It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hudson Valley: Lights, Triangles and Boomerangs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hudson Valley UFOs (1983-1989) - Unsolved Mysteries

Great videos:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I contacted Dennis Sant. He confirmed to me that one of the large silent craft flew and hovered directly over his home. It was so low he thought it was going to land.

This is one of, if not THE BEST UFO flap of all time!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Posted this a week or two ago...

New doc on the sightings plus an eyewitness account from Yenko13 a member here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

find it interesting that a couple of witnesses mentioned it reacted to their thoughts. Coincidences you think?
i have some input for you on that chad if may.to paraphrase
i like God do not believe in coimcidence. i 've heard quite a bit of how these craft may not need a guidance system. the reason they dart and dash about so quickly is the craft is actually tuned in some how to the thoughts of the operator.sort of a as soon as its thought of, no reaction time, zoom done whats next,i guess would be the best way i could describe it. i was thinking maybe, someone w/ enough psychic ability
just might be interfering w/ the operator for a split second. know what i mean.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Flying wings and things oh my.
Guess they get lost now and then.
Also the flight dynamics must change for some unknown reason.
Imagine having planes searching around like that a landing spot.
These Tesla super aircraft are just not prime time.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have seen some of these craft and also been in the Stone Chambers back in the 1980's in Putnam County New York .

I saw one spinning from the Interstate and pulled off the exist to just watch it.

It was just staying in this one place and was very low up north of I-84 in Route 7 .

It must have been in that area for over 1 hour and it was huge .

Another time I had been in a shopping center parking lot and looked up coming out of a Shop it was already dark and this was as big as 2 football fields .

The Craft was maybe less then a 1000 feet above a condo complex in a wooden area on a hill.

The craft was above the hill but very low .

It had what I would call interconnecting tubes at the bottom and many coloured lights all around it some Pulsating .

As I continued to watch this two small lights came out of the craft and did movements that created lines in the air above me .

It looked like I was being show some Secret Geometry.

The movement of these two small objects were amazing to see .

The craft started to move after about 35 minutes staying in one place .

I even called the ABC Local News Station and they confirmed at least 100's of people were calling in seeing this .

For me I was almost right under it .

Thats how big it was .

This again was in the 1980's when the Hudson Valley Sightings were also appearing all over the skies.

Another interesting thread now i will look at some others and try and contact the local group up that way in Pine Bush to see if there is an increase again starting to happen in that area .

The only thing I wish at the time is that I had a video camera.

If I had this would have show the world the truth .

Later at a UFO Forum some local people put together we had folks who came from Pine Bush and a panel where I spoke on my sighting and found others had witnessed this aswell from other parts of the region.

I hope more people will take a look at the Hudson Valley UFOs .

Its a very strange area and the Stone Chambers have a direct connection to these area's where the Sighting have happened .

I have been in the Stone Chambers with a group many years ago .

We did some investigations at the Chambers and had UFO experiences at one area .

It was an all night investigation and we would stay all night to see what would happen .

One Chamber we were attempting to find with a large group was a Crystal Chamber that was said to have all kinds of interesting images.

It was said to be a positive chamber and that a chamber next to it which was foggy was the negative one .

We never found it .

Anyway this just really brought back alot of experiences related to this important thread. S&F

Blessings and Peace,
CmdrAleon

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Good post, I live in the Hudson Valley (Northern Westchester) close to Indian Point, I've heard about that sighting. There was also a famous UFO over Brewster, also very near I live right above Westchester in Putnam County, during the 80s in the video you posted with MANY witnesses. According to one website I was looking at the #1 UFO hot spot in New York is in Brewster.

There was apparently a massive wave of UFOs over the Hudson Valley during the 80s. I also remember there was a UFO case on the History Channel I believe it was in Yorktown during the 80s.

www.nuforc.org...

Thanks for this link whoever posted this. Cool to see UFO sightings in and near my hometown.

8/15/88 23:00 Buchanan NY Circle 1 minute UFO over nuclear reactor- 14 helicopters around it

This is a sighting of importance, above the Indian point nuclear reactor.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Great wing depiction in that one UFO series.
I have the series on disk twice for some reason.
Notice the Arnold wing similarity.

The fleet might be triangle craft in wing formation and not one big wing.
How many wings like that could be around.
The triangle with flat sides top and bottom is so easy to build.

Saucers seem to be around lately but fleets might be triangles.
Odd the Triangle has three landing gear covers as the Hanebu.
At least two covers either light up or appear dark like snake eyes.
Welcome to the world of flying electrical wonders.

Most of the people planing to make wingless flying machines with plasma or
some plan always include electricity.
All have failed so far except one.

Ed: From this posting if it links:

No that didn't work, see zorgon post for videos that must be the
ones I saw and would reference in my profile.

[edit on 9/4/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 9/4/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Superb

The thead. Member thoughts top to bottom were thoughts, reports and ideas I can learn from Outstanding thread. .Btw, that triangle, is it a ATS mock-up or an actual photograph?

Decoy

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky -a most excellent thread.

Theres some other eyewitness testimony from the Hudson Valley sightings below and Jritzmann has linked a very interesting interview with Phil Imbrogno who he had on his show (3rd post down):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some of the Hudson Valley eyewitness statements:

Dennis Sant:

"As we approached the house I saw a large, triangular object hovering over my yard about fifty feet from my house. It seemed to be not much higher than my roof. We pulled into the driveway, and we all jumped out and ran into the backyard. The object was no longer there. I took the children into the house to get them ready for bed, but I felt a strong urge to go back outside."

"You could see people on the bridge pointing at it."

".. a very large object, its structure was a very dark gray, metallic."

"It had numerous lights from end to end-red, green, and white. There seemed to be an amber light coming from it. This was in sequence, from one end of the shaft to the other. I call it a shaft because that's what it resembled."

"It seemed to be about the width of a football field and was a dark, very gray metal. It was so close you could hit it with a baseball."

What I saw was not airplanes in formation."

William Durkin:

"At first, I thought it was a large jetliner flying very low, perhaps in trouble. Then I realized it was coming too slow to be any type of conventional aircraft, and at this time I could see it was boomerang in shape."

Louise Ondekirk:

"But I thought it was strange for them to be flying so low and in such a tight formation. I see formation flights all the time in this area, but there was something different about this. It was really puzzling because when the lights began to turn, they all turned at once."

Ed Burns:

"Out of nowhere, I got lots of statics on the radio. And I thought maybe I was on the wrong number and I turned the dial again. That's when I looked up and saw this craft."

"As I continued to drive, the lights became more profound. Then they came right over my car. I shut the radio off, rolled the window down, and looked out at this huge craft above me. I heard no noise. It was moving silently and slowly."

"It was a triangular, chevron, ship. And the back of that chevron had to be as large as a football field, at least. It was one solid piece of a chevron shaped ship. And there was no noise. It seemed so close to the ground. It seemed that I could have thrown a rock at it maybe."
The object had lights all around it with thirty to forty colored lights along the back alone, he said to the CUFOS ufologists on the field.

"It was truly a flying city, if that's what you want to call it. I mean it was huge."

"If there is such a thing as a flying city, this was a flying city. It was not a small craft. It was huge."

"It was so shocking. People were just staring at this thing. I remember one guy, the size of his eyes was so large. It seemed I could talk about it for an hour. I was so excited about it, I wanted to share whatever I was feeling at the time."

"When I reached the Millwood area, I noticed twelve cars off to the side of the road. I pulled over and stopped, and then all of a sudden this huge craft was right over my car. That's when it was really shocking."
"Then the craft seemed to stop. The different colored lights seemed to go off, and just the white lights seemed to stay on. It was hovering a bit. It was just there looking like it was observing us as we were observing it."

"What can I tell you? I'll never forget that for the rest of my life. Five airplanes it was not."

John Dorazio

"The funny thing about it was that the lights weren't like any other lights I've ever seen. They didn't cast a glow or a beam of any sort."

Police Officer Andi Sadoff:

"I was working on a midnight to 4 a.m. tour, and was setting up some radar, for detecting cars speed up."

"I looked up into the sky and saw, coming from East to West, there was a series of lights. And first I thought it was a plane, it was quite in the distance, quite far away. But is was really quite large."

"As I recall, there were mostly white lights but there were green lights also. It was alternating, green and white lights."

"All of a sudden from a hill I saw a string of white lights, very wide, forming a half circle. It was just coming over the ridge and it caught my attention because it was so large."

"It approached my vehicle, and as it approached my vehicle, it stopped, and it seemed to hover."

"It then turned left started coming around where I was parked. I started shaking my head, thinking that this was strange because I heard no sound and this thing was large. It then passed over my vehicle and headed towards the town. Then about four minutes later, it came back in my direction. It turned over my car once again, but this time it was much lower. The way the object moved was very smooth, as if it was gliding. when it came around I could see the shape better.
It was in the shape of a V with white lights on the top and green lights on the bottom. It was flying towards me and headed right for my car. So I looked out the window and did the normal thing. I locked the door. This time it was very low. I stuck my head out of the window and it stopped right over my car."

"It then hovered there about 20 seconds, and I could see a masse that was very large. Behind it, that is, behind the lights, I could see a large solid object."

"There was no sound, and I was looking at this thing and I was thinking, what is it? When I put my head out of the window and looked up, it was huge."

"There was still no sound at all, and I'm saying to myself, this can't be happening, what's happening here? So I got on my radio and I made a call to one of the other guys and they said they got quite a few calls about it. The object then started to move again and headed over the ridge, and that was it."

"The thing that I recall most is that I was amazed that there was no noise. There was no huming, here was no engine, no low sound to it. It was absolutely silent."

"I was sitting there looking at it, and I wasn't afraid, I was just amazed, it was just weird and I didn't now what it was. Where did it come from?"

"I'm not tring to say what it was, I don't now what it was. I know it wasn't airplanes."

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Nice one Karl, it was descriptions like these that caught my interest in the Hudson sightings. It's always about lights and unusual movements. For the 1st time, we have plausible descriptions of structure...struts, cross-braces, undercarriage etc. Not some incredibly advanced tech of seamless discs or dancing lights...just a hulking, nuts and bolts, mechanical craft. Fair enough, it could have been an elaborate 'black-op' exercise in deception for whatever reason, but it remains an interesting sequence of events.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think I posted this in another thread, but we just interviewed Phil Imbrogno for the show, in which he detailed his work and connections with other anomalous instances and places in the Hudson Valley. He's a great guy with a lot of info. We're going to be picking select listeners sometime relatively soon, to take a trip up there with Phil possibly taking us around the area.

See my sig for link.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hey bud -theres a good interview posted by Jritzmann (above) where Phil Imbrogno states the scientific analysis of the H.V. triangle photographs by JPL conclude the UFO was a huge,solid object and not just individual aircraft.

Theres also another good documentary here about Hudson Valley object (and triangle sightings across the U.K.) thats well worth a watch.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The pilots who hoaxed the later sightings only flew on THURSDAYS yet the UFO sightings were not all on a Thursday

That would be very significant.

I'm glad you mentioned the flying club hoaxers. There are often these band wagon jumpers looking for a cheap thrill during mass sightings and debunkers try to use the fact of their foolishness as proof nothing happened at all. In this case, their hoax takes some sightings off the table but not all. Also, it's worth noting that the Stewart Air National Guard Base is in the area.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by fls13]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ah the Hudson Valley UFO sightings.. It remains one of my fave flaps.

Is anyone familiar with dr. Bruce Cornetts research on this phenomenon? His web site has seemingly been online for centuries now, even though it seems i can't find a lot of the pages with individual sightings. Anyway, here's a link that might help

www.abcfield.force9.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by payt69

Coronet represents for me a person who's gone a bit too far in what deems a "Triangle" of UFO. Much of his photos that I've seen show nothing but incoming airliners, many of which were taken at slow shutter speeds (which ultimately makes them a lot easier to identify).

Much of the late Ellen Crystal's photos I find also to be somewhat less than compelling. She certainly wrote a good book (Silent Invasion), but you have to wonder what times she saw something truly strange, or when she was just pumped for an experience. Many of her photos included in the book, just don't seem to support her contentions.

make no mistake, there is some serious weird stuff in that area of NY...not a doubt in my mind. But in many paranormal "hot spots" repeat investigators seem to lose their critical thinking skills.

Oddly enough, this is a pattern in many researchers that comes up time after time.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Nice one Karl, it was descriptions like these that caught my interest in the Hudson sightings. It's always about lights and unusual movements. For the 1st time, we have plausible descriptions of structure...struts, cross-braces, undercarriage etc.

No probs matey - theres also some other very interesting 'object descriptions' from the incident you posted about the Indian Point Nuclear reactor complex in Buchanan.
Several security police (not to mention plant workers and residents) also witnessed the object and describe it as 'bigger than a football field':

“As the object approached the plant, I got about as close as 500 feet from it. It looked like and ice cream cone. You could see it was a solid body about the size of three football fields. At this time, it was directly over our heads, and we were looking up at it. It was still moving, but very slowly. I could walk and keep up with it, so it mist have been going slower than five to ten miles an hour.”

“I turned my camera in that direction, and I saw eight bright lights in a V shape, very wide, almost like half circle. They were at least as bright as the landing lights on a large jet. My supervisor and I panned the camera up and sown, and the object was very large, bigger than a football field."

Summary:

1. As the object approached the east gate of Reactor Number Three, the nuclear plant's security system shut down. Sensors that detect movement shut down, and the entire alarm system failed.

2. Inside the security console, the computer that controls all security and communications systems shut down.

3. At that time, the commander contacted Camp Smith, a New York National Guard base less than ten miles away, requesting identification of the object. No answer was given. A request was then made for an armed helicopter to shoot the object down. Before the command was given to launch the helicopter, the UFO moved away.

4. The next day, the commander of the security guards informed then that “nothing happened” and the event was to be forgotten.

5. The incident was witnessed by several plant workers as well as the security guards.

6. A number of area residents saw the object at the same time the plant guards did, and the Peekskill police received numerous calls about the UFO the same night.

7. A videotape of the object may exist, since all the security cameras automatically record everything they see and the tapes are kept for a certain period of time before being reused. However, authorities say no such tape exists.

8. All radio communications that night were also routinely recorded, but the tapes reportedly no longer exist.

9. In the days following the incident, officials of the U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission visited the plant, and the entire security setup underwent a shakeup.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Interesting statement made by Nick Pope from the British Ministry of Defense.

"We were asking the Americans, 'Are you operating a prototype aircraft in our airspace?' That, of course, was nonsense. You simply would not do that from a diplomatic and political point of view. It would undermine the entire structure of NATO if you were putting things through someone else's airspace, particularly a close ally, without seeking the proper diplomatic clearance. But we had to ask. And the Americans, having had similar reports, I guess, since the Hudson Valley wave [New York state, mid-1980s], had been quietly asking us if we had some large, triangular shaped object that could go from 0 to Mach 5 in a second. Our response was that we wished we did. This was the bizarre situation: that we were chasing the Americans, and the Americans were chasing us."

Nick Pope - Head of the "UFO desk" at Air Secretariat 2-A, British Ministry of Defence.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Interesting map:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6881c529bc0b.jpg[/atsimg]

....The heaviest period was between the end of 1982 and 1986, when more than five thousand people reported seeing the object.

Sometimes called the “Westchester Boomerang” because some of the earliest reports came from Westchester County in New York State, it was huge and often flew close to the ground, so low that gray superstructure could be seen linking numerous multi-colored lights.

Numerous sightings were also reported in neighboring New York counties as well as in nearby Connecticut.

www.mufon.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
More witness testimony from a neighbour which appears to corroborate Dennis Sant's statement:

The Hudson Valley UFO flap:

THE SIGHTINGS OF THE NIGHT OF MARCH 17, 1983 IN BREWSTER

08:40 p.m., Linda Nicoletti

At 08:40 p.m., Linda Nicoletti, a family mother in her thirties had looked out a window of her house in Brewster. She saw a large lighted object hovering over Interstate 84 just west of her home, and she first thought it could be a large jet airplane that was going to crash into her house, but realized it was not an airplane: it was moving too slow.
She described it to the investigating ufologists as V-shaped with rows of bright lights along its "wings." She said that there were so many of these lights that it impossible to count them, and that they were of all colors of the rainbow, with one much larger and brighter light in the center underneath.
The object drifted slowly toward her house. She opened the window where she stood watching to check what the object sounded like, but she heard no sound, which confirmed to her that it could not be an airplane.
Then the object then made a right-angle turn and headed toward the home of her neighbor Dennis Sant two doors away. When the object turned, she saw Dennis Sant standing in his garden also watching the object.
The object then moved over Dennis Sant's house, and she saw him running under it as the object went over Sant's backyard.
She saw that Dennis Sant was bathed in the UFO's light, which lit up the whole area. Then the object stopped moving and stayed motionless above Dennis Sant. She ran to her husband who was watching television in the living room and shouted that there is "some type of strange lights over the Sants' house", and her husband ran outside to see this.
Mr. Nicoletti could thus see Dennis Sant and several neighbors watching the object. He then noticed that the traffic had stopped on Interstate 84 and that people were out of their cars looking at the object.

Link

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Good information Karl and from a site I regard as the most reputable alongside 'Ufoevidence'. UFOcasebook went offline today....recession?

While looking at hoaxes for my other thread, I noticed the Hudson Valley reports have been described as a hoax on a couple of sites. They repeat the same old BS about the small aircraft hoaxing on a Thursday night. The amount of reports and independent research doesn't support the idea that a few guys in single-prop airplanes were responsible for all the sightings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join