reports of it on the radio that morning on his way to work. All he saw was the intense light. It was in the 80's and I was probably 18 years old or so. I can ask him for clarification, but I know he didn't make it up. It didn't seem to phase him one bit. He was very matter of fact when talking about it.
edit on 19-6-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

We have a few military encampments, West Point Academy, Indian Point Nuclear facility, tons of fresh water reservoirs and lakes, the Hudson River of course, and some history of iron mining. There are plenty of airports within a 60 mile radius, including Stewart Airforce base.
edit on 19-6-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Relevant vid:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Relevant vid:

Excellent vid, very immersive and quite entertaining. Given the amount of eye witnesses and the duration of the flap, it strikes me as strange that nothing ever came to light as to what these craft actually were.

I wonder how many others have seen it without ever going on record - it's kind of sad that no large-scale investigation had been conducted back in the day. But it remains a very intriguing case ...
edit on 14-3-2015 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Hi mate, I thought it was a good one as well.

Gortex posted a great old documentary over on this thread and thought the section dealing with the Hudson flap was also really interesting (if you've not seen it already).

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

imo, Close Encounters is the best ufo show on right now. DVR has been set.

I would recommend anyone who hasnt seen it to do a search on youtube for episodes.

Occasionally they do single witness cases, while interesting, there isnt enough corroboration to make it worth showing.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Nice work indeed

I find it interesting that a couple of witnesses mentioned it reacted to their thoughts. Coincidences you think?

A consciousness seem to be displayed, in orbs as well. In fact many of the anomalies , seem to react. Ghost ghouls and Big foot , are bit " now you see it now you don't" as well. Same thing, different cloaking?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

Occasionally they do single witness cases, while interesting, there isnt enough corroboration to make it worth showing.

You're probably referring to the Stephen Michalek Case at Falcon Lake? They've included it in episode 3 starting at about 10m30s.

But I didn't want to go off-topic ... I guess what it comes down to is that multiple independent eyewitness accounts are simply unbeatable. IMO there's no reasonable way anyone could ever discredit all those reports. And the Hudson Valley flap is just one example out of many!
edit on 15-3-2015 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The Hudson Valley events are far more involved and extensive than most people think, and they involve a great number of direct alien encounters and abductions that coincide directly with mass sightings. J. Allen Hyneck investigated many of these sightings, but refused to document the abduction claims that accompanied many of the sightings, he insisted that the public couldn't handle anything more than UFO sightings.

These events also extended far up the Hudson River past Albany, and continued through the 1990s and into the new millennia. I'd be hard pressed to think of a location that has had more sightings than the Hudson Valley of upstate New York. And it has not been investigated nearly as thoroughly as it should be. Completely under-reported, as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, living here for most of my long life, the Hudson Valley, despite "looking and hoping", I have never seen anything unusual except for a string of four orange-red lights appearing from a ridge and drifting similar paths, on 30 second intervals. They were most definitely lanterns. It is either under-reported, or it has ceased.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Reading through these fascinating accounts, I see some similarities to the 2000 Illinois triangles. Thanks for sharing your stories!

Also, don't bother with the skeptiod link, they rely entirely upon ad hominem and cherry picking to debunk stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join