It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hudson Valley: Lights, Triangles and Boomerangs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'll try and post some re upped videos.

The model re productions are amazing.
Better than Illuminati talk about how confused people are.

Found in a search that pulled up the vids in the playlist
of TheHimalayanGorilla of vids posted by UMyouCantStopMe

Hey guys do you suppose these great tales actually hurt the illuminati
story that the Tesla aircraft are an illusion from a delusion about
aliens.

Enjoy I know you will.
To bad the youtube id can't be used again once banned.
That poster wants answers.
I'll check back to see how well everyone did.
Tell her teslaandlyne sent you.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Good information Karl and from a site I regard as the most reputable alongside 'Ufoevidence'. UFOcasebook went offline today....recession?

Kandinsky,that certainly isn't good news - UFO Casebook was a great site and its collection of UFO reports (particularly involving water) was realy extensive - wonder what happened there then?

At least Ufologie and NICAP are still going.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
While looking at hoaxes for my other thread, I noticed the Hudson Valley reports have been described as a hoax on a couple of sites. They repeat the same old BS about the small aircraft hoaxing on a Thursday night. The amount of reports and independent research doesn't support the idea that a few guys in single-prop airplanes were responsible for all the sightings.

I'd completely agree with you there - I think its been made abundantly clear on this thread that the 'airplane theory' used to debunk the Hudson Valley UFO flap is a pretty weak (and untenable) one.

As to what the object actualy was, I haven't got a clue but I did find the testimony from the guards at the Indian Point nuclear plant pretty darn interesting.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

As to what the object actualy was, I haven't got a clue but I did find the testimony from the guards at the Indian Point nuclear plant pretty darn interesting.

I've been thinking about a thread for Indian Point...never been done here according to the search. It definitely could do with the attention and knits in with the Robert Hastings thread and Malmstrom.

I read the OP today and the description by Monique o Driscoll is doubly interesting...

The heavy metal part and the criss cross effects, the diamond shape work, with tubular things here and there...

With all the rumours that the Black Triangles are secret tech dirigibles...it made me wonder?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Triangle models were used is this episode.
The Hudson Valley seemed to detail the flying wing.
I happened to keep on browsing before and caught a post but
found these two that must be the same show.
I recall the hover over the church, it has to be in this one.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Smells like a big fat stealth blimp....

www.thestealthblimp.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
All I can is the most intriguing UFO case was The Hudson Valley UFO.
For a moment consider the following statements as truth.

1. It was July 1983 - Millwood NY
2. There was a barbecue on our block - 15 witnesses
3. It was 7pm in the middle of summer. Still light
4 About 500 feet in the air there was a solid triangular craft the size of football field
5.It was stationary - hovering with zero sound - It was so surreal - I remember vividly how everyone was awestruck. I did not fell as though I was frozen but at the same time no one could move.

There was literally a massive space ship hovering above our heads.

This happened when I was 13 - It is now 25 years later -THERE HAS NOT BEEN A SINGLE DAY IN MY LIFE THAT I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT IT.

I have tried to talk about this to some friends - I do not anymore

On a side note what I saw is not in any photos or videos.
I believe that this craft had the power to prevent people from doing so.

If it was from light years away I assume they might have this capability

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kadinsky - Do you knoww why the Hudson Valley UFO - is not considered to be one of the top UFO incidents?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This thread is amazing I never really looked into the hudson valley sightings before now.

I tend to automatically believe these accounts because the only time I've seen a ufo was in 1993 when a giant triangle with 3 lights on each edge beaming all the way to the ground was hovering a few hundred feet off the ground about a quarter mile away.
It was so close I could see the whole structure. And I do mean structure. It was a triangle at least 150+ yards long and at least 5 stories tall. Way bigger than any building in the entire town. I was young but the sides reminded me of one of those imperial triangle star ships where there was heavy lines and little structures covering it. It hovered for a few minutes, moved slowly toward my direction then to my amazement and probably the only reason I still remember it; the back split into a V and the structure's side came alive with minute movements until it settled into a more curve shape although retaining the vertical sides, then it banked upward began to rise and then it turned and headed south where it was reported by someone else.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Also I dont care if you dont believe me because you didnt see it, I did.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Where did your sighting take place?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonvalleyufo

I think it absolutely is. I know the area well as family members lived right across from Indian Point nuke plant in Tomkins Cove. Way back in the day, Navy ships were kept in a watery parking lot right in the middle of the Hudson, right in front of the plant. It was quite a sight!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
it was in lake stevens, wa. It was hovering in an area surrounded by huge hills on all sides also, and I think it came from the next city east also which is everett, although it seemed to be making its way south from my perspective and the boeing plant in everett would have been several miles south east already. Another thing is there is an aircraft carrier stationed in everett, and three huge navy bases across this section of the puget sound. I dont know how it passed those bases without detection, being the size of a naval ship... But where it was it was hidden from all sides from detection or sight unless you were right next to it...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Going to go ahead and post my sighting in this thread.

Date: Winter, 1998-2000 (can't remember the exact year, I was only 13-14 years old)
Time: 8-10PM

This sighting occured in the middle of a heavy snow storm. I was taking the trash out to the dumpster in a lot behind my house. This lot is well-lit with flood lights, which penetrate the snowy sky for quite some distance (it creates a sort of brown-sky effect). As I walk back from the dumpster, I notice the snow stops completely, like someone hit the off switch.

Naturally, I look up, and there's this absolutely gigantic craft slowly hovering past me overhead. This craft was flying completely silent and completely smooth. It almost didn't seem real; that's how smooth it was flying. You'd expect the wind to at least rock it a little bit, but it didn't. The weather didn't seem to affect this craft at all.

The speed of this craft was no more than 30MPH. I can guage this speed using the time between when the snowfall stopped and started again. The distance was no more than 100ft above me; I can guage this distance using the flood lights. If I had a baseball, I might've been able to hit this thing with a good throw.

The craft was moving in a SW direction, almost perfectly aligned with "Windham Mountain" - a ski resort. Either this craft flew directly over this mountain and descended from 1000ft+ to 100ft in a matter of seconds, or this craft had to make a 90 degree left or right turn, passing directly over my house.

The craft had pure, brilliant white lights on the bottom. The lights were so bright, you'd expect them to burn your eyes, but they didn't. It was like looking at the sun, but without the pain. At first I only saw a single white light, but as the craft continued moving, the rest of the lights came into view (they were originally obscured by the houses around me). At this point I could see 5 white lights stretching far off into the distance, in the pattern of a V shape.

The craft was so close, and so big, that I could only see the "left wing" clearly. But as it moved, I realized that these 5 white lights were part of the same craft, and that's when it struck me that this thing was bigger than any aircraft ever built by man (that I know of, anyway). I couldn't really guage the size of the craft, but it was definitely more than 500ft wide, possibly even 1000ft wide or more.

As it passed over head, I was able to see the trailing edge of the craft, and it was spectacular. Multi-colored lights (seemed like thousands of them) and structures in perfect alignment and symmetry. It was like a flying, V-shaped, stealth skyscraper, that's the only way I could really describe it. Absolutely amazing construction, whoever built it.

The oddest part, which I realized only this year, is that this craft obviously could've flew above the clouds instead of flying through the mountainous region in the middle of a snowstorm. Man-made or not, this craft was flying low for a reason. Maybe it was lost? Mapping the terrain? Looking for people to abduct? Haha, I don't know.

Now given my age, I would've expected myself to crap my pants and start running in fear. I didn't. It was almost like I couldn't move, but I wasn't scared. This was quite frankly the biggest jaw-dropping moment of my entire life.

Immediately after this, I ran inside and told my parents what I had seen. They thought I was crazy, or hallucinating...but now that I think about it, there's no way this was in my imagination. The snow had stopped completely, and resumed immediately after. I don't care how active of an imagination a person has; it'd be pretty hard to imagine away an entire snow storm for roughly 10 seconds.

Recently I became aware of the Phoenix Lights UFO sighting (on a NatGeo special), which apparently occured around the same time. I actually contacted the primary witness, we compared notes, and both came to the conclusion that we saw the same thing. He pointed me to this video, which I'm 100% convinced is the same craft I saw on this night:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-9-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the excellent sighting description, Xiphias. If you've read Night Siege, to which Kandinsky has drawn our attention, you'll recall that in the early 1980s hundreds of witnesses in the Hudson Valley, many of them professionals, witnessed similar UAPs, and the unforgettable experiences have remained with them ever since.

ln the French-speaking regions of Belgium, 1989-93, hundreds more witnessed very similar extraordinary phenomena Gigantic, slow-moving craft, typically with intense, almost blinding white lights and less intense coloured lights, moved slowly less than fifty metres or so over the topography, apparently keeping a fixed distance from the ground, and therefore rising over hills and descending over valleys.

In both the Hudson Valley and Belgium, the UAPs showed apparent interest in bodies of fresh water, such as lakes and reservoirs, the traffic on highways (such as the Taconic Parkway) and large factories or plants with security lighting, such as Indian Point and an equivalent nuclear plant and other factories in Belgium.

Your sighting conforms precisely to this pattern. There were bright lights on your property and Google Earth show a large reservoir to the southwest, the direction in which the UAP was heading.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lowneck
Thanks for the excellent sighting description, Xiphias. If you've read Night Siege, to which Kandinsky has drawn our attention, you'll recall that in the early 1980s hundreds of witnesses in the Hudson Valley, many of them professionals, witnessed similar UAPs, and the unforgettable experiences have remained with them ever since.

Yea, I never realized how common this craft was until I came to this thread. After this sighting, I vaguely remember reading about some sort of mass sighting involving triangle-shaped craft, but didn't really think much of it.

In my case, unforgettable is an understatement. This was one of those things you see, and it changes you forever. It becomes a part of you in a way (a good way, I think). Almost like "God" descended from the clouds (or in this case, snow) and said: "Sup dawg? Yea, I'm real. High five." That's how it felt anyway. It was more peaceful than it was frightening, if that makes any sense. I really can't get over the fact that I was unable to move, even if I wanted to run away or follow it. Given the proximity of this encounter, if I had been able to take a photo of this thing, I might be a very wealthy man. I suppose being fortunate enough to have seen it up close is payment enough.

edit on 21-9-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Free E-book about the Hudson Valley UFO sightings.

Night Siege - The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20fd2707997c.jpg[/atsimg]

New Year's Eve 1982 marked the beginning of one of the most puzzling UFO cases in recent times: the Hudson Valley "siege." The siege begot over 7,000 sightings of a boomerang-shaped craft or crafts moving silently through the sky over New York and Connecticut between 1982 and 1995. Night Siege is the collaborative effort of Hynek, Imbrogno, and Pratt to report the data gathered from witnesses of this mystifying experience, without speculation of what it might be..

The "Westchester Boomerang" was a UFO reported by hundreds of people in New York State and Connecticut between 1983 and 1986 and described by most witnesses as a hovering, immense V-shaped series of flashing lights connected by a dark structure. UFO investigators Imbrogno (Crosswalks Across the Universe) and Pratt write in detail about the "close encounters" of some 900 people who filled out "witness forms."

link

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Wow...since this thread was here, its a sign. Just uploaded a video of a ufo i followed on the way home from a movie TONIGHT 1/21/11 IN the hudson valley NY. Ridiculous, #ty camera phone vid but it is what it is. 2 parts.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
At least Ufologie and NICAP are still going.

Spoke to soon - Ufologie has just gone off line.

Ufologie

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Great thread! I used to live in putnam valley, I saw one of the triangles in 1994, flew over us as we were driving on the taconic, almost crashed the car. Was one memorable experience to say the least. It was definately a SOLID triange as the stars were blocked out between the lights, not some crazy group of planes trying to hoax people lmao.
edit on Mon, 07 Mar 2011 21:52:55 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The oddest part, which I realized only this year, is that this craft obviously could've flew above the clouds instead of flying through the mountainous region in the middle of a snowstorm.

Are we really sure about that?

Supposing it a large stealth airship operated by the US Government (by far the most likely scenario to me).

It may be large, but it could actually be rather fragile. It may be safer to stay close to the ground than to go up into the clouds where it would experience strong torques from the much more powerful winds in a storm.

If it was going 30mph, you don't know that it could go 300 or 3,000 mph. I suspect not.

And just because something is silent, as perceived by somebody on the ground, doesn't mean it's silent everywhere.

Suppose you tasked some aeronautical engineers with designing a turbofan system whose sound emission is entirely up. Is this impossible by the laws of physics? Hardly.

Is it likely to be classified? You betcha.

Commercial users care about cost and fuel efficiency and reliability, and reducing noise to a given regulatory standard, but not at all about being "silent".

edit on 7-3-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My family had a sighting back in the summer of 1994 in Fishkill, NY when I was 10 years old. It was late one night and my dad asked me to take out the trash. For some reason I was terrified to go outside and began crying, granted I was 10 years old. Well, my mom wound up taking out the trash. We lived across the street from an empty field. My mom saw a lighted v shaped craft hovering across the street. At first she paid no attention to it and assumed it was a helicopter or plane or something and continued to take out the trash. Then when she was walking back inside is when she really realized it was just hovering there. She called my dad outside and my little brother (7) and sister (5) ran to the front door. I was still terrified and did not want to see it. They all saw it move slowly and silently over the house and stop there. They all said it was about 20-30 feet over the house and was HUGE. Once it passed over the house they went inside and didn't see where it went from there, but they got a good minute long view of it.

Well that is the factual part of the story, the rest of it is extremely strange but possibly coincidental or just mind playing tricks. Me and my brother shared a room with bunk beds, I had the bottom bunk. It was either that night or immediately after my brother woke up in the middle of the night screaming 'it's flashing, it's flashing'. I woke up and my mom ran in. He said his Teddy Bear's eyes became enlarged and started flashing. To this day he says he remembers vividly the image and says he was not dreaming. My mom had told some people from work about the incident. Her coworker's husband is very into this kind of stuff and was asking her questions about it, implying he may have been abducted. He specifically asked if she had checked behind my brother's ear. Well, we were being babysat at the time. She called our babysitter (who is my moms cousin) to check behind his ear. Sure enough, there were 3 cut lines behind his ear in a triangle shape (my parents have a picture of that still). Eventually they healed up and did not leave any scar. He also named a few other things to look out for, he asked if there was anything wrong with his eyesight (my brother was born blind in one eye), he said to keep an eye on his eyesight as well (he was in glasses about 3 months after that). He also said to keep an eye out for animals behaving weridly (we had neighboring horses get loose and head about a half mile to our house and wander around our backyard). He also said to keep an eye out for animal mutilation (none of that). Strangely I would think 17 years later there would be more accounts or pictures of the ear markings online if a stranger seemingly suggested to look there but I have not found any pictures online to compare, and really haven't read much about the eyesight link either.

Well now my parents are really freaked out and see a 'specialist'. I don't have a whole lot of info on who they talked to. My parents tried being very secretive about this since they thought it would traumatize us if we talked about it or brought it to light and still really don't talk about it much. Well the specialist asked a bunch of questions about having any kind of history of seeing these objects. Well, when my mom was much younger her, my grandma, and her friend had a similar sighting. My mom also had an incident where she was staying at a friends house and woke up in the middle of the night with an extreme bloody nose. She said her face was covered in blood. She then walked into her friends parents room and the room was just filled with blinding light. She never really told me the full story so I'm not going to try to speculate how she reacted or what had happened from there. Anyways, he suggested my parents report the incident which they never did since they really didn't want to get us involved and try to keep everything a secret.

Well, we all had numerous incidents over the next couple of years. My brother recalled one time waking up and his blanket falling on top of him. I remember waking up one night and thought I had fell out of my bed. But I landed in my bed, when I landed I bounced off the mattress. I could have just jolted myself awake but it seemed like I really landed with some force. My brother also said he saw a blue light a number of times dance across our ceiling at night. One time it was dancing around when my parents alarm clock went off and it just jetted out of the house. My dad also saw another UFO on a drive home from work one day. There were a number of people who had reported it and it was dismissed as 'space junk' but my dad said he saw it as clear as the first time.

I tried to list as much as I could recall, the majority of this happened over about 2-3 years time and we no longer live in the area. We still don't really talk about it much, but I want to see if there are any others with similar experiences in the area.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join